View Poll Results: Would you be willing to PAY to have a new mini-comic with every figure?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would be willing to pay an extra $2 per figure.

20 25.32%
  • Not sure. I'm very concerned about whether Mattel would be able to deliver a good comic.

12 15.19%
  • No, not $2, but I would be willing to pay an extra $1.

6 7.59%
  • I would be willing to pay MORE than $2 for new mini-comics included with every figure.

8 10.13%
  • No, I do not want to pay extra for new mini-comics.

33 41.77%
  • I don't want new mini-comics, even if there were free.

7 8.86%
  • Other, please explain in the notes.

3 3.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Would you be willing to PAY to have a new mini-comic with every figure?

Would you be willing to PAY to have a new mini-comic with every figure?

I understand that some time ago they had a poll giving us the choice to either have comics with every figure or accessories like extra heads and such. But I wonder if the possibility of having BOTH was ever explored if we paid a fair amount to cover it?

An extra charge of $2 per figure could absolutely cover the costs of having a full-length comic included with every figure, ideally focusing on that character. Even if Mattel cheaped out and gave us 15 pages, I think that would be great.

Of course, quality is a concern and I would only be interested in comics if the writing was good. Let's assume they did hire some real writers and do a decent job. Would it be worth it to you?

A. Yes, I would be willing to pay an extra $2 per figure if they each included a new mini-comic focusing on that character.

B. Not sure. I'm very concerned about whether Mattel would be able to deliver a good comic.

C. No, not $2, but I would be willing to pay an extra $1.

D. I would be willing to pay MORE than $2 for new mini-comics included with every figure.

E. No, I do not want to pay extra for new mini-comics.

F. I don't want new mini-comics, even if there were free.

G. Other, please explain in the notes.
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

3 Club Eternia, 3 Club 200X, 2 Collectors' Choice. 1 Beast Man. 1 Camo Khan. 1 Granymyr

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

The minis are a cool perk..but no..I wouldn't want to pay for them.
    The revolution will not give your mouth sex appeal
    The revolution will not get rid of the nubs
    The revolution will not make you look five pounds thinner
    Because the revolution will not be televised, Brother

The minis thus far have been pretty crap (art aside), so no. Absolutely would not pay a penny more to have future ones made. Besides, the DC Comics are alive & well, come out on a monthly basis and feature a far better, far-reaching story that's encompassing elements from almost every era of MOTU & PoP. So I, personally, have no need for mini-comics like the ones we've been getting.
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Only if they hired a professional comic book writer to write.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Nope, I'm not paying for mini-comics.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

After this last mini comic ??????? Too soon...
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    I'm actually torn with this one .
    I like the concept but it'd have to get back
    to basics to seduce fans like me.
    Which means dedicated stories per character.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    The minis thus far have been pretty crap (art aside), so no. Absolutely would not pay a penny more to have future ones made. Besides, the DC Comics are alive & well, come out on a monthly basis and feature a far better, far-reaching story that's encompassing elements from almost every era of MOTU & PoP. So I, personally, have no need for mini-comics like the ones we've been getting.
    I agree with this. As long as Mattel can guarantee that it will be constantly present a MOTU comic book, in the comic book shops, for the years to come, like the DC one, (in the same way that Hasbro did with Transformers and GI JOE, and for this reason they have never been forgotten or being out of existance), i will be content. The mini comics could work for the introduction of new characters and for little individual stories. But for the larger and more epic MOTU story, Mattel better let the narrative for a proper comic book or novel, and to an actual writer.
    Last edited by granamyr80; March 20, 2015 at 05:52pm.

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    If they can persuade Donald Glut or Gary Cohn to write them, and get zombie Alcala or Texeira to draw it, sure.
    Motu short short stories.

Motu Mini-comic

Public service announcement: Use of the term muppet head to describe any vintage head is not an insult, because muppets are awesome, and you're wrong. We now return you to your regularly scheduled something something.

I don't care much for the mini-comics and I'd prefer if they were digital.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

It took me a little while to decide how to vote in my own poll. But I ended up voting A and B ( It is multiple choice.)

I would be willing to pay $2, but I am deeply concerned about Matty's ability to create comics worth my money. They would have to be good to make it worthwhile.
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

3 Club Eternia, 3 Club 200X, 2 Collectors' Choice. 1 Beast Man. 1 Camo Khan. 1 Granymyr

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

The mini comics are one of my favorite parts of the line, and I'd love to see more!

Heroic Warrior
    These figures are already expensive enough without unnecessarily raising the prices to add a comic

Heroic Warrior Science Friction's Avatar
    I voted other. I would rather pay to get more accessories and head pack ins than mini-comics. With more of that I can recreate or invision my own stories..

I voted for "not sure" and also "no, don't want to pay extra", torn between the two. This year we are getting 3 new mini comics from an 8 part series without having to pay extra. The storyline that Scott created I dislike and I would be wary of any new "writers" on board for future mini comics, especially if I had to pay for it.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!!

Heroic Warrior
    This is something that should of been done since the giddy up, to late in the game now to add a mini comic.

I voted yes because it's meaningless. Sure I'd pay more for a comic, I love the minis. I do not think any amount is really based on much or there is alot of reason to this idea of specifically 2 buck per. I think realistically the question is would I want more minis and yes I would. Technically I'd love more than we get, but honestly the ammount we are getting is fine to so I dont really care if they dont have one a figure.

Really if there were more I would be glad if they were good (I like them all so far) and indifferent if they were bad. I still wouldnt mind paying more for bad ones because it's still MOTU and MOTUC which I love having as a collector.

I am just fine how things are however and I dont see this being a realistic thing to contemplate anyway.

I vote against new mini comic with figure because if there is to be comic, they should be made available in comic shops and the like.

Packing a comic with the figures only make the story available to well to do collector who can afford everything at what ever cost. Why make a comic for such a niche market, when that same comic can be release separately from a figure to make additional profits off? Stories told about the toys/character are marketing tools. Why seal that tool away for the masses as a reward to those who don't intensive to collect the figures?

Plenty of people are MOTU/POP fan that just can't afford or justify the Mattel subscription model. That is why some of use are cherry pickers. But they can spare a few dollars a month for a comic or a graphic novel. Those stories have the potential to reach new fans, as well as rekindle MOTU collector passions in old fans.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    This point it dont matter as much. I just want to be sure our favorite figure make it into the line at a reasonable cost.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

No, because i don't care about the comics.
    Recent.... Spirit of Grayskull
    Coming....
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Jitsu, Perfuma, Masque, Crita & Vultak
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor & the new Filmation line.

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar
    Free mini-comics would be an awesome free throw back, and I would support their free inclusion, if they were free.
    Bugul Noz: The Glorious Hunter Not that creativity is actually valued here.

Heroic Warrior
    Nope. I have no interest in new mini-comics. The latest offerings have left me completely unimpressed.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE