Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini Masters are coming to SDCC (and to Mattycollector Aug 5th)

I know most of you are happy abou tthese but what a dissappointing SDCC offering from MAttel all the way around.

And with one reveal, Hasbro just blew every Mattel offering out of the water. That 6 inch Boba Fett is amazing.
    Last edited by evenflow; May 3, 2013 at 03:15pm.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    I just don't understand... the main MOTU line (classics) is at the edge of extinction every year (according to official communications), doing extra accesories is supposed to be expensive, the goal is set to try to compress the line for 2014 to get to much desired characters, we don't know yet if 2014 will be a reality, reissues are off the table, prices are higher because of increase of materials and such... so, we have to live with a line (Classics) that is always threatened by extinction due to resources... BUT there are resources to make this happen (nice product but not a "must")...

So, the metaphor could be that we had a ship wreckage, made it with great effort to an unhabited island with limited resources, and instead of rationalizing the existing coconuts and pineapples, we decided to make coctels for everyone! yuuupiiiii!

Very cool these are coming finally! Fans have been asking for these pretty much since the day they were revealed at SDCC a few years ago. And now Matty can legitimize a reason for their release due to the game. I say whatever works!

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    I just don't understand... the main MOTU line (classics) is at the edge of extinction every year (according to official communications), doing extra accesories is supposed to be expensive, the goal is set to try to compress the line for 2014 to get to much desired characters, we don't know yet if 2014 will be a reality, reissues are off the table, prices are higher because of increase of materials and such... so, we have to live with a line (Classics) that is always threatened by extinction due to resources... BUT there are resources to make this happen (nice product but not a "must")...

So, the metaphor could be that we had a ship wreckage, made it with great effort to an unhabited island with limited resources, and instead of rationalizing the existing coconuts and pineapples, we decided to make coctels for everyone! yuuupiiiii!
    Good point, but you're somewhat talking apples and oranges as SKU's govern all. Just because Masters in one iteration- MOTUC v.s. Mini-Masters- isn't seeing booming sales doesn't mean another might not fair better. Especially when in this case the Mini-Masters are supported by a well received handheld game. Just saying that Mattel speaking poor mouth re: MOTUC may not equal any other MOTU related product or line.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Nice, I love these. Will definitely buy them-- hope they do ALL the guys!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post

Very good point.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Yeah, I'll buy the 2-pack.

I see what Matty is doing. Regular MOTUC suffers from two problems: Rising costs and running out of A-list characters. This lets them re-boot everything and drop prices. Very clever.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Yeah, I'll buy the 2-pack.

I see what Matty is doing. Regular MOTUC suffers from two problems: Rising costs and running out of A-list characters. This lets them re-boot everything and drop prices. Very clever.
    Hmmm, so that's the explanation for this to happen. Makes sense... for Mattel.

Not even a remote interest in these. As a whole (other than Rokkon/Stonedar) the Mattel reveals for SDCC have been a bit...wanting for me. My wallet says thanks but my collection says what the heck?

Thanks Mattel for the Faker Vs Replikor... ermm I mean "He-Man Vs Skeletor" 2 pack. lol
    ..yes I am buying 2 to customize a set... maybe 3... lol

Evil Master of Fluffiness skullking's Avatar
    Best SDCC Exclusive Ever...

Thank you.

Heroic Podcaster
    I'm in. Hope to get many more mini MOTU in the future!

These will be $20 minimum because they are SDCC exclusives. They know people will pay through the nose and will cost them accordingly.
    Angella - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - FLUTTERINA! - Flying Fists He-Man
    Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma - RIO BLAST!
    Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

Awesome!!! Now I have an exclusive to look forward on getting at the show!
    TB-1089
    Inland Empire Squad Leader
    Southern California Garrison
    501st Legion

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    I'm in. Hope to get many more mini MOTU in the future!

These will be $20 minimum because they are SDCC exclusives. They know people will pay through the nose and will cost them accordingly.
    For $20 I have zero interest in them. I would be ok with $10. I really shouldn't buy them since if they did keep releasing them it would take 2 decades to get where we are at with the amount of characters classics has.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

YES. Finally, some word on these little guys! I guess this sorta means they didn't really find a place for a full-on line of these guys, but I'm more than happy to at least get He-Man and Skeletor. Love the look!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Still not diggin' these much, but I'll probably pick em' up.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Bought as soon as they go on sale....hopefully, through Early Access....and not overly expensive, because July & August will be expensive....5 figures, if I decide to get the Rock dudes & these....damn.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Dont care for these at all. First Masters of the Universe item I will not be buying. They look like they are geared toward pre-schoolers

This is great news for me! I really want this set!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Gorilla beastussapien Beastmangler's Avatar
    They look cool but I don't have much hope that they will be releasing more characters besides these two since He-man and Skeletor are "Evergreen" characters and they being exclusives means they won't be available later. Will be picking them up, of course.

Heck yeah!!! I'm going to have to get 4 or 5 sets. I love these so much I'd be ecstatic to see the entire MotUverse get the mini master treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    Heck yeah!!! I'm going to have to get 4 or 5 sets. I love these so much I'd be ecstatic to see the entire MotUverse get the mini master treatment.
    Yes please. *hands over wallet*
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I'm down for the whole universe in this style as well. Let's do this!

This is great news.I'd imagine we see the video game characters since this is how they are marketing it.Give me mini-Megator!

These are cute and fun.
    I'm not sure I'll be getting them... though they would look pretty cool displayed on either side of my Icon Heroes Castle Grayskull business card holder...
    I'm betting we'll get news at SDCC that Mattel is going to go ahead with a separate line of these lil' guys.

Just imagine these guys with the Grayskull play set.
    I know it's been said before, but this is one aspect to these little guys that I'm really excited about.

And to think people will hopefully be able to "play" with these on production sample Grayskulls at SDCC.

Why oh why am I not going?!!! (budget budget budget)
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog