Thread: Question. How can Dare call on Power of Grayskull if he's not a relative of Grayskull

Question. How can Dare call on Power of Grayskull if he's not a relative of Grayskull

Nerd gripe, I always hated the fact that He-Man and Teela never had a kid. And adopted Dare. Since Dare was adopted how can he channel the power of Graykull since he is not a descendant of King Grayskull. And why does he turn into He-Ro. He-Ro was a wizard, and the toy line was produced before He-Ro: Son of He-Man was conceived. Anyway love to hear your thoughts. Deuces.
    ~ What doesn't kill you only makes you stranger ~

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuose View Post
    Nerd gripe, I always hated the fact that He-Man and Teela never had a kid. And adopted Dare. Since Dare was adopted how can he channel the power of Graykull since he is not a descendant of King Grayskull. And why does he turn into He-Ro. He-Ro was a wizard, and the toy line was produced before He-Ro: Son of He-Man was conceived. Anyway love to hear your thoughts. Deuces.
    In the original continuity, i.e. not the continuity in the *******ized Masters of the Universe Classics media, there is no King Grayskull, no succession of He-Men, and Dare is the biological son of Adora and Seahawk. Since Adam is the only He-Man, when Dare transforms, he becomes a He-Ro of his own.

I looked in the He-Ro: Son of He-man bible, and didn't see were it said that Dare was Adora's son. Maybe I read too fast. Where does it say that? Deuces.

I looked in the He-Ro: Son of He-man bible, and didn't see were it said that Dare was Adora's son. Maybe I read too fast. Where does it say that? Deuces.
    It's not in the series pitch. Lou Scheimer revealed it later in an interview.

Thanks for the info. I still don't like Dare. But I see the connection to the bloodline now, but it still doesn't explain why he turns into He-Ro, if he is Adoras son shouldn't he turn into He-Ra? Snoogans

Thanks for the info. I still don't like Dare. But I see the connection to the bloodline now, but it still doesn't explain why he turns into He-Ro, if he is Adoras son shouldn't he turn into He-Ra? Snoogans
    Probably for the same reason Adora does not transform in to She-Woman. It is not a one-to-one correspondence. Each individual becomes a unique hero of his own when he transforms, not some iteration of a person who came before.

Fair enough. Still don't like dare.