Thread: Scene-The Secret of Chrystal Castle

Scene-The Secret of Chrystal Castle

Back in the 80-ties Starburst She-Ra was released in Austria with an audio cassette with the titel "The Secret Of Crystal Castle".

It was more or less an introduction to the characters (not included were Kowl, Castaspella and Double Trouble) and i think it was my first introduction to Peekablue, Sweet Bee, Entrapta and Perfuma.

Those Princess of Power audio stories were kind of shallow and the characters were very girly and sometimes even childish and mean.

Still i really loved that cassette and listened to it so often.

A few weeks ago i remembered it and found it on You tube and listened. Which inspired me to do some artwork and in the end i came up with a whole picture. Itīs not the best but i havenīt done a whole picture for a long time so iīm not really satisfied but itīs a start (again).

This scene shows Perfuma, Bow and Peekabue outside the whispering woods looking at the mysterious volcano. That volcano is the home of an unknown wizard who has Catra under his spell, she lives there two but in a cave together with Clawdeen.

What they donīt know is Entrapta is listening up on their conversation. She is more or less a double agent for Catra in this stories. She is accepted among them but Perfuma is very suspicious about her.

Itīs not a very dramatic scene but i always liked that part and the volcano so i chose that scene.

For the characters i chose a different look for Entrapta. I gave her her prototype boots and let down her hair. In the end you canīt see that much but maybe iīll post all the characters individual since i drew them separately.

Bow is very much like his action figure, he has some mini comics influences.

Perfuma, is also very vintage inspired. She has some more details on her tights.

And Peekablue is…well more or less my own creation. All though i sticked to her FILMATION hair style.
    Last edited by Niki; May 4, 2013 at 08:36pm.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Oh man, if this audio play is the same as the ones i know from the princess of power cassettes, they are really horrible to listen now Very straining.

I wondered first what this image was made of, scaps of scans put together like a collage, but in the big view, it seemed drawn. Kinda illustrator like with the gradients.

The details are really cool, and that volcano stuff, looks really nice. I like it.
    For a new start in art i would say good one keep it going!

Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by MAXX View Post
    Oh man, if this audio play is the same as the ones i know from the princess of power cassettes, they are really horrible to listen now Very straining.

I wondered first what this image was made of, scaps of scans put together like a collage, but in the big view, it seemed drawn. Kinda illustrator like with the gradients.

The details are really cool, and that volcano stuff, looks really nice. I like it.
    For a new start in art i would say good one keep it going!
    Yes, those audio cassette stories were not the best. Some were even down right awful but a few of them i liked to a certain degree. I never understood why they never mentioned He-Man or Eternia…but hey…
    They are childhood memories and for that i hold them dear to my heart but i would never ever recommend any of those to adults.

Everything on this picture is hand drawn. I made a rough sketch from the environment (the hill, the river, the forrest and the volcano in the back) and than i drew the the figures separately. I knew how i wanted them and in the end i put it all together.

So it is more or less a hand painted/turned into vectors collage and itīs all made in Illustrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    Love it!
    Thank you, you are way to generous

And here is an example how i did Entrapta and her environment:

*Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Nice work Niki, it is great to see you doing scenes, an environment always adds to the narrative!! I think your Entrapta looks terrific, shiny. seductive, & deadly!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Nice work Niki, it is great to see you doing scenes, an environment always adds to the narrative!! I think your Entrapta looks terrific, shiny. seductive, & deadly!!
    Thank you, since iīm coming from design and illustration, surroundings arenīt that natural for me but it was challenging to do a whole scenario for a change. And i realized i wanted to much. There is no real focus in that picture but thatīs what learning is for.

It was totally fun working on Entrapta and playing around with her outfit and her hair

And here is another detail picture, this time itīs Peekablue:

It looks great. You can tell that a lot of love went into it.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Cool pic! Entrapta is fabulous! Makes me want to see more POP characters in MOTUC!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    It looks great. You can tell that a lot of love went into it.
    Thank you very much. I really love Princess of Power and Masters of the Universe so itīs no wonder when ever i find the time to do something involving those characters i love doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    Cool pic! Entrapta is fabulous! Makes me want to see more POP characters in MOTUC!
    Thank you so much. Entrapta is such a great character and her design is amazing if you ask me but hers insīt the only one i really like and i want more POP characters in MOTUC as soon as possible
    Last edited by Niki; May 4, 2013 at 04:30pm.

Great pics, the background is fabulous , i'm dreaming of making just one like this !

Quote Originally Posted by woody77 View Post
    Great pics, the background is fabulous , i'm dreaming of making just one like this !
    Oh, thank you very much. I spent a lot of them researching and drawing those trees. The FILMATION artists were Masters of their crafts and here is my advise, if i can do it, you can do too! Just go for it

Love the scene, it's well composed. Great artwork! Keep it up
    She-Ra Princess of Power clip art, animated gifs & panoramic screen caps at http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Clip%20Art/
    My other artworks http://cosmicfalcon-70.deviantart.com/

Yes the audioplays were quite exhausting ... but my girls really like them. At least we know the real name of Lo Kee thanks to the intro episode and I expect that name one the bio if Lo Kee ever will be released in MOTIC. ;-) Petraud Edeltran ... How the hell did they come up with that name.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Falcon View Post
    Love the scene, it's well composed. Great artwork! Keep it up
    Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Mavericius View Post
    Yes the audioplays were quite exhausting ... but my girls really like them. At least we know the real name of Lo Kee thanks to the intro episode and I expect that name one the bio if Lo Kee ever will be released in MOTIC. ;-) Petraud Edeltran ... How the hell did they come up with that name.
    As i said the little fanboy loves those audios and back than i loved to listened to them but i know they arenīt the best but i donīt care i love my nostalgia

Even when they called him Lokee later on he stayed Petraud Edeltran to me and i didnīt connected them as the same character….stupid me

And it would be very cool if they would keep that as his real name or something like that but my guess is they donīt care enough for the german audio stories to add something like that to MOTUC.
    Last edited by Niki; June 25, 2013 at 07:12pm.