Thread: Is Evil-Lyn worth getting?

Heroic Warrior

Is Evil-Lyn worth getting?

I have BG Evil-Lyn but her grey color does not go with the classic look. Since Evil-Lyn will be part of this month's EA, is it worth getting?Also is there any value to BG Evil-Lyn or is it pretty much a thow away right now?

They are both great figures for different reasons.

1.0 is basically perfect. Plus she comes with Screech.

2.0 (battleground) is awesome because of the cape, the extra head, the colors, and well, it's just another version of an amazing character.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Depends on the intent. In the bios and comics, the BG Evil-Lyn is the depowered/default one. When she powers up with Skeletor, she gets yellow-skinned, something she may have done intentionally, like magic make-up if you will.

How do you like Evil-Lyn? It's subjective. BGEL has the awesome helmetless head. Vintage EL has Screeech. For me both are important. For my friends, they prefer BG EL. I prefer the vintage style one. Which matters to you? Neither are throw aways to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

2.0 (battleground) is awesome because of the cape, the extra head, the colors, and well, it's just another version of an amazing character.
    1.0 um no no original tunic and they re-engineered the 200x wand lol.

Very yes to both versions!

I just hope we eventually get a yellow-skinned, helmetless head too, and a blue cape would be keen.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I have BG Evil Lyn and I'm going to try to get the original one during EA too, my plan is to display BGEL with the helmetless head with Keldor and the rest of the royal family and display the original with my Evil Warriors

I have to agree with bcrduke, I think they are both great. I know the "battleground" version isn't what everyone wanted, but I still think she's worth getting. I have the yellow vintage version and two of the battlegrounds displaying both heads.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!

This right here!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Evil-Lyn is always worth getting...especially the FILMATION VERSION THAT IS DIFFERENT ENOUGH TO HAVE A FIGURE!!!! (HINT HINT TOYGURU)
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Evil-Lyn is always worth getting...especially the FILMATION VERSION THAT IS DIFFERENT ENOUGH TO HAVE A FIGURE!!!! (HINT HINT TOYGURU)

Annnnd the Caucasian version with the light blue vintage armor that appeared as a vintage puffy sticker, AND appeared in the most recent mini-comic . Please?!!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Vintage yellow skin is a great figure. BG wasn't my cup of tea.

Heroic Warrior
    Truthfully, the only things that EL 1.0 is good for is Screech and completing a "vintage-look" set up.

Quote Originally Posted by powerofGS View Post
    I have BG Evil-Lyn but her grey color does not go with the classic look. Since Evil-Lyn will be part of this month's EA, is it worth getting?Also is there any value to BG Evil-Lyn or is it pretty much a thow away right now?
    I think you answered your own question. You want her classic look, so you should definitely get her.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Definitely worth getting, a solid figure, seems to have a bit more quality to her than BG E-L
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I say both are great figures. Plus she is really the only female on the Skeletor side of the shelf versus five or so on He-Man's side. Skeletor really needs some more women!
    "Problems Weaver?"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I bought BGEL with the intent on not getting Simpsons-Lyn, but after getting BGEL and having her for a while, she got kind of....I don't know, but I decided to buy the original, because I had her (that version of her) as a kid. And honestly, despite the Jaundice, and not having a cape....I like her a lot, I love the blue on her, the yellow doesn't matter. So, I would say yes, unless you absolutely despise the yellow skin, then yes, she is worth getting, for one....she is the original Vintage Lyn.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofGS View Post
    Is Evil-Lyn worth getting?
    Only if the rewards outweigh the costs.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Depends on the price and your own taste. BG Evil Lyn is 15$ worth for me, but not 30$...

I think she's a fantastic figure...
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    I have the basic Evil Lyn from 2010 and for some reason I think she looks hot. I only got the BG Evil Lyn for someone who already got her and traded her off for MAA. Sense I wanted one to take out of the box.

I love BG Evil Lyn. I've never liked the yellow skin on the vintage figure or the original release.

Evil-Lyn is always worth getting and having.

The original Evil-Lyn looks great along side the rest of the evil warriors. I love BG Evil-Lyn too, but she is not as striking.

I agree, she is an amazing character.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    You might as well get the yellow Lyn too. Add the cape from Battleground Evil-Lyn if you want her with a cape.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Evil-lyn is awesome! If you collect more than 1 version of other characters, then I say buy her too if you can afford it. But if she's the only variant (or would make BG Evil-lyn your only variant) on your shelf, then maybe pass because you might start wanting to buy up all the variants, which would be expensive.