Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEW FLIGHT STANDS - w/ Pictures, Reviews

NEW FLIGHT STANDS - w/ Pictures, Reviews

Check 'em out (except you can't, because the big brains at Matty didn't include a photo to show us...)...

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...endarticulate/

Despite not having any idea what they look like or how they'll actually work yet, I am pretty psyched to be getting something better than what came before! Here's hoping they are actually CLEAR this time

They sound cool.
    "Problems Weaver?"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I noticed that too! It'd be nice to have something that has the capability of holding Swift Wind…but anything new is welcomed!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I asked over on the Matty forums for some more info. You know, like the price point, how many per package, etc.
    You know, the stuff that should have been mentioned in this news announcement... LOL.

Can't wait, didn't buy the first time around but maybe these will be better. Just a month off you would think they would be able to take a picture before announcing!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Nice! Now maybe I can take Buzz Off and Sorceress off the fishing line that I have them on that's attached to the ceiling!
    Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

Cool! I need some flight stands.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Man, I hope they are good! I did break down and get a few of the old ones. And they aren't bad. They just feel kind of bulky and cheap.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Screw Flight Stands, fishing line can do that trick. I'm pumped for Octavia!!!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I was curious if someone who has purcahsed the flight stands before could give some more info on these.

How many "stands" do the packs come with? I know the v1.0 stands came with "I believe 3" of clips of the various clips for different figure lines of figures.
    But how many of the "Stand/bases" do the flight stand packs come with in each pack?

Heroic Warrior
    Can I use them to help my figures stand? I don't want the flying effect, but an effective item to hold my figures with loose ankles.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I was curious if someone who has purcahsed the flight stands before could give some more info on these.

How many "stands" do the packs come with? I know the v1.0 stands came with "I believe 3" of clips of the various clips for different figure lines of figures.
    But how many of the "Stand/bases" do the flight stand packs come with in each pack?
    IIRC, the old ones came with 3 bases and 3 of each clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Can I use them to help my figures stand? I don't want the flying effect, but an effective item to hold my figures with loose ankles.
    I use my old ones to stand up a few... Goddess and Zodak are currently using them to "stand/hover."

Good Idea! I use the Grayskull stands with the little grayskull piece behind the figures so they lean into it. Still I have a figure every so often take a dive causing a cascade effect Sometimes I think it's like Toy Story and they come alive when I am not looking
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Cheaper month in June. Just Octavia and Red Hood.

I can't wait for July.

Nifty! I actually like the old ones and use them still, but I'll get some of these.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    I am definitely gonna get some of the new stands. That picture of Octavia looks great! Pretty excited about her.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

I have no idea how to use them to help figures to stand still. They are too high for that. You can use the small clip around one arm but I am not sure how it would look. They are perfect for Stratos and Buzz Off, And I managed to use them for Draego-man. Hope the new ones would be better.

Hopefully they'll be adjustable so future females like Queen Angella and Flutterina can use them to 'fly' as the likes of Stratos and Buzz-Off could.

Also, Octavia looks phenomenal! Not bothered about the pizza between her legs, as it's become known, although I hope they sort that out for Glimmer...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

I can't wait for these! I bought one set a while ago, and Stratos, Buzz-Off and Draego-Man have been hogging them.

I find that it's best to just wrap the clear rubber bands around their ankles over and over again until it all disappears within the joint. I have probably five wobbly figures standing on their own now thanks to that trick.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm excited to see these! Maybe my Stratos, Buzz Off, Sy Klone et all will finally take flight! Not only that, but hopefully you can use the stands to get some dynamic battle scenes with the figures.

I'm excited that we are getting more of these....presumably new and improved as well! I got some before and like them pretty well, and would love to have some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Also, Octavia looks phenomenal! Not bothered about the pizza between her legs, as it's become known, although I hope they sort that out for Glimmer...
    I find "the pizza slice" easier to accept on Octavia thinking of her as wearing a skirt, rather than a leotard...

I'll see about them, I don't care, care for Stratos, find it hard to pose him in a decent pose standing in the process, the stands may actually help me enjoy him a little more. But as far as anyone else they are just standing where and how I want them....Maybe TOD Sorceress....but if they come 3 to a pack....It would kind of be a waste of money for me, as I only need one stand.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I find "the pizza slice" easier to accept on Octavia thinking of her as wearing a skirt, rather than a leotard...
    Gotta love inconsistency, make Strobo and Icarius with a solid pair of briefs yet can't do something similar for the girls that need it, or anyone else for that matter.....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!