View Poll Results: How do you feel about the surprise figure?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes, this is an awesome surprise! Thanks Matty!

77 65.25%
  • Just not cool, not coll at all...

41 34.75%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spirit of Hordak Secret Figure, Good or Bad?

Heroic Warrior
    I haven't voted, but I like attempts like this, with VARIANTS, to establish or maintain interest in a toy line- great job there, Matty! However, had this been, oh, Teela, then I would have been less enthused.
    Having said that, although I applaud this tactic on its face, I have ZERO interest in any version of Hordak, so maybe that makes my viewpoint a little easier to arrive at...
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    I didn't vote. I wish there was a middle option. :P

While anything new and exciting like a mystery figure or whatever can only be good for the line, the fact that I'm going to be incredibly hard-pressed to get him -to the point of probably not bothering at all- sours the deal for me.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't answer. The point is not about if a surprise figure is cool or not, but hte way of managing the surprise. And the Matty's way is not cool. Not cool at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Stunts like this make me wonder if they should cancel the line right now, refund all subs, and let the He-Man brand die off.
    Due to the nature of the internet, i'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... Hope you are! LoL.

Definitely like the figure but don't like the execution of it. Not a fan of getting up at 3/4 am and then finding out what i had missed out on only to find out i have to keep an eye out from here on end till he is up for sale again.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Court Magician
    I wish it would have been like winning the lottery. Only make 100 figs and never have him sold again. It would have sucked for so many but for that few people it would have been awesome!

Stunts like this make me wonder if they should cancel the line right now, refund all subs, and let the He-Man brand die off.
    This kind of surprise will probably give the line a good boost...it should happen more often!

I disagree 100% Things like this create traffic on the MattyCollector site which is why they are doing it and besides subscribers will get a crack at him with early access later this year. I hope the line goes to at least 2015

I thought it was cool and the energy it stirred up is great. I like hearing all the opinions in how things should be done its a great read. I read a book to my kids and the mom says "You get what you get and you don't get upset". Simple but true with most things in life.
    "Problems Weaver?"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Is-rael View Post
    I thought it was cool and the energy it stirred up is great. I like hearing all the opinions in how things should be done its a great read. I read a book to my kids and the mom says "You get what you get and you don't get upset". Simple but true with most things in life.
    Actually it's "you get what you get & you don't throw a fit". Tomatoe.....Tomato
    Anyway, was it fun? No. Is it in the best interest for MC. Yes. As a fan I don't want a "thrill of the hunt". I'm not 12. We are probably 80% adult collectors who just want the toys we had as kids. I don't think I should have to chase down an Exclusive figure for an already Exclusive line. I hope they don't do it again. And this comes from someone who finally got one on the 2min sell out on early access.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    Actually it's "you get what you get & you don't throw a fit". Tomatoe.....Tomato
    Anyway, was it fun? No. Is it in the best interest for MC. Yes. As a fan I don't want a "thrill of the hunt". I'm not 12. We are probably 80% adult collectors who just want the toys we had as kids. I don't think I should have to chase down an Exclusive figure for an already Exclusive line. I hope they don't do it again. And this comes from someone who finally got one on the 2min sell out on early access.
    Well said. Considering we ALL put our money into this line, exclusions should not be part of the sales map / plan. Why would you want to not get all the money you can especially if that's what is killing the line??? It was cool for a minute and not any minute more....
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Can't vote on these since I feel it goes on both ways.

It is a great suprised, yes indeedy, but I hated it that I couldn't get one!

Now that I have 'im. It feels great that I have it and a lot of people don't. It's evil I know and quite selfish, but I did traded a Strobo for it so it is sort of even it out and I'm shutting up now...
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Heroic Warrior Wundar_Grayskull's Avatar
    ^ Lol, never thought of it that way. I have one as well, I just loved the figure , he's definitely one of my favs.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app