Thread: WTFWTK 2.101 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.101 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by No-Ah.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. No-Ah: DC Comics' new He-Man and the Master of the Universe comic starts this month. It looks like there are plenty of new character designs. Is there any chance any of them might find their way into the world of action figures in the next few years?

2. Skeletorous: With the rising prices sure to increase by 2015-2016 would it not make sense to make the Snake Mountain playset sooner than later and to ride the success of Castle Grayskull? Based on a poll I'm running, so far it seems like fans here really do want a Snake Mountain before costs rise too much more.

3. Mykan: Thank you so much for the Rock People reveal! A lot of people are excited about Stonedar and Rokkon - including myself. We're even MORE excited at the possibility of Granita, Facet and Cometroid. Could we expect these characters in 2014, 2015 or in a second Filmation sub?

4. CrashWatchmen: Can we make sure enough of the SDCC are made to go around? I know con items are meant as something special for those who attend but it would be a big shame if anyone missed out on such an awesome set!

5. Matthew L. Martin: All right, here's one that requires access to those archives where you dug out Skeleteen and the like. I am beginning to see bits and pieces in the original line that suggest Eldor may actually have been Adam. The coyness about his origin in the style guide and the cardback, the resemblance of his cloak to He-Man's disguise in "The Powers of Grayskull: The Legend Begins!", the similarity in his leggings and tunic to Adam's leggings, and the whole "you need this disguise for reasons that will become clear to you in the future!" bit. Am I completely off-base here, or was this actually the intent?

--------------

So ask those questions!

Are there any plans this year to market the 2014 MOTUC sub a big differently? For example, will there be a longer period of time to buy the sub or will more characters be revealed before the sub goes on sale?

Who are these 2 snakemen on page 2 and 3 of the third new mini comic.
    unnamed long necked snakeman.jpg

The original two vintage COMET WARRIORS were chosen to be the SDCC 2013 MOTUC exclusive and opened up another new fraction with in MOTUC. From the time they arrived they were often used in the mini comics but Rokkon and Stonedar were not the only ones featured in those comics.

In the mini comic "Escape From The Slime Pit" two others were featured. A yellow/orange/pink female and a green/silver/blue male. What are their names?

*Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I think I can guess your answer here Scott and I have already contacted Digital River about this but here goes anyway:

I preordered 2 Castle Grayskulls last fall in the $250 + Poster preorder period. My credit card number was stolen. I called to change my card number on the preorders. Digital River canceled my orders to reissue them on the new card. But the price point is the $275 one and not my original $250. I'm pretty sure I'll waste 6 hours and 10 calls wrestling their escalations department...

Can you, as the face of mattycollector, please contact them to straighten them out on the differences between the different preorders?

Thank you!

Can you tell us about the decision making process that went into making Teela so sexually provocative looking in the new DC Comics? Was it Mattel's idea, DC's idea, was it approved? Teela has never had super powers like many MOTU characters. Her formidability comes from her inner strength and iron will. Seeing her dress this way, especially to go into battle, is in direct opposition to one of her most prominent character traits. It's an especially interesting decision given that He-man, a warrior with exponentially greater physical powers and less need for body armor, has been sheathed head to toe in armor.

-----

Note: I tried phrasing this without any 'attitude.' I am genuinely interested in an answer to this question - I'm not trying to call anyone out. I think it's an important issue and I know I'm not the only one concerned.
    Last edited by jibernish; May 10, 2013 at 08:08pm.

How is it possible for Teela to become both the Queen of Eternia as well as the new Sorceress of Grayskull? Her mother had to severe all ties like relationships in order to protect the power inside of Grayskull. How can Teela not have to do the same? She can't exactly protect Grayskull from the Royal Palace.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Hello Toyguru,

You've said before that Eldor is special, because he was a prototype and not a concept character. And you've already released He-Ro and the Star Sisters; other prototypes. Can you comment on the importance of remaining prototype characters, like Evil Robot, Darius, and Mara? Are they characters we will see in 2014/2015, or are they ones that will likely be held until 2016?

Hi Scott,
    Could you please tell us at least some of the heroic warriors that will join the galactic protectors as stated by the bios?