Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

21 35.00%
  • no

39 65.00%

Thread: He-Ro: Son of He-Man

He-Ro: Son of He-Man

Would you guys subscribe to a He-Ro: Son of He-Man mini-sub?
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Widget
    I am not sure what to think of a He-Ro sub, but I know regardless that I would be all in for it, just like everything else!

No. Because it's not really He-Man or MOTU. It's a failed pitch that went nowhere and now Scott is using as a vehicle for his writing. I'm totally against this.

After every wanted character from legitimate cannon in MOTU, PoP, NA, MYP, Filmation, Jetlag, Mini-Comics, vintage comics, vintage international, Golden Books, Ladybird, and the '87 movie get made, then Scott can experiment with his new creations.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; May 6, 2013 at 02:26am.

Heroic Warrior
    Sure. I buy almost everything else. And I actually want Kay-La and "Man-E-Faces".

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    After every wanted character from legitimate cannon in MOTU, PoP, NA, MYP, Filmation, Jetlag, Mini-Comics, vintage comics, vintage international, Golden Books, Ladybird, and the '87 movie get made, then Scott can experiment with his new creations.
    Lol. I feel the same in a sense. But as long as TG ain't designing the characters, I'm game. As long as the toys are cool, it doesn't matter what the official canon is. I flex my own imagination with these things.

I'd get it if it were offered, though I'm really only interested in He-Ro II and "Son of Skeletor".
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I actually don't want more mini subs. Any subscriber wants everything that the line may offer. I'd stick with 1 figure per month plus 4 quarterly as the good old days back in 2009/2010.
    Having the expense of $50/75 plus shipping monthly is like boating on tar to have a complete collection
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Hell yea......
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

nope, no more subbing for me.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Nope, sorry.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'm going to say no...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I voted no, but I'd really have to see what would be offered in such a sub.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    No. Because it's not really He-Man or MOTU. It's a failed pitch that went nowhere...
    ...And the designs are terrible.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Not as a mini-sub, unless there was no other mini-sub at the sane time. (I wish there'd been a "maybe" option...)

I'm quite gung-ho on getting more SOHM characters. I really need Dare, He-Ro 2, Queen Teela, Son of Skeletor/Skeleteen, Kay-La, and I'd love the SOHM version of MEF. Some of teh other characters in the Filmation pitch would be cool, too.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Honestly, I have no connection or interest in the He-Ro: Son of He-Man characters/figures or sub line. I would need to see them have some sort of media for me to decide if I liked them and the figures would need to be awesome. Never say never, but I doubt it.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I voted no, but I'd really have to see what would be offered in such a sub.
    Same here.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Yup, I'm a putz and they've got me pretty much on whatever they produce for this line, including old rejected concepts.

And I know that sounded sarcastic, but it's not.

Heroic Warrior
    Hahaha! No chance!

I voted no because I don't really want it to happen. However, I'm sure I probably would buy it if it was offered. I really don't think this would prove popular enough to happen, though.

Heroic Warrior
    I would love to see the story expanded forward and have new characters introduced. However, I am hesitant that a Son of He-Man mini-sub would be the best way to do this. I think we need a good story that naturally introduces and develops characters over time. Create a solid story for SOHM and let us WANT the characters before trying to sell us figures.

And for the love of all that is good, write better names than Skeleteen. Seriously. I accept that he was called that, but old names do not equal good names.

I can't afford any SUBS.

That said, I would really like a HE-RO and a KAYLA before all is said and done.
    Heroic Stone Mason of Castle Grayskull!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'd be so thrilled to have many new characters. I like a lot of the concept characters foe SOH
    like Slob-Bor, Missle-Toe, Kay-La & many others that would be all new.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

of course I would. I am not only very excited about the idea of the MOTU universe moving ahead, but an avid MOTU fan and collector. So what would I not like about the idea of this?

Depends entirely on the designs. If it looks like Spector or even the original He-Ro, no. If it looks more like classic MOTU designs, maybe
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread