Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New He-Man costume to debut in issue 4 of the comic (SPOILERS)

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelor View Post
    Looks like Dc's version of BA He-man to me.
    Pretty much my take, as well. I'm not reading the new comic, and I don't plan to start. But if this design were to show up as the ONLY look for He-Man in a new movie, I suspect I'm not the only one that would be unhappy.
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    To be fair, we don't know if this will be his default look from now on. For all we know, this could be a power-up or armor, ala Snake Armor He-Man.
    True. That's what I'm hoping for: a temporary change.

I'm one who's all for the "power up" armor changes. I loved the variants as a kid and love the idea of his outfit changing based on the situation. I loved some of the 200x variants, hated others. But I dig the concept.

...not really sure what situation this outfit would be appropriate for, though. But guess I'll find out soon enough. Maybe he's taking on the 52 Supes.

It's better than Snake Armour He Man.

But thought it's actually pretty great, I hope we havent seen the last of his more traditional look, even the redisigned one.

But there are worse things than things evolving. If they're evolving, it shows they are alive.

And I would rather have my Masters of the Universe evolving and alive than stagnant and dead.

normal reactions to a new design, still must digest.

I wonder what was our first reaction to N. A He-Man , probably bad( ultra futuristic desing, pants). Today we accept it because we know the context, situation,history.

so I say patience with this new design, to expect more pictures,context , history.

Anyway I think the design neither "wow" nor "uff"
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    It's better than Snake Armour He Man.
    That goes without saying lol

I'm not too keen on it. It needs to be more barbaric.[/SPOILER]
    I second! Also...More gold?! Where's the red? These aren't his colors. I hope this is a temporary outfit.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Except for the sword, nothing in that picture reminds me of He-Man, they stripped him of everything that made him stand out. I think it's a very regrettable decision and I hope this won't affect the upcoming movie designs. I even wish that Mattel would step in at this point, because it seems like the Adam persona is completely usurping He-Man's territory.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I even wish that Mattel would step in at this point, because it seems like the Adam persona is completely usurping He-Man's territory.
    everything DC does is under consent of mattel, in fact almost everything is suggested by mattel , example: Despara , the new look of Hordak.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    everything DC does is under consent of mattel, in fact almost everything is suggested by mattel , example: Despara , the new look of Hordak.
    I have no problem with Despara or Hordak's new look, those are great designs ... but to change the main hero into something so drastically different shows how little confidence they have in this brand.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    normal reactions to a new design, still must digest.

I wonder what was our first reaction to N. A He-Man , probably bad( ultra futuristic desing, pants). Today we accept it because we know the context, situation,history.

so I say patience with this new design, to expect more pictures,context , history.

Anyway I think the design neither "wow" nor "uff"
    My reaction to NA He-Man is the same today as when he was new: "Ugh"
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

How muscular He-Man is seems to vary depending on the artist, but I think that although his arms don't look as beefy as I've seen them look, there is no way that could be Adam. I don't mind the new look, as long as its just a fling. It's kinda like a girl who's not real pretty, but you hang out with her a few times just cause she's different.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I have no problem with Despara or Hordak's new look, those are great designs ... but to change the main hero into something so drastically different shows how little confidence they have in this brand.
    I agree - they have no confidence in what MOTU really is.

There's been no strong vision for this property in a long time. Toys are one thing, but as far as the brand overall is concerned, they just don't know what to do with it. The only vision is, "What do we have to change about He-man to make us money?" Nothing great is ever made trying to satisfy the masses. Great things come from talented people following their own vision.

And this isn't a rip on TG - but he's not a creative professional. He loves the brand, but he's a businessman. And he's the point man on all of this. He doesn't have a strong vision - plain and simple. Under his watch, He-man is a drunk wobbling down the road, banging into parked cars and light poles, going north, and then spinning around to go south, no idea which way home is.

I looked at this picture for some time and it reminded me on something i have seen before and than finally it hit me itīs a combination of two costumes iīve seen before but the weird part is, they are both not DC.

Itīs Jeremy Renners face arms and shoulders with some fur added to make it at least a bit MOTU and than Iron Mans waist and legs sections combined with the battle armor H.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

The Iron Man comparisons I get, but the Jeremy Renner comparison just seems way off to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

I think the problem is this: "Is He-Man a Barbarian, or a prince with magical strength?" If he's the latter, why does he look like a barbarian? If they went with the minicomic canon, they could justify his look. But if they go with a prince who has magical strength, then he needs to look a bit different. In a world of magic and science where you have a medieval society of royals, he needs to sort of match that world. Hence, armor, tech, and pants might not be so bad.

