Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Mini Masters are coming to SDCC (and to Mattycollector Aug 5th)

I love them! Hopefully I'll be able to pick them up post SDCC.

These are fun!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Lord of the Reptilians tampico32's Avatar
    I think i will pass....
    Thank you so much to my partners of He-Man.org for helping me to get MOTUC figures:

My Sell/Buy/Trade Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

I want a Mini Masters sub.......now!! I'd at least start with 3 subs if these come out.

Heroic Warrior
    Wow... I have to say that the mini-master Mer Man has a better head sculpt than the muppet Classics version. anyways, as a SDCC exclusive 2pack in fancy packaging, I think $20 is a price point. But I can honestly see Mattel announcing a retail line of these Mini-Masters at SDCC with a retail price of $7 - 10. I think kids w gobble these things up and as a MOTU collector, they make a nice side line to collect if the price is right.
    Last edited by grenadaspice; May 5, 2013 at 11:44am.

Pass

they're cool and cute but Club Eternia 13 its my priority for now, anyway I'm still on the fence for icon heroes CG
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

They'll look great next to my LEGO minifigs!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    Who said anything about a new line? I thought these were just a cool little extra SDCC exclusive.
    I never said they were a new line, I said they were separate from Classics, therefore nothing was taken from Classics to make these. Besides, they have a small line of concepts and prototypes done. But as I said, these Mini Masters have nothing financially to do with Classics, that was my point.

He-Man
    Skeletor
    Mer-Man
    Scareglow
    Faker

So, if they wanted to make it a new line, they already have the first few figures sculpted. I for one, really hope these make it to a full line, or at the very least, they make the ones they have prototyped already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Wow... I have to say that the mini-master Mer Man has a better head sculpt than the muppet Classics version. anyways, as a SDCC exclusive 2pack in fancy packaging, I think $20 is a price point. But I can honestly see Mattel announcing a retail line of these Mini-Masters at SDCC with a retail price of $7 - 10. I think kids w gobble these things up and as a MOTU collector, they make a nice side line to collect if the price is right.
    I want a set for me, and to buy my son a set for him to play with.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Loved seeing these at SDCC in 2011! And I am so excited that they are finally being released. The pictures really don't do them justice.

Movie mayhem!
    So excited these are coming out. Just sucks that they took away some of the shoulder articulation. I thought that really pushed these little guys over the edge into amazingness

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    This is yet another reason why MOTUC isn't in trouble IMO. Why expand on a "declining" property? If it were doing badly, Mattel wouldn't touch it at all.
    Because that's what you do if you can't get new customers. If new people aren't coming in, you have to increase your revenue per existing customer.

Mattel thinks more about the future of the brand than on motuc.

since the game's release, which reached the number one position in ipad apps, the brand grew.
    He-Man facebook page grew more than 25%, motu getting 76 per cent more views than usual of late and DC launched a Ongoing series.
    the game was a success and by chance the minimasters look like the game, mattel takes advantage of that.

I think mattel would like to launch a line more economical and cheap like the minimasters.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; May 7, 2013 at 01:58pm.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

This line should go to retail. I think it would do very well and introduce a new generation to Masters.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    This line should go to retail. I think it would do very well and introduce a new generation to Masters.
    Agreed.

Plus, these "mini" figures seem to be all the rage with the kids today. From the WWE to Marvel and Star Wars, these little guys are popular!!

I know I'd snatch 'em up in a heartbeat!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Agreed, hope this happens.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Yes, and I would buy 2 sets, one for me, and one for my son. 2 guaranteed sales right here for almost each figure.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Mattel thinks more about the future of the brand than on motuc.

since the game's release, which reached the number one position in ipad apps, the brand grew.
    He-Man facebook page grew more than 25%, motu getting 76 per cent more views than usual of late and DC launched a Ongoing series.
    the game was a success and by chance the minimasters look like the game, mattel takes advantage of that.

I think mattel would like to launch a line more economical and cheap like the minimasters.
    Too many people have Classics blinders on right now, and think that Classics resources are going to go to the Mini Masters....
    It just doesn't work that way, each line would be a separately run entity, but it's hard to get for some. A line like Mini Masters
    which would have a good retail appearance and be cheaper than Classics, it would appeal to younger kids that buy the
    Transformers Rescue Bots and the other similar sized and shaped toys, even if they don't know who He-Man is. A handheld App
    nowadays is a good way to spread something out to people....so, these I think would do decently at retail, they're cheaper to make
    than Classics and have a more kiddish appeal to them, which also helps. Plus on the bright side, they can do nothing but help Classics.

Sad part is, Mattel already alienated new fans for Classics....so who knows....maybe Mattel would re-instate certain Classics figures to
    re-issue if the demand was generated by the MM line.

But wow, look a Masters line that can potentially stand on it's own 2 feet (literally) right out of the box!
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Mini-Masters regular release?

Sorry if this has been answered already (I searched...)

I'm a bit out of the MOTU loop as of late so I'm wondering if the Mini-Masters will be receiving a regular release? I see the He-Man Skeletor 2-pack as the SDCC "pick-up at the Con" exclusive but will it be available after the Con or down the road as a regular purchase?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Sllohcin; June 9, 2013 at 03:05pm.
    "A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

My DeviantART

Yes it will be available on mattycollector in August, I believe.