• Yes

51 69.86%
  • No

22 30.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guest appearances in motuc's

Heroic Warrior

Guest appearances in motuc's

Ok so in a resent q&a with Mattel they mentioned it could be possible to do a guest appearance slot in motuc, Black star springs to mind , as do numurus knock off figure lines ,

What say you people?

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not sure that I "need" a lot of extracurricular figures guest-starring in Masters Classics, but a few notables might not be too horrible. [^)

Blackstar is a good choice for inclusion in MoTUC, owing to his sneak cameo in a FILMation He-Man episode!

Marshall BraveStarr would not be out of place in a line that also includes Rio Blast. And I can just envision a team-up between Skeletor (or Hordak?) with that psycho Tex Hex!!

I'd personally be SUPER-psyched for Adam Power and Arkus (and maybe Shaya?) from Revell's "Power Lords" to be released in scale to MoTUC. My sister's Power Lords figures were ALWAYS crossing over into He-Man's adventures at my house back in the day. [^D

Galoob's "Golden Girl" is so much like She-Ra, it's uncanny! G.G.'s band of "Guardians of The Gemstones" are fierce and beautiful female warriors, and her conglomeration of adversaries (Dragon Queen! Wild One! Vultura! Ogra! Moth Lady?) are every bit as formidable.

While much (all?) of the supporting cast of Olmec's Sun-Man line are a bit far-fetched (even for He-Man?!!), Sun-Man himself is a great-looking, pretty iconic hero. Instead of Pig-Head (???), a guest-star cameo from Butterfly Woman (Sun-Man's She-Ra) would be very cool.

...It's easy to get carried away when deciding to shoe-horn entire other Toy Lines into the Toy Line You love. :^)

Mattel has its very own "Universe" of pre-existing properties that would be ripe for "Come out of retirement, You're getting a He-Man figure!" treatment. Characters from Major Matt Mason, Big Jim/P.A.C.K., Pulsar/Hypnos, Wheeled Warriors, Mad Scientist, Captain Power, Computer Warriors (?), Max Steel, even The Guardian Goddesses would all be mind-blowing inclusions. The Trick is to NOT get carried away, as I so obviously have. [^D

Maybe just a "Mini-Sub" of 6 or so high-profile choices..?
    Last edited by Snake_Man; May 22, 2015 at 05:46am.

Bravestarr for my money!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Them remco figures that Woolworth and a&p sold. The warlord figures. I want them bad. A small sub would be perfect since it wasn't a gigantic line.. blackstar would be cool as a second choice, but my first is Hercules and warlord and the like.

How about some Micronauts, Baron Karza, Membros, Lobros etc

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Depends on the characters, but I would be interested in a Blackstar or Overlord MOTUC figure. I believe they would fit in the toyline without too much effort.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

No. This is MOTU Classics not Bravestarr Classics.

If they wanted to do other figures from the toy lines they own, just make it a new toy line...Mattel Classics or something like that.

I would love to welcome to the line:

Blackstar and Overlord

Moon Mystic and SunSpell from Mattel's Guardian Goddesses
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post

If they wanted to do other figures from the toy lines they own, just make it a new toy line...Mattel Classics or something like that.
    This! Or as out of sub offerings.

Heroic Warrior
    Would like thunder cats too

I think it'd be neat, if done sparingly. Matt Mason was part of Marlena's Project Photog team anyhow, remember?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

I hate this idea. Dilutes the universe too much to start sticking in Thundercats and G.I Joe or whatever.

Heroic Warrior
    Well, g.i. Joe would be stupid. I'm thinking of lines that share similarities and could work. Besides I'm also thinking king a small sub. But that would only work if said line had fans and would buy it.
    Last edited by unclassified; May 23, 2015 at 07:38am.

Heroic Warrior
    If anything I would keep the appearances between the different Filmation series.Masters,She-Ra,Blackstar and Bravestarr.
    Last edited by cryanmchsi; May 23, 2015 at 07:47am.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I feel it depends what it is. Stuff that would fit. Pretty much the Masters of the Universe knock-offs and wannabes.

