View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About Bow?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Love Bow!

    48 38.71%
  • I Like Bow Because He Was A Part Of The POP Toyline!

    6 4.84%
  • I Like Bow Because He Was A Part Of The POP Cartoon!

    24 19.35%
  • I Like Bow Because Of How He Looks!

    17 13.71%
  • I Like Bow Because Of What He "Represents"!

    5 4.03%
  • I'm Indifferent To Bow!

    13 10.48%
  • I Dislike Bow Because Of What He "Represents"!

    3 2.42%
  • I Dislike Bow Because Of How He Looks!

    2 1.61%
  • I Dislike Bow Because He Was A Part Of The POP Cartoon!

    0 0%
  • I Dislike Bow Because He Was A Part Of The POP Toyline!

    0 0%
  • I Hate Bow!

    6 4.84%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: How Do You Feel About Bow?

  1. #1
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,530

    How Do You Feel About Bow?

    I'm often surprised about the amount of disdain some have for Bow. I'm shocked even more for some of the reasons. Personally I love the character. Not because he was part of the POP toyline(I never had him as a kid). Not because he was a major Filmation character(believe it or not, there are some Filmation characters I don't love). Not because I feel he's representative of a lady loving stud or a proud gay man(I'm not one who tries to read into fiction any more than is offered up by its creators). I've just always thought he was a likable character with a cool look on a cartoon I happened to really like. I've also always been a sucker for archers in stories(Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Robin Hood).

    How Do You Feel About Bow?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  2. #2
    Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Planet Eronia
    Posts
    18,036
    I went with "I like Bow because he was in the POP cartoon". This was the reason I got a Bow figure as a kid even though I was kinda disappointed in it. This MOTUC version is just what the doctor ordered though! Mustache included. I also like that he is an archer and associated with playing cards and the 4 suits as well.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

  3. #3
    Elder Councilman
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Sandusky, OH
    Posts
    3,920
    I went with the disapproval over what he "represents".

    To be fair, I have nothing against that life-style in any way.

    My problem with him is how incredibly flamboyant he is, and I found him overly annoying in the POP series as well; not even the vocal talents of George Dicenzo could make me take Bow seriously.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

  4. #4
    Awesome Warrior Alexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The big 'ol mitten
    Posts
    6,498
    So far it looks like i'm the only one who chose "because he was in the toyline." I chose that one because I had his figure, though I had no idea who the heck he was back then. I obtained him from a friend telling me he was an alternate Prince Adam (he also threw on a bunch of other complete lies, like he came with a black power sword that was actually sharp and that the heart beating action was because he was nervous around Teela).

    I didn't find out who he was until I found He-Man.org years ago. Even if my memories of him were using him however I wanted, he's still nostalgic and I'm glad to have him as a figure. Because of my toyline ties to him, I'm gona be ignoring his goofy moustache head. Though, since mine didn't have any accessories, I kinda wish I could remove the cape without getting rid of the armor.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

    Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

  5. #5
    Elder Councilman
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Sandusky, OH
    Posts
    3,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    So far it looks like i'm the only one who chose "because he was in the toyline." I chose that one because I had his figure, though I had no idea who the heck he was back then. I obtained him from a friend telling me he was an alternate Prince Adam (he also threw on a bunch of other complete lies, like he came with a black power sword that was actually sharp and that the heart beating action was because he was nervous around Teela).

    I didn't find out who he was until I found He-Man.org years ago. Even if my memories of him were using him however I wanted, he's still nostalgic and I'm glad to have him as a figure. Because of my toyline ties to him, I'm gona be ignoring his goofy moustache head. Though, since mine didn't have any accessories, I kinda wish I could remove the cape without getting rid of the armor.
    all the people I knew as a kid lied about the toys they owned, and what came out, who was coming out, and all that.

