Thread: Meet He-Man at Toys 'R' Us Events

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar

Meet He-Man at Toys 'R' Us Events

I was going through some old photographs, and I found a couple of pictures from a meet He-Man event at Toys 'R' Us in 1986.

Unfortunately, I could not find the picture of King Hiss with his chest plate open, revealing the three snakes inside with flashing eyes.

Did you attend a meet He-Man event at Toys 'R' Us? Feel free to share your memories and photos below.

Wow, those photos are awesome. I've nothing to post, 'cause I never attended one of these events.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Podcaster
    That He-mask looks like an elderly woman!

I love that He-Man is wearing his, what is that, Flying Fist armor? And King Hiss has the power sword! Fight!

Terrific pics! I do wish they were standing in front of the MOTU display though. Speaking of that...

I remember Skeletor at a TRU when I was a kid. He was in the MOTU aisle and handing kids the figures they wanted. I remember pointing up over his head and asking some something, can't remember exactly, maybe MEF or something, so he reaches up, grabs it, and hands it over. The mask was made to look sort of friendly actually, guess they didn't want old skullhead scaring off customers!

I thought it was so cool that I was buying toys from Skeletor! I remembering wondering if he made them at Snake Mountain the way Santa makes toys at the North Pole.

I was a weird kid.
    QUEEN ANGELLA! - BLAST ATTAK! - Buzzsaw Hordak - Dragstor - Flying Fists He-Man
    Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - MULTI-BOT! - NINJOR! - Peekablue
    Perfuma - Rotar - Saurod - SSSQUEEZE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Twistoid

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    That He-mask looks like an elderly woman!

I love that He-Man is wearing his, what is that, Flying Fist armor? And King Hiss has the power sword! Fight!

Terrific pics! I do wish they were standing in front of the MOTU display though. Speaking of that...

I remember Skeletor at a TRU when I was a kid. He was in the MOTU aisle and handing kids the figures they wanted. I remember pointing up over his head and asking some something, can't remember exactly, maybe MEF or something, so he reaches up, grabs it, and hands it over. The mask was made to look sort of friendly actually, guess they didn't want old skullhead scaring off customers!

I thought it was so cool that I was buying toys from Skeletor! I remembering wondering if he made them at Snake Mountain the way Santa makes toys at the North Pole.

I was a weird kid.
    Great post. Ive never seen the Hiss costume or the FF He-Man, those are some really cool pics. Unfortunately I never got to see any costumed characters in stores as a kid. That would have been so cool!

My parents took me to one of these TRU events back in the day. I have pictures with He-Man, Skeletor & Orko. I've got them somewhere. I'll find them one day and post them.