-Sun-Man and the Rulers of the Sun by Olmec
    -Galaxy Warriors by Sungold
    -Galaxy Heroes/Galaxy Fighters by Sewco
    -Blackstar by Galoob for the Filmation inclusion.
    -Bravestarr by Mattel would make sense because of the Rio-Blast connection/similarity.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    It would have to be a toy property that Matty already owns the rights to.
    Street Sharks?

Or, come full circle and start doing Big Jim Classics.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Blackstar should be a foregone conclusion. Warlord is a definate must to battle Blackstar. Did Mattel not make the original toys anyway? Anything else is gravy but Blackstar property is the best fit.

That being said I would not mind seeing the knock offs that people custom themeselves all the time. Remco stuff, whoever made those things. Kinda cool.

As for official properties personally the Crystar & Moltar duo would fit great and I personally would love to see them (and many others) in classics style. Also Remco I think so there could be a deal in here somewhere?

I know there seems to be alot of Bravestarr but personally I have no interest in this. As it has been said there are pretty good indicators it could fit and I agree with them, but I personally do not want any of that.

Really we need that John Blackstar & Warlord two pack, and show that planet Sagar is either Eternia even before (or after) what we know of it, or in the same universe. Show that Blackstar was a compatriot of Marlena and that perhaps he even got lost looking for her, or she for him. It's tailor made to be one and the best "sneak in" because of the filmation connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Depends on the characters, but I would be interested in a Blackstar or Overlord MOTUC figure. I believe they would fit in the toyline without too much effort.
    I can accept only Blackstar and the Overlord and the powerful trio: Thundarr, Ariel, and Ookla
    Maybe I can also accept the inclusion of Vipra from Blackstar!!!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    I can accept only Blackstar and the Overlord and the powerful trio: Thundarr, Ariel, and Ookla
    Maybe I can also accept the inclusion of Vipra from Blackstar!!!
    I would also welcom Thundarr though I hold back to include Ariel and Ookla but if we were getting greedy just like how I'd add Klone & Mara to Blackstar I'd add these two to Thundarr as well.

I am interested in knowing what if any Mattel actually made, since in my memory Blackstar was a Mattel toy and a Filmation toon, so it's just ready made to have some kind of loophole to get in if they wanted to pursue it. Heck, maybe even already a part of their ability to make via deal with those that allowed them access to filmation characters or even still theirs since they made the toys.

Everything else people bring up though cool seems like it would be useful to know if they were Mattel or filmation properties, like Bravestar was Filmation.

Galoob made Blackstar.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Blackstar, Mara, Klone, Overlord and Vizier, along Bravestar, would be nice additions to the Classics Universe.
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Dylamug, Skytree and Songster.

BLACKSTAR please. Please? PLEASE!!!?

Seriously....BLACKSTAR stuff would fit in seamlessly with MOTU stuff. It would be a wonderful addition.

And I wouldn't turn away a BRAVESTARR figure, either.
    Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post

100% agree.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I wouldn't be opposed to a few guest star figures. Nothing in the sub, though.

John Blackstar has been long tied to Marlena Glenn, a statue of him showed up in an episode and He-Man even rode Warlock (not really Warlock, but you get the point). Bravestarr has been linked to Rio Blast and He-Man is said to be his inspiration. Superman encountered He-Man three times. I'd throw in Wonder Woman for the whole WW vs She-Ra (what we see on the net) or Teela (what happened in the comics).

I'd draw the line at anyone but the hero though. Now if the figure was wildly successful, then Mattel should make a 4 to 6 figure sub-line of more characters from that hero's universe. If Superman and WW sold, then make Green Lantern and Flash. If Bravestarr did well, we might see Tex Hex, Sandstorm, Vypra, Thunderstick, Judge JB and Thirty-Thirty in a sub. The same with Blackstar.

I don't think ANY property should be used. Only one with links to MOTU.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto