Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New He-Man costume to debut in issue 4 of the comic (SPOILERS)

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I like the "H" as seen on Thunder Punch, Battle Armor and Flying Fist He-Man.

I like He-Man's blue pants in NA.

I even like He-Man in armor (Battle sound 200x personal favorite!)

So why don't i like this?

I'm not all " FFFFFFFFFF " but I can't even say "Meh" ... I just DISLIKE this!

It doesn't feel like He-Man. Heck it doesn't even feel like Adam
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think ComicBookResources is making fun of the new costume.

Gone are the trademark furry shorts and metal harness the character has worn since toymaker Mattel launched the line of action figures in 1981, replaced by what appears to be Eternia’s version of football gear, complete with honest-to-goodness pants.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...ok-for-he-man/
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

They aren't far off. I had little interest in plunking down money for this title after issue 1, and I have even less now.

I'll be interested to see how this one goes. I'm interested with what I've seen so far, but I want to see more of the look before I fully judge it.

Also, I can't help but wonder if we'll see other characters with new looks. I know MAA had an update to his look in one of the earliest digital comics, but I wouldn't mind seeing him with a new look as well. Hopefully the rest of the Masters have updated looks also. I also think Teela could do with another update to her costume. I don't see why Adam/He-man has this but she's still wearing a version of the fur/metal bikini from the six issue mini.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    And I'm also getting the impression everyone knows Adam's "fabulous secret powers" in this story too. Which I'm totally fine with.
    That is one of the things I do like about this series. However after reading issue 1 I got the impression that Dekkar didn't know. But in the mini series everyone at the meeting at the tavern seemed to know and Randor makes a reference to "My son's plan".

So maybe Dekkar just wondered where Adam was going, but that bit reminded me of the old "I have to run off and change" bit.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    That is one of the things I do like about this series. However after reading issue 1 I got the impression that Dekkar didn't know. But in the mini series everyone at the meeting at the tavern seemed to know and Randor makes a reference to "My son's plan".

So maybe Dekkar just wondered where Adam was going, but that bit reminded me of the old "I have to run off and change" bit.
    Yeah, I had the same impression. Though who knows how far the secret goes now. Maybe it's just the Masters or maybe Dekker as well. It could even be that everyone knows. Adam could have just been going somewhere with space like Teela said and that was all. I guess until the new comic spells it out we won't know for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I think it's absolutely awful. I hope it lasts one issue and then gets buried in the MOTU Hall of Shame with Smash Blade He-Man and Snake Hunter He-Man.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Heroic Warrior
    Lame... I don't like it

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

Ouch! Are they ripping that costume apart! But these seem to be the same fans who don't like the New 52 designs on general principal. Yellow Cross He-Man even has a mandarin collar, like alot of their heroes now sport. It's the 2013 version of the Liefeld shoulderpads, big guns and leg belts.

This costume makes the chainmail loincloth and yellow cross look awesome by comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hopewell View Post
    I agree a Barbarian movie can work very well but if the movie keeps the Prince Adam twist (which it likely will), then a price transforming into a barbarian doesn't make sense for some people. Even when friends see my collection they tend to ask "Why do most of them have clothes, armor, etc and He-man is in a loin cloth?" I answer "Well see he ORIGINALLY was a barbarian toy but then..." And I am left with no logical reason why a prince would become a barbarian. So long story short, pants help it make a bit more sense.
    It's a disguise. No one would confuse a lazy prince with a manly barbarian warrior in a sword and sorcery fantasy world. He-Man at his core is a barbarian. Hell everyone has barbaric roots. That's why so many characters have the barbaric bracers, belts, furry boots and underwear, as well as ancient melee weapons.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    I really like it. Looking forward to reading in more detail how/why this new outfit comes about.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Looks like crap. Nothing more to say.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'm on the fence with that costume. I'd need to see more artwork before really bashing it or coming to like it as I read the issue. Right now it does look like someone got the idea after ceating a CAC from Soul Calibur! I do like the sword and emblem though.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Looks more to me like it's actually ADAM wearing that dress! And in that case, I like it!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I'll give it a chance and see where it goes. It's more the color scheme and those armor plates on the side of the leg that I have issue with. I'm hoping the "knee pads" are actually part of the boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

I'm screaming @ football gear.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Pity I've given up on the comic already and will never see it in action...
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

HE-MAN's look is timeless, and it does not need to be changed. I will never understand why people can't let HE-MAN look like HE-MAN. I don't mind variants being used sporadically, but not as his default look.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull View Post
    HE-MAN's look is timeless, and it does not need to be changed. I will never understand why people can't let HE-MAN look like HE-MAN. I don't mind variants being used sporadically, but not as his default look.
    To be fair, we don't know if this will be his default look from now on. For all we know, this could be a power-up or armor, ala Snake Armor He-Man.

I think some casual people have mixed opinions when it comes to He-Man's barbaric appearance. Some people think he is too 80's and needs updating. They remember him not from Filmation, but YouTube videos mocking him from Filmation footage.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Does anyone have comments on The Power Sword's new colors? I really not much like mixing gold and silver colors. I can't much yet comments on He-Man's new armor until I seen it all sides. Maybe this new Armor is modern Horde Armor in new series. Who knows

The characters personalities seem different enough as it is, now the looks changing too? To me the comic seems barely motu other than in name.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think we need more He-Man variants. If it's just for the comic, then it's fine. But I don't want this new He-Man variant as an action figure.

It is what it is.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Prince Adam in He-Man gear?

It's DC so I'm sure his look will depend a lot on the artist or writer and if enough fans complain they'll change it (like Power Girl). Personally my first instinct is dislike. It looks like Adam wearing Iron Man armor. But who knows, after I see more of it or other artists' interpretations it may start to grow on me.

There's absolutely nothing cohesive about the design--well, really, there is no design, and that's the problem. It's a mish-mosh of too many different things that are just tossed together, not built together.

And I do NOT like their "justification" of it being the armor of his ancestors. He-Man's armor has always looked a bit ancient, and that was good enough for HIM. While his allies and enemies needed to tech up to keep up with the times, he had The Power so his old stuff worked just fine.
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; May 4, 2013 at 01:10pm.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.