View Poll Results: How Should HAWKE be Developed in MOTUC?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Filmation style. Include Delora's head and extras to create two characters.

30 45.45%
  • 200X. Make her more distinct from MOTUC Stratos. Filmation Delora should be a separate design.

16 24.24%
  • 200X/Filmation Hybrid. Make removable pieces to create both, and add Delora's head.

20 30.30%

Thread: How Should HAWKE be produced in MOTUC?

How Should HAWKE be produced in MOTUC?

I have an ongoing mini-debate about which version of HAWKE should be developed into the MOTUC line. The Filmation version of Hawke was created using the exact same body as Delora. The only difference was their heads. However, the 200X Hawke was a somewhat different take on the character. She had bushy red hair instead of blonde, and her outfit was more like 200X Stratos with the wing attachments, blue skirt (instead of blue belted leotard as in Filmation), and different feet.

DELORA was Stratos' sister in Filmation episodes. Hawke was a one-off character that turned out to be somewhat evil. But in 200X, Hawke was Stratos' sister instead of Delora. To make matters even more confusing, Delora was originally presented as a human wife of Stratos in a comic.

Pros for a Filmation HAWKE:

* The body is the same as Delora. The figure could come with the extra head packed in, and perhaps an accessory or attachment to differentiate the two characters.
    * MOTUC Stratos is well matched to this design.

Pros for 200X HAWKE:

* A more dynamic character design.

Cons for a Filmation HAWKE:

* Unless the figure comes with a removable piece (belt, skirt, etc) it would be identical to Delora.
    * The design is simple and not particularly ornate.

Cons for a 200X HAWKE:

*She would be substantially more ornate than our MOTUC Stratos. He is designed to match the classic toy and close to Filmation's representation.

So, what do you think? Feel free to add pros and cons to the debate!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    What if Delora/Hawke gets "Classicized and she comes with "sock feet" like Stratos?

I think that you might want to re-do this poll before more people vote and add this option, namely this:
    Make Both. Filmation Delora comes with Hawke head and 200X Hawke is her own release.

I think that they should maximize their profits:

Sell a Delora figure with her package and bio. She would come with an alternate Filmation Hawke Head for Filmation fans.

Sell 200X Hawke as her own release, with her package and bio for the 200X fans.

Everybody wins.

The Blonde Teela Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Horde Wraiths • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

I want a Classicized 200x Hawke.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, Lodar, Hunga the Harpy, Sharella & Snake Goddess

FILMATION ruined my He-Man!

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    There's no possible dilemma ;
    she's way more attractive as 200X character to me.
    IMHO, they should start with this more baddass looking
    then possibly taking advantage of an extra "Filmation mini-sub" to
    rethinking what turns out to be , her poorest design.
    Everybody knows how demanded is this semestrial offering,
    a reloading doesn't seem too risky as the popularity of the licence was shown
    so many times.

She should be a female version of the Stratos we already have. Same wings and style if harness. It would look stupid to have her be drastically different IMO.

I want a Ladybird books Delora. There has been a UK comic head for Horde Prime but no Ladybird books inspired design. The Ladybird books were massively popular in the UK and meant far more to me growing up than the Filmation cartoon. I know Filmation always wins polls but proportionately I think there's room in subs for things that don't always win the number one spot. I've supported the subs for several years even though I don't like Filmation and a Ladybird design would be a dream come true for me.

Heroic Warrior
    i want Filmation style, include Delora's head and extras to create two characters. Is the better option!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    She should be a female version of the Stratos we already have. Same wings and style if harness. It would look stupid to have her be drastically different IMO.
    I would like for her species to be the same as Stratos but I don't see why her her pack and wing attachments can't have more of 200x influence. Saying that it would look stupid when haven't even seen it is a bit harsh. I think the 4h could do a great job to Classicize her look.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, Lodar, Hunga the Harpy, Sharella & Snake Goddess

FILMATION ruined my He-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I have an ongoing mini-debate about which version of HAWKE should be developed into the MOTUC line. The Filmation version of Hawke was created using the exact same body as Delora. The only difference was their heads. However, the 200X Hawke was a somewhat different take on the character. She had bushy red hair instead of blonde, and her outfit was more like 200X Stratos with the wing attachments, blue skirt (instead of blue belted leotard as in Filmation), and different feet.

DELORA was Stratos' sister in Filmation episodes. Hawke was a one-off character that turned out to be somewhat evil. But in 200X, Hawke was Stratos' sister instead of Delora. To make matters even more confusing, Delora was originally presented as a human wife of Stratos in a comic.

