Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My mom passed away

My condolences, Scott.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    My condolences to you and your family, Scott. I still have my Mom and Dad, but at 37, I'm terrified of the day when they're taken from me.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

My sympathies sir.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    There's absolutely nothing else to say except you have our sincere condolences and sympathies mate.
    though fortcoming days are going to be tough, i hope you'll have some people supporting enough around you so you can
    slowly & nicely step to another chapter of your life.

Iīm very sorry for your loss i canīt imagine how you must feel now...

If you need a good cry just for yourself, go watch Steel Magnolias, as they say it is the funniest movie that will make you cry!

My thoughts are with you.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Master of New Adventures!
    So very sorry to hear of your loss, Scott. My prayers are going out for your comfort during your time of grieving. I hope you have many, many great memories that will bring you some peace and solace in the days to come.

My condolences to you, I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry to hear this Scott. I'm thinking of you at this difficult time
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Heroic Warrior
    My condolences to you Scott.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Heroic Warrior
    Very sorry for your loss. My condolences.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I'm sad to hear this, Scott. =( My thoughts go out to you and yours.

I hope that you are with friends and family now, in times like these, they are needed.

My condolences. My thoughts and prayers for you and your family for soon relief.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Scott, I am so sorry to hear this and my prayers and good wishes are with you and your family. I lost my grandmother in 2010, and we were close. I don't want to say it gets easier, but it is possible to find peace with it and so is my hope for you.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I'm very sorry for your loss, Scott. May she rest in Heaven and watch over you until the day you are reunited.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Master of New Adventures!
    And on that post from Uncle, I will respectfully suggest, Scott, that when the time is right that you watch the film WHAT DREAMS MAY COME. I'm not a big fan of Robin Williams, but it was surely among his best. While comprised of a dramatic storyline, this film portrays a view of the afterlife that I hope is true. What I do know is that it brought my mother a great deal of solace after the passing of my father, who she was wed to for sixty-five years. I would hope the ending of the film does the same for you. In my best of hopes, I would hope this is what heaven is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    I'm very sorry for your loss, Scott. May she rest in Heaven and watch over you until the day you are reunited.

So sorry to hear this, but I'm sure she's proud of what a great son she raised. I know I told you this once before, but there are only about 10 people whose posts I always read, and you are one of them due to your fairness, wisdom and insight. Good Journey to you and to her.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    Sorry to hear this RIP
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Thanks, everyone; all the well wishes are appreciated. It's hard losing a parent, but I've got really good support here, so I've still got family to take care of me (and family, I'm definitely seeing during this time, isn't just the folks you're related to).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

My sympathies, Scott. Glad to hear you have plenty of support while you're grieving.

Take care...
    Bill :: guitargod694

You have my sympathies and best wishes during this difficult time.

Heroic Warrior
    Oh man that blows, i know what is it like to lose a parent as i lost my father in December 2003.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    This breaks my heart. My deepest sympathies to you at this difficult time.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    And on that post from Uncle, I will respectfully suggest, Scott, that when the time is right that you watch the film WHAT DREAMS MAY COME. I'm not a big fan of Robin Williams, but it was surely among his best. While comprised of a dramatic storyline, this film portrays a view of the afterlife that I hope is true. What I do know is that it brought my mother a great deal of solace after the passing of my father, who she was wed to for sixty-five years. I would hope the ending of the film does the same for you. In my best of hopes, I would hope this is what heaven is about.
    Agreed. It is a very comforting movie.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Man, I'm so sorry... so very, very sorry.

I lost my mom almost a year ago - she died in a sudden scuba diving accident on my parents' 40th anniversary. I had to be the one who was strong for everybody, including dad, so...

It does get better, and it doesn't. I know right now it's overwhelming, but that will pass. You will normalize soon - let it come when it comes, and grieve in the way that you need to. But look to the rest of your family, ESPECIALLY your dad (if he's still alive/around), and see if there's any way you can help him. I guarantee he's going through a lot.

Everybody mourns differently. Some people weep nonstop, some are stoic. Be careful not to get caught in the judgmentalism trap where you criticize others for not griving "right." And vice-versa, when family does it to you (and they WILL), don't hold it against them.

In fact... your family will attack. They will be at one another's throats. horrible things will be said and done. ignore and forgive it. Everybody in your family has undergone a serious, serious wound because of this, and it's only natural to react poorly. Bear with them, and FORGIVE them, and be the best comforter you can. It will pay off. My family got into some hilarious shenanigans (that's worth another thread), but in the end all of our relationships have been patched up just because I still loved and forgave them no matter what. You need your family, and your family needs you. I don't know you at all, but I know this pain, and if there's anything - ANYTHING - I can do to help, let me know!

My condolences and prayers to you and your family.
    "Milk that cow, George, milk it! MOO!!" ~ Optimus-Prime's response to the announcement of 3D versions of the Star Wars films.