Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Mini Masters are coming to SDCC (and to Mattycollector Aug 5th)

Heroic Warrior
    Sweeeeeet! I am so stoked that we're getting these! I hope there will be more after these two!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm so getting these. I just hope that the game is out on Android by then!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Just imagine these guys with the Grayskull play set.
    I know it's been said before, but this is one aspect to these little guys that I'm really excited about.

And to think people will hopefully be able to "play" with these on production sample Grayskulls at SDCC.

Why oh why am I not going?!!! (budget budget budget)
    I agree, I have decided to use 1 grayskull just for a mini masters display area now as the scale is perfect for the new grayskull with these guys lol

Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    Dont care for these at all. First Masters of the Universe item I will not be buying. They look like they are geared toward pre-schoolers

I'm hoping this is precisely the point. Geared for kids. I want them for myself too. But my kids have been wanting these since their first reveals. Now when they're building castles with their Legos He-Man & Skeletor will be in scale with it. Plus these figures will go great with the ICON Heroes CG that's being shipped out right now to us fans that bought one. Very exciting. And the CG box display they're in is pretty cool. I really hope more are going to be made. Mini Masters Sub please...........

So excited for these! I hope they do well enough we get many, many more.

I loved playing the game, it was all kinds of fun and thought while playing it that if they released mini figures based on those designs, I'd totally buy them. Now they are. Awesome! I'm in!

Yes! Mini Masters!
    Let's start a new line.
    I want them all!
    HEMAN.jpgSKELETOR.jpg

It's about time they released these. I really hope we get more of these little guys.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Grayskull's Librarian Shadow Weaver 78's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    I just don't understand... the main MOTU line (classics) is at the edge of extinction every year (according to official communications), doing extra accesories is supposed to be expensive, the goal is set to try to compress the line for 2014 to get to much desired characters, we don't know yet if 2014 will be a reality, reissues are off the table, prices are higher because of increase of materials and such... so, we have to live with a line (Classics) that is always threatened by extinction due to resources... BUT there are resources to make this happen (nice product but not a "must")...

So, the metaphor could be that we had a ship wreckage, made it with great effort to an unhabited island with limited resources, and instead of rationalizing the existing coconuts and pineapples, we decided to make coctels for everyone! yuuupiiiii!
    100% agreed.

What figure will we not get now because resources were funneled into these?

They are cute, like the Polly Pockets, but with so much doom and gloom there should have been a 2nd demanded release for the Classics line instead.

Razz, Please... She's one that basically needs SDCCs special tooling budget...
    Travesty...
    Last edited by Shadow Weaver 78; May 3, 2013 at 07:45pm.
    Go big or go home

Heroic Warrior
    I'm very happy for those who wanted the mini masters.

HOWEVER, I won't buy them.

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    Cool. Can't wait for Chef Allen.
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

Finally!

I just hope these last long enough for me to pick up a set. Hopefully we'll see more sets in the future.

OMGosh!!
    These are so awesome!
    I hope we get MossMan too!!
    These will be PERFECT for CG!!
    More more more!!

Evil Master of Fluffiness skullking's Avatar
    I realize this wasn't made in relation to the video game, but I think Animator's piece fits this line nicely.

I'm already seeing people putting preorders for these on ebay! How the heck do they know they'll even get enough to fulfill their orders?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Weaver 78 View Post
    100% agreed.

What figure will we not get now because resources were funneled into these?

They are cute, like the Polly Pockets, but with so much doom and gloom there should have been a 2nd demanded release for the Classics line instead.

Razz, Please... She's one that basically needs SDCCs special tooling budget...
    Travesty...
    Nothing is likely being taken from Classics, it's a whole new line of Masters, Classics had it's tooling budget laid out back when the subs closed last year....I don't get why people keep making it seem like Classics is losing tooling money due to another Masters line....it's nothing more than another Mattel line that happens to be called MOTU....totally separate from Classics, totally it's own budget.

