View Poll Results: How do you feel about the surprise figure?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes, this is an awesome surprise! Thanks Matty!

77 65.25%
  • Just not cool, not coll at all...

41 34.75%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spirit of Hordak Secret Figure, Good or Bad?

Spirit of Hordak Secret Figure, Good or Bad?

Title says it all. Are you loving this surprise style of introducing a new figure?

Heroic Warrior
    Loved it. Would like to have seen an email to subscribers letting them know about it first, but still loved it. It's great to be completely surprised by a new figure the way it use to be when you went to stores.

I think responses to things like this are often governed by emotion. I don't think a lot of people are going to truly answer as to whether they think this is good or bad but answer as to whether or not they were able to get one and therefore whether they are excited or upset.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lentzquest View Post
    Title says it all. Are you loving this surprise style of introducing a new figure?
    OK, I responded to this question. First I thought it was a poll on how well the figure was liked. He's a cool figure.

While I like the figure, I don't like the implementation of "right place, right time" sales windows.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Stunts like this make me wonder if they should cancel the line right now, refund all subs, and let the He-Man brand die off.

I dont even know what you guys are talking about.

Edit::

Ok, found out. Yeah, this was a cool idea. Overreaction and expressing one's obsession negatively is evidently just a part of forums like always, though less so on this forum, luckily.

But it's still raging and unhealthy. Impatience and Entitlement rule the day.

But though I missed it, and probably would not have bought it had I been able, after reading the bio, I think I could get one after all. It's Not exactly a must have.

But that's what made it a great supprise.

Sure, I miss out on stuff and I feel dissapointed, but it is always cool when there are extra unknown supprises. And in this day and age, everything is available for a price. You just gotta decide if it's worth it to you. And if it's not, it's not exactly like someone is at fault.

If I miss Strobo again, I'll be upset, and If I have to buy him at an outrageous second hand price, I will be very upset.

But Mattel doesnt "owe" me everything I want. It only owes me for what I pay for. But I'm glad they constantly try to come up with new things to do for us, even if all of us dont get to have it all. Sure wish I could afford to go to SDCC, but I cant. Sure sucks to miss out on all that stuff, but so is everything else I want to to so bad but cant do.

I think this was very neat.
    Last edited by baronterror; May 8, 2013 at 08:21pm.

I think it's a great idea! I missed him but it will apparently be available again. What's with all this doom and gloom spreading? Sheesh!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I think responses to things like this are often governed by emotion. I don't think a lot of people are going to truly answer as to whether they think this is good or bad but answer as to whether or not they were able to get one and therefore whether they are excited or upset.
    I didn't know until 5pm, I am ******, I'll look tomorrow, but even I say it's cool, I love the transparent figures....

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    ....Impatience and Entitlement rule the day.
    Yep, everyone who's ****** they didn't know and had a job they were at today at 2pm here....has entitlement issues, and are impatient, got it....
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not ****** yet, because I am patient (with most things). I'm not happy about whatever this was either.

I'll be ****** if I'm not able to get this figure fairly close to it's official release for close to Matty's asking price.

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    I'm not ****** yet, because I am patient (with most things). I'm not happy about whatever this was either.

I'll be ****** if I'm not able to get this figure fairly close to it's official release for close to Matty's asking price.
    Exactly. And I have yet to see anything that says he'll be back soon.
    Recent....Eldor
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

We need more options in the poll.

I like the figure but I wish they would have sold it in a better manner. There's no option for that.

Some may vote "it's not cool" cause they don't like the figure while others may vote that way due to the way it was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    ...while others may vote that way due to the way it was announced.
    Or lack of announcement....
    Recent....Eldor
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

First I don't like the figure but I would like the surprise If they had told us in advance "Hey tomorrow there would be an special sale".
    I am connected almost all day and I came late so it seems that someone had to tell you about this sale, if not you would miss it. This is really something I am not happy about. As I said I don't like this figure but I would be very mad otherwise. But what really makes me angry is that they could make this figure instead of a more requested one.

Good cause we received another figure, even if it's a variant.

Bad was the sell tactic...

It was cool for a minute, but really? Yeah it was possibly a figure either many would want or may not but who is the ultimate authority on that?

And for those attempting to label some of us as the entitled... So much for you're understanding. As a subscriber I would think Mattel would send a notification seeing that I am VESTED in their product for the WHOLE YEAR. Accepting every figure, beast, oversized they offer so why would I not have interest in this one or anything they make? I simply see it as a courtesy such as, "hey since you have put your money into us in advance without seeing what you're getting check this extra goody out!" And if there was a way to email other non subbers or cherry pickers I don't object to that either. So to think that would make us elitists... No.

The whole going to the store example... Not seeing it. You can at least go to your STORES, hunt or simply come upon something new, as with this collector's line you have ONE avenue of acquiring any item. So to compare this to going to different stores and being lucky vs clicking buttons on a website that is the sole direct retailer... Not strong enough a defense.

And my question is if the overall goal is to keep this line alive and possibly further than anticipated, why the continuous efforts to make product difficult to get?

But as this event is unfolding, I try to refrain as there may be more opportunity to right this blemish and allow those who want this figure to get him.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Love the figure, like it much more than the SDCC reveals but not a fan of how they released it. Too random.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I personally loved the secret figure. Made me feel like a kid on Christmas morning.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Hell yes, this is an awesome surprise! Thanks Matty!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Snappy Threader
    Great idea! And as I posted in the main thread, a great "free advertising" opportunity for Mattel and the MOTUC brand. Brilliant!!!

It's cool as a value figure, one of those that you can live without but at the same time wish you had because it's so rare? I dunno, maybe that's how i'll feel in a few years regarding this figure

Heroic Warrior
    Great figure, but the way the situation was handled has upset too many people.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lentzquest View Post
    Spirit or Hordak Secret Figure?
    Hmmm...I'm going to go with the Hordak Secret Figure. I have no interest in Spirit.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I personally loved the secret figure. Made me feel like a kid on Christmas morning.
    Made me feel like i'm on Santa's naughty list...

I can't believe Mattel expects me to check their shop every hour of every day, in the vain hope that it might become available. It's a cool figure, but the way it's being offered is no fun at all.

Hell yes, this is an awesome surprise! Thanks Matty!

I think this was a GEAT idea and would like to see more in the future..
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a DARKSIDE.