Pros for a Filmation HAWKE:

* The body is the same as Delora. The figure could come with the extra head packed in, and perhaps an accessory or attachment to differentiate the two characters.
    * MOTUC Stratos is well matched to this design.

Pros for 200X HAWKE:

* A more dynamic character design.

Cons for a Filmation HAWKE:

* Unless the figure comes with a removable piece (belt, skirt, etc) it would be identical to Delora.
    * The design is simple and not particularly ornate.

Cons for a 200X HAWKE:

*She would be substantially more ornate than our MOTUC Stratos. He is designed to match the classic toy and close to Filmation's representation.

So, what do you think? Feel free to add pros and cons to the debate!
    Pictures please.

I wold like Mattel to release both versions, Filmation Delora with alternate Filmation Hawke head & a 200x Hawke. Let's say we are only going to get one female Avion warrior in the line, my preference would lean towards Filmation with 2 heads. This version will definetly pair well with MOTUC Stratos and people can buy two to make Hawke. Looking at how Ceratus looks, he does look too different than Whiplash, based on that comparison, a 200x Hawke would probably look too detailed next to Stratos.

If they make a DC version of Stratos with the red helmet, then that'll compliment a 200x Hawke.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!!

Heroic Warrior Science Friction's Avatar
    I would like to see a 200X Hawke figure, and if they do Filmation it should be a separate release. I'd like to think we could eventually get more 200X A-List variants, hopefully Stratos, making a 200X Hawke even more awesome. Regardless, a 200X Hawke would be great for our hopefully burgeoning 200X collections or even Eternian Councils.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    I would like to see a 200X Hawke figure, and if they do Filmation it should be a separate release. I'd like to think we could eventually get more 200X A-List variants, hopefully Stratos, making a 200X Hawke even more awesome. Regardless, a 200X Hawke would be great for our hopefully burgeoning 200X collections or even Eternian Councils.
    Mattel could make a 200X Stratos solve many of the issues that people had with Classics Stratos...sock feet, can't hold weapons, doesn't come with any weapons, can't fit in with 200X Hawke...

If Mattel wants to re-use many of MOTU's main characters, then Stratos is a character who could use an upgrade.

The Blonde Teela Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Horde Wraiths • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

I like the hybrid idea.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

I voted hybrid primarily because this question has been plaguing me since I considered it years ago.

I prefer a Hawke that is obviously in the Stratos female figure wheelhouse, but I cannot lie and say that 200x version isnt at least a dynamic more unique character. So the very thing about the depiction I like is the very thing I do not like. It's weird.

I could say that since I prefer the 200x Marzo and Evilseed that based on that alone Hawke should get the same treatment and just be 200x. Just a FIlmation Girl Stratos is pretty booring after all.

But all said and done I would want her to match the MOTUC Stratos more than conflict with a 200x specific design. So A hybrid that I cannot eve picture is conceptually the best for me.

As for Delora, I do not care at all. She would have nothing to do with Hawke anyway. If they did make a more Filmation inspired design, sure do both heads, but I do not think I'd have a desire for a Delora.

I think some visual aides might help:

Ahh, that's better.

I think if I was forced to choose one to be Classisized, it would have to be the 200x version. Although a Filmation style Hawke/Delora with swappable heads would be like killing two birds with one stone. And I definitely like the helmet better on the Filmation version. I'm trying to think of what a happy medium would look like between the two designs, but they are pretty far apart.

Well, upon seeing the pics and remembering more what the 200x looked like I definately would want a mix.

I prefer the more obvious Stratos Colours. I think obviously her wings would need to be like Stratos. I like a bit of both. I can see that fans would be right to think both designs are unique enough to be both viable but then do we really expect variants of Hawke fer cryin' out loud? Unlikely in the extreme.

I quick and dirty did an example of how I see this character in MOTUC. The parts of each that I think are valuable in a mix, which is the best idea because we are not getting 2 if we get any. One mix is great.

I think though rough you should see what points were important even if you up the detail or change it or whatever.

hawk.jpg

Specifically the feet should definately not be bare feet but part of the boots. The skin should be the uniform grey except for the face which is a more traditional flesh tone (whichever flesh you prefer, I went with Caucasoid based on FIlmation)

Wings red. The belt is cool. The Helmet being grey is interesting and nice counterpoint to the top body being in a blue bodysuit. Shorter MOTUC Style miniskirt or filmation type "underwear".