The Mini Masters are not related to Classics, only to the MOTU world, but totally separate lines. So saying Classics should have had a second figure, is moot at best. Mini Masters are not Classics.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I just don't understand... the main MOTU line (classics) is at the edge of extinction every year (according to official communications), doing extra accesories is supposed to be expensive, the goal is set to try to compress the line for 2014 to get to much desired characters, we don't know yet if 2014 will be a reality, reissues are off the table, prices are higher because of increase of materials and such... so, we have to live with a line (Classics) that is always threatened by extinction due to resources... BUT there are resources to make this happen (nice product but not a "must")...

So, the metaphor could be that we had a ship wreckage, made it with great effort to an unhabited island with limited resources, and instead of rationalizing the existing coconuts and pineapples, we decided to make coctels for everyone! yuuupiiiii!
    Good point. It seems very elementary but for some reason businesses see it this way. v

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Good point, but you're somewhat talking apples and oranges as SKU's govern all. Just because Masters in one iteration- MOTUC v.s. Mini-Masters- isn't seeing booming sales doesn't mean another might not fair better. Especially when in this case the Mini-Masters are supported by a well received handheld game. Just saying that Mattel speaking poor mouth re: MOTUC may not equal any other MOTU related product or line.
    ^ Which never made any freaking sense to me. Every toy company does this. Every one has to make product (usually something terrible) outside of the main toyline which usually never sells well. If they claim to have sales problems with the main line, they shouldn't make tiny cutesy versions (large scale figures, one giant electronic figure, role play sets, silly pull-back cars, etc) and somehow expect them to turn a great profit much less help the overall brand (reeeally getting tired of the "this will turn kids on to it" beliefs). I think one of the main reasons MOTU has stayed afloat the past few years is because it's stayed away from this. Hopefully HM and Skelly will be the only ones. With that said, the Mini Masters are pretty cool. I'm just not interested in another line to right now. I'd rather this plastic been Widgets, Twiggets, Monteeg, Montork, etc.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I hope this is only the beginning because I'm very excited! The only thing that could make this better is if these are SDCC versions of a retail line.

I suspect the real challenge will be making Orko even MORE cartoonish. I can't even fathom how that is possible

MOTU is more then just Classics. You said it your self, Classics in winding down, we all know that. Mattel has a duty to exploit the brand in new directions to keep it viable. I understand the frustration. If 2016 comes and I have half a dozen of these and no Classics Gwildor I will go APE!
    but these are exciting too, in their own, different way.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

I kinda wish they were more realistic looking and not so cartoony.......but If this line continues with more characters....I think I might collect them! They will go great with that Icon Heroes Grayskull!!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Nothing is likely being taken from Classics, it's a whole new line of Masters, Classics had it's tooling budget laid out back when the subs closed last year....I don't get why people keep making it seem like Classics is losing tooling money due to another Masters line....it's nothing more than another Mattel line that happens to be called MOTU....totally separate from Classics, totally it's own budget.

The Mini Masters are not related to Classics, only to the MOTU world, but totally separate lines. So saying Classics should have had a second figure, is moot at best. Mini Masters are not Classics.
    Who said anything about a new line? I thought these were just a cool little extra SDCC exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    Who said anything about a new line? I thought these were just a cool little extra SDCC exclusive.
    As of now they are just an exclusive 2-pack. Some are hoping the line continues beyond SDCC.

This is how line/brand extensions work. You put out stuff to see if the public responds. For one thing, a lot of people have been clamoring for these since they first showed the prototypes long ago. If these sell like gangbusters, we could see more. It's necessarily related to the success or failure of MOTUC any more than a possible movie line would be.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Mini-Masters 2-pack are $20. That's not bad. I was worried Mattel would make it more.

Toyguru said it's $20 on MattyCollector's forums.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    They look cool. If I didn't have to get Stonedar and Rokkkon I would pick these guys up. They would be the right size for castle grayskull in december. Nice to see MOTU expanding beyond the Classics line.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Psyched for the mini-masters! Very fun! I'd definitely collect these in addition to MOTUC if they continued releasing them.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Mini-Masters 2-pack are $20. That's not bad. I was worried Mattel would make it more.

Toyguru said it's $20 on MattyCollector's forums.

I figured they would be $20 + shipping.......and that makes it an easy pass. Too expensive for something that isn't any bigger than the 200x McDonald's toys.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210