I see...
    It's exactly what I thought. I even begun to think that this was Dare / He-Ro 2.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

...not really sure what situation this outfit would be appropriate for, though. But guess I'll find out soon enough. Maybe he's taking on the 52 Supes.
    The situation is eternian prom.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by hopewell View Post
    I think the problem is this: "Is He-Man a Barbarian, or a prince with magical strength?" If he's the latter, why does he look like a barbarian? If they went with the minicomic canon, they could justify his look. But if they go with a prince who has magical strength, then he needs to look a bit different. In a world of magic and science where you have a medieval society of royals, he needs to sort of match that world. Hence, armor, tech, and pants might not be so bad.
    I can really see where your coming from, but in my own little head I never saw a problem with a prince turning into a barbarian. It's not as though Adam picked out his He-Man attire. The transformation just left him wearing furry shorts and an iron cross. I always thought it was because it was the ancient power of Grayskull that changed him, and I figured the power of Grayskull isn't worried about the Princes fashion sense, otherwise He-Man might be wearing pink.

Also He-mans weapon is the Power Sword. He doesn't get cool guns or anything tech based. He fights with a sword and super strength. Those are just the powers Adam gets, he didn't get to pick them either. I think it's kinda cool when there is technology available, but He-man takes care of business like....a barbarian. I see no reason the original look would not work for any incarnation of He-man.

Hey DC Comics, instead of making the barbarian look more like a fop prince, why not make Adam look more barbaric? Just a thought.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

To me this looks a lot like Battle Armor He-Man. Just like they also updated his regular armor. Like others I hope it's a temporary change and not a permanent replacement
    Awesome sticker included!

Haha, oh DC. Your never ending pointless character redesigns are always hilarious. This looks like a random collection of armor and clothing that was pulled out of a junk drawer.

You know what'd make a cool costume for the comics? This. It's an obscure design, but I like it:

review_motuc1_1.jpg

Pretty neat lookin'! Wouldn't mind a toy of it someday. As such, however, it doesn't effect me much being in a comic. If they made a toy of it and kept the look of the facial features I might use it for an armored Adam, of sorts. Chances are though, they'd use the standard He-Man head. Would be a cool design to use for his time in between NA and becoming king.

BUT...once again, I always think in terms of toys. Neat design otherwise.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I for one don't mind it at all. I really think it makes sense to wear clothes and not just trunks from time to time. I also feel like this design will translate better on the big screen because it looks much less risque and kids are not always keen to his almost naked look. I truly do think that Mattel has intentionally introduced this look for the new film or at least to gauge people's responses to a new look. To me it is a much better variant than let's say flying fists He-Man but others would disagree. The whole new costume always causes controversy but the New 52 costumes are far superior IMO to the old designs. I feel like DC has done a good job with making the costumes more functional looking and this new He-Man suit is the same.

I like it , its just another he-ma variant, after all he-man is not conan, for sure we all know he-man for his barbarian outfits but its cool sometime to see some changes and a new direction for the character , that I personally feel its quite boring per se (just like superman!) infect what I really love about this property is the rich world sorrounding all the characters and warriors from all the factions (snakemen, robots, cyborgs, medieval warriors, mystical creatures etc)

I do feel well' probably see this type of armor for the movie (just see Thor'success) , but dont worry , the barbarian look its still the most iconic and recognizable from the fans and the general audience, it'd be a crime to not show classic he-man at least during 1 battle in 1 scene of the movie
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I for one don't mind it at all. I really think it makes sense to wear clothes and not just trunks from time to time. I also feel like this design will translate better on the big screen because it looks much less risque and kids are not always keen to his almost naked look. I truly do think that Mattel has intentionally introduced this look for the new film or at least to gauge people's responses to a new look. To me it is a much better variant than let's say flying fists He-Man but others would disagree. The whole new costume always causes controversy but the New 52 costumes are far superior IMO to the old designs. I feel like DC has done a good job with making the costumes more functional looking and this new He-Man suit is the same.
    I say this lightheartedly, but since when does anything in MOTU makes sense? That's what makes it cool. Why start making sense now? I want a grey power harness and furry shorts!

I hear you though - they want to make things 'make sense' so the mainstream audience will buy in. I don't know why the furry shorts look is such a big deal. Some people will be hung up on it, but you can't please everyone no matter what you try. If they can sell a movie ticket to 10% of the people who watch wrestling, body-building fans, people who like looking at a well-built guy, fantasy fans, and everyone who remembers MOTU fondly, they'll make off like bandits with a movie featuring the real He-man. Plus it might actually be good instead of watered-down, generic action movie featuring some plain-Joe action hero you couldn't pick out of a line-up.
    Last edited by jibernish; May 5, 2013 at 04:19pm.