    Yeah, now they have no argument cause I know what comes out.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior vadersfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,784
    I went with I love bow cause he was 1 of my favorite characters in the series.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

  7. #7
    Why not? j-bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in a flat, flat place
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    So far it looks like i'm the only one who chose "because he was in the toyline."
    Not anymore!

    I liked the vintage Bow figure, and I'm totally going to display my MotUC figure without the moustache.

    Huh, I'm displaying Man-at-Arms without his moustache too ...

  8. #8
    Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sweden, Northern part
    Posts
    5,838
    J-bird: You 'stasch-discriminator, you...! :skrazz: Ask Andy Mangels... don't you know the mustache makes the man?? :helol: Why, I'm sporting one now! Flanked by a wholesome goatee.

    Oh, and I luv' Bow. He's cool.

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior CaptofGuard26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    146
    I voted "for what he represents" because to me, that means the only male in a female-oriented line that is tied closely to Masters of the Universe. I happen to really like the character, and think that under the new MOTUC canon, he has a lot of potential that was never realized in the She-Ra cartoon. I don't think, under any circumstances, he represents any "alternative' lifestyle, like some people may insinuate. Taking into consideration that the cartoon was targeted to little girls, it only makes sense that the primary male character would be slightly emasculated so as to be relatable. But that doesn't mean he represents anything other than a male character in a fantasy world filled primarily with female characters.

  10. #10
    Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    426
    My main interest in Bow stems from the Filmation cartoon. I'll be getting the figure in Feb, because I plan on getting ALL future releases in order to support the MOTUC line. He wasn't ever exactly a favourite of mine, but I like the character all the same.

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris
    Posts
    1,193
    I like archers, so I think he's pretty cool. I just wish he also came with a pistol crossbow and a short sword.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

  12. #12
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    20,107
    I like Bow. Archers, swashbucklers, bards and rogues are cool and Bow is all four rolled into one.

    To me, he's like Fandral the Dashing, only he fires a bow as his main weapon.

    The Blonde Teela Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn Thread

    Sagitar (Jetlag) Horde Wraiths Azdar Belzar Chazdar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Teenage Prince Adam 200X Teenage Teela 200X Sorceress General Rattlor (MYP) 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena Ice Armor He-Man WMD Roboto

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior H.A.L.9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fabtabulous Massland
    Posts
    1,171
    normally id be hating on bow....never been a fan of POP....but the figure looks SOOO good i gotta git him!
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a DARKSIDE.

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    2,787
    I chose how he looks.

    The classic version really changed my opinion of him.

  15. #15
    Elder Councilman
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Sandusky, OH
    Posts
    3,920
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptofGuard26 View Post
    I voted "for what he represents" because to me, that means the only male in a female-oriented line that is tied closely to Masters of the Universe. I happen to really like the character, and think that under the new MOTUC canon, he has a lot of potential that was never realized in the She-Ra cartoon. I don't think, under any circumstances, he represents any "alternative' lifestyle, like some people may insinuate. Taking into consideration that the cartoon was targeted to little girls, it only makes sense that the primary male character would be slightly emasculated so as to be relatable. But that doesn't mean he represents anything other than a male character in a fantasy world filled primarily with female characters.
    I might agree with you if Sea Hawk acted the same way; he didn't.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

  16. #16
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,850
    I love Bow. He's MOTU's Errol Flynn, its Lando Calrissian. He's a minstrel, an archer, a gambler (reading into the playing card suits, perhaps), and a Ladies' Man. He rocks. Plus, the 'stache is killer. He's like Burt Reynolds. (MAA being Tm Selleck.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

  17. #17
    KARG for 2016! synthalus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    2,085
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I like Bow. Archers, swashbucklers, bards and rogues are cool and Bow is all four rolled into one.