Either version is fine with me, though with these changes you should see they are basically the same except for minor details, which in case I prefer the 200x with these changes to the top and helmet primarily. I would be fine with thigh highs instead of the 200x leg thingies, and especially want the wings to match stratos in design and execution based on MOTUC.

But this interpretation is what I would see and like that took all of what hawke is and was and make one MOTUC classicization machine out of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Warrior
    the Filmation Delora / Hawke is best in design, and also is the classic !!
    the Hawke 200X is not classic, AND IS UGLY !!!

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Well, upon seeing the pics and remembering more what the 200x looked like I definately would want a mix.

I prefer the more obvious Stratos Colours. I think obviously her wings would need to be like Stratos. I like a bit of both. I can see that fans would be right to think both designs are unique enough to be both viable but then do we really expect variants of Hawke fer cryin' out loud? Unlikely in the extreme.

I quick and dirty did an example of how I see this character in MOTUC. The parts of each that I think are valuable in a mix, which is the best idea because we are not getting 2 if we get any. One mix is great.

I think though rough you should see what points were important even if you up the detail or change it or whatever.

hawk.jpg

Specifically the feet should definately not be bare feet but part of the boots. The skin should be the uniform grey except for the face which is a more traditional flesh tone (whichever flesh you prefer, I went with Caucasoid based on FIlmation)

Wings red. The belt is cool. The Helmet being grey is interesting and nice counterpoint to the top body being in a blue bodysuit. Shorter MOTUC Style miniskirt or filmation type "underwear".

Either version is fine with me, though with these changes you should see they are basically the same except for minor details, which in case I prefer the 200x with these changes to the top and helmet primarily. I would be fine with thigh highs instead of the 200x leg thingies, and especially want the wings to match stratos in design and execution based on MOTUC.

But this interpretation is what I would see and like that took all of what hawke is and was and make one MOTUC classicization machine out of it.
    I like where you're headed with the design, but still, it kind of doesn't really satisfy either the 200x or Filmation designs. I guess that's OK though as Classics is supposed to be a mish-mosh. Maybe take the Filmation design, and add in some 200x-like detail? Either way, a red helmet is a must for matching Stratos (although I suppose you could say that female warriors have gray helmets).

Also, they obviously wouldn't release variants of Hawke, but maybe a 200x Hawke, and then a Delora with swappable head or hair to create a Filmation Hawke?

I think MGM had a good idea back there with adding a fourth option.

But at least, if the powers that be actually see this discussion, it will help guide further thought on the matter. HAWKE, and to a lesser extent DELORA, are popular characters that many fans seem to be asking for.

My first love is Filmation Delora. I remember her episodes from my youth, and she is well matched to our MOTUC Stratos. However, the 200X HAWKE is very spectacular in terms of an upgrade. It would be a shame to not get a 200X HAWKE, but I feel I'd need an upgraded STRATOS as well. Perhaps SKY STRIKE STRATOS?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    I like where you're headed with the design, but still, it kind of doesn't really satisfy either the 200x or Filmation designs. I guess that's OK though as Classics is supposed to be a mish-mosh. Maybe take the Filmation design, and add in some 200x-like detail? Either way, a red helmet is a must for matching Stratos (although I suppose you could say that female warriors have gray helmets).

Also, they obviously wouldn't release variants of Hawke, but maybe a 200x Hawke, and then a Delora with swappable head or hair to create a Filmation Hawke?
    No it wouldnt satisfy pureists but then again when does MOTUC ever? I think it is a more extream mix than many others, but I think based on Filmation interpritations of the ladies (vs toy) it would fly for reasonable fans. This is certainly what I'd like.

I thought about red helmet myself and really whatever they went with I'd go for. I just thought a nice fairly even mix is the best option, but clearly it could sway one way or the other.

Neither ever filled me with pride because neither looked enough like they fit with stratos to me. A classicized 200x would probably fit better, and I hope we get a chance to see something the Horsemen created for her. At the end of the day I trust their opinions and choices.

I just think they need to be monkeybirds and Stratos is a hard act to follow.

Filmation Hawke with Filmation Delora head.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I really want the 200x style for Hawke.
    Filmation should be left for Delora

but the 1st option is not bad idea
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Release MYP Hawke.

Then release Filmation Delora with a Filmation Hawke head. Simple.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

I would like her filmation style with boots on.