Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New He-Man costume to debut in issue 4 of the comic (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Do you guys think this is an intro for the "new movie" He-Man. I could totally see them looking at original He-Man designs and thinking "This would not work in a movie. He can't just run around in underwear." and then deciding to try out a new, more clothed outfit. Smaller muscles fit in here too.

I guess the 21 century He-Man needs more "realistic" physique and a more modern outfit. I could totally see this as a test of this new look.
    Oh, I have no doubt whatsoever that He-Man will be armored in the movie.

I'm OK with it. I'll have to read the comic to see how they get to that point and then keep reading to see if the new look feels like it will have any staying power. I'll reserve final judgment 'til then.

Do you guys think this is an intro for the "new movie" He-Man. I could totally see them looking at original He-Man designs and thinking "This would not work in a movie. He can't just run around in underwear." and then deciding to try out a new, more clothed outfit. Smaller muscles fit in here too.

I guess the 21 century He-Man needs more "realistic" physique and a more modern outfit. I could totally see this as a test of this new look.
    It's a good point. Nearly naked He-man seems easier for people, who aren't He-fans, to laugh at. IDK for sure if a more modest He-man would work better in a movie but something in the back of my mind says "yes" (if done well).

4-Wheeled Heroic Warrior Wheelor's Avatar
    Looks like Dc's version of BA He-man to me.
    Quote the Raven
    "Nevermore"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

It depends where they are going with it. The success of 300 in theaters and later Spartacus on cable proved that adventures with beefy muscular guys isn't the relic that some would believe and can work, if done well. However, Hollywood might want to go in a less barbaric fantasy direction, as barbarians were "so 80's". Think He-Man meets Phantasy Star II, IV and Online.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Thunder Pants He-Man! This variant figure needs to happen!

Did Jim Lee design this one too? Because it screams 90s (but with a Justice League collar!).

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    My first thought when I saw the face was to think it was Adam too.

The design doesn't really "wow" me. Just seems like change for the sake of change.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The success of 300 in theaters and later Spartacus on cable...
    True. I forgot about those. Still, Spartacus is for mature audiences only, even 300 is probably more adult then Mattel would want for their line. I guess I'm personally more inclined toward a less barbaric/ more sci-fi He-Man, so less skin would work better for that. Time will tell

I think it's Adam.

He-Man in this book has been drawn to be really big (muscular frame 'n' all), and I'm not seeing that size here.

And I'm also getting the impression everyone knows Adam's "fabulous secret powers" in this story too. Which I'm totally fine with.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

It depends where they are going with it. The success of 300 in theaters and later Spartacus on cable proved that adventures with beefy muscular guys isn't the relic that some would believe and can work, if done well. However, Hollywood might want to go in a less barbaric fantasy direction, as barbarians were "so 80's". Think He-Man meets Phantasy Star II, IV and Online.
    I agree - barbarians aren't poison if you do them right.

This isn't He-man to me. I think it's a cop-out for people who have no good ideas and/or don't believe in themselves or the property. The only thing He-man about that is his hair color and his chest symbol. The rest might as well be a repainted Sir Laser Lot figure with a Prince Adam head stuck on. Yuck. I'm not interested at all. Hopefully this is just an outfit he wears for an issue or two. Why are we dressing He-man up like he's a Barbie doll?

I could definitely see that as a more movie-friendly HE-MAN. But MAX made a great point when he said...

The success of 300 in theaters and later Spartacus on cable proved that adventures with beefy muscular guys isn't the relic that some would believe and can work, if done well.
    To me, HE-MAN will always be the barbarian version, but I don't mind the change. However, I'd be enraged if we didn't already have the MOTUC line, and a new toy line was going to be based solely on these 'modern' designs.
    Heroic Stone Mason of Castle Grayskull!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm always up for new armor/costumes. I almost wish we'd see more of it. I loved it when they gave 200x Tri Klops pants and I'm liking giving He-Man some now. Yeah, I get that NA He-Man had pants. He was in space, though. It's not like he was shirtle...oh crap.

I agree a Barbarian movie can work very well but if the movie keeps the Prince Adam twist (which it likely will), then a price transforming into a barbarian doesn't make sense for some people. Even when friends see my collection they tend to ask "Why do most of them have clothes, armor, etc and He-man is in a loin cloth?" I answer "Well see he ORIGINALLY was a barbarian toy but then..." And I am left with no logical reason why a prince would become a barbarian. So long story short, pants help it make a bit more sense.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    That thing is God-awful.

DC has proven only one thing with The New 52 and this garbage...

They don't know a THING about costume design.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I dont mind the outfit if its just like a special costume to help protect him and help fight against the Horde. But i wont be very happy if its his new costume permanently.
    But he actually does look like Adam n not He-Man. Im hoping that eventually people will somehow forget that Adam is He-Man coz i like the whole secret identity thing. Also would be good if we saw a story how Skeletor took ova Enternia n how he found out Adam was He-Man. I have all the DC comics n im sure that it wasn't explained or was it n ive forgotten?
    If this is He-Mans new permanent costume I wonder wat She-Ra will look like? Hopfully she will look awesome!!!
    Xena & She-Ra Rule

I think that's quite interesting to be honest. I'm really liking the look of the new comic so far. To me this is sort of like a battle armour/Thunderpunch He-man mash up in a way. I'm really interested to see how the new comic develops.

On a side note I think that's perhaps the best depiction of the Power Sword I have ever seen. Personally I think something very much like that could even work on screen for a new movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Who are they marketing to this to? Certainly not MOTU fans.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I don't read the comic, but I like the look.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I don't like it.
    It's too superheroish...
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Who are they marketing to this to? Certainly not MOTU fans.
    Correction: not me, anyway
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelor View Post
    Looks like Dc's version of BA He-man to me.
    I'm shocked that it took until the second page for someone to say this! It's obviously a take on the battle armor! If you like battle armor, I have no idea why you wouldn't like this. I guess if you really hate greaves. I love that the Zoar/H symbol is getting more exposure.

I see...
    That is what I thought upon first glance....doesn't carry the He-Man vibe to me.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by hopewell View Post
    Hope we get to see a figure of that. Ive always preferred he-man with pants!
    I wondered how long it'd be until we'd get a "figure request" after seeing this.

I like the look! And for the one who referred to it as generic ... **coughs**furryloincloth**coughs**
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

After looking at that picture for several minutes and really taking in the details, I agree with the theory that this is "Battle Armor Adam". Perhaps this is the force field garment Adam wears before he had the power of Grayskull. Perhaps, given the H emblem's connection to Zoar in this version, it is special Zoar-blessed gear.

I like it, it kinda looks like a cross between the vintage battle armor and his traditional energy harness.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!