    To me, he's like Fandral the Dashing, only he fires a bow as his main weapon.
    This!
    Archers are very cool!
    I also liked playing the class Archer/Bard in iRO. You had to jobchange in Lutie, the town where it's always Christmas with the snowman Snowiesnow around the toyfactory. Might sound cheesy but it was pretty cool.
    And also because I had the Bow action figure when I was a kid.
    That definably makes him a true must for me as well.
    He's definably one of those special feeling with "wow" factor figures to me like I have with Buzz-Off as well.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: (Rotar), Songster "Kevin Corrigan", Kittrina, Illumina, (Peekablue), (Perfuma), Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, (Saurod), (Twistoid), KARG, Evil Seed 200X, Lord Masque, Hunga the Harpy, Lodar, Mask of Power Demons, (Dragstor), Vultak, Calix, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

  18. #18
    Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,050
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    I went with the disapproval over what he "represents".

    To be fair, I have nothing against that life-style in any way.

    My problem with him is how incredibly flamboyant he is, and I found him overly annoying in the POP series as well; not even the vocal talents of George Dicenzo could make me take Bow seriously.
    You seem to be contradicting yourself in a single post. First you disapprove of what he represents then you say you have nothing against that life-style. then you go back to saying you have a problem with flamboyant men? I'm using your exact words here. Don't you see how you obviously have something against that life-style??? And it's ok, you're entitled to say whatever you want to say, I just wouldn't state that I have nothing against that lifestyle, but that's just me.
    Top wants: 3 main Twiggets, Red Knight, Granita, Hunga the Harpy, Dylamug, Vultak, Enchantress, Kothos, General Tataran, Evil Seed (Filmation), Masque, Sybiline (pack-in Gorgon), Melaktha, Despara, toy Catra, Master Sebrian, Andros, Sorceress NA comic, Kex Queen, Lodar, Green trap Jaw, Pink tri-Klops, pale monkey feet Stratos, Orange Ram man, Pale Man e Faces

  19. #19
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,530
    Personally, I don't care since I'm a huge fan of Bow no matter what, but I'm sure those people who feel Bow isn't "tough enough" for MOTUC will really love his packaging with the big ass "Princess Of Power" sticker on it...

    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; December 10, 2010 at 07:25pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  20. #20
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I love Bow. He's MOTU's Errol Flynn, its Lando Calrissian. He's a minstrel, an archer, a gambler (reading into the playing card suits, perhaps), and a Ladies' Man. He rocks. Plus, the 'stache is killer. He's like Burt Reynolds. (MAA being Tm Selleck.)
    This pretty much sums it up for me.

    Bow + The Horde are the excuses I used as to why I was watching a 'Girls" cartoon

    Plus that figure looks so cool MOC. But I will be displaying mine with the filmation head.

  21. #21
    Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    www.smashbros.com
    Posts
    1,680
    I love Bow, no matter who he is or what he does, he's awesome in my book.
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, Nocturna, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, Red Knight, Vultak, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

  22. #22
    Greg at your service AnnnaMot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Posts
    3,682
    i Love Kyle i mean Bow he lookes Fantastic

  23. #23
    Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,050
    Mustache and heart for me but I have to say, the elf head is growing on me.
    Top wants: 3 main Twiggets, Red Knight, Granita, Hunga the Harpy, Dylamug, Vultak, Enchantress, Kothos, General Tataran, Evil Seed (Filmation), Masque, Sybiline (pack-in Gorgon), Melaktha, Despara, toy Catra, Master Sebrian, Andros, Sorceress NA comic, Kex Queen, Lodar, Green trap Jaw, Pink tri-Klops, pale monkey feet Stratos, Orange Ram man, Pale Man e Faces

  24. #24
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,960
    they did a great job! They done him justice.

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    By the side of the Sorceress
    Posts
    4,130


    I haven't been paying any attention to the new toys, but that Bow figure is AWESOME, and I want it!!!

    Anyway, I like Bow because he's part of the Filmation/pop canon, but I was never that crazy about his look. Even as a kid, I used to think he should have had a diamond or simple circle on his chest; the heart just wasn't cool.

    I feel he's one of those characters that would have really been improved in the 200X canon, and this toy is proving me right.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •