Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NEW FLIGHT STANDS - w/ Pictures, Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    The horizontal Ironman picture is just making me laugh. It looks like he is just looking at the stand doing a... "Yup... there it is. $10 worth of stand. Can I go now?"
    Yeah, Iron Man doesn't exactly look right on there, I did it to see what I could put in the smallest claw....it works, but the figures don't support an actual flying pose because of the lack of head articulation, and on some one hand being a fist and not open....I'm not a huge fan of the 4" figures. Even more so now that articulation has been cut on them.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I don't care for it, but you know I never tried to see if it would fit....

EDIT:

Just checked, it does fit, and actually doesn't look half bad with him in the air....
    Wow...the disc like that almost looks like a "vapor ring" as if he's spinning really fast.

For how I display my flying figures, the old stands worked just fine, and came 3 to a pack. I will be passing on these as I have 6 flight stands and only use 3 at the moment. If I ever need more than MAYBE, but that probably won't be the case. Hopefully some people out there are happy with them.
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

Want:
    SDCC Filmation Hordak w/ Imp and Treasure Chest Imp

Have:
    Goat Man, Loo-kee, and Kowl

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Thanks for the thorough pics and review. I really just don't like them. I got some of the old ones, I just think they look so bulky and ugly and these don't really remedy the problem. I do think the plastic is a big issue, even if I understand how they probably got there. I think not making the very head of the waist clamp pivot is the biggest design flaw, though, which is what is causing the conflict with caped figures.
    Yeah, it is really a bummer they didn't think that through....you can't get anyone with a cape to work right without the stand being off to the side, using the medium claw on the thigh....but then you see the whole stand off to the side of the figure, like in the Sorceress pic.

Also to note, and I'll add it above....

The stand will not support Draego Man in the forward facing position, it is just too heavy a figure, and you have to put the claw on the tail section, since the arm won't go under the tail. Now I suppose if you wanted the full flying position, it would work, but the figures don't have that great a looking up pose with the heads....

The stand will topple if you put Draego in it.

Also to note, they look better with the Transformers than they do with most of the MOTUC figures....I have a Voyager Generations Springer & Blitzwing, but they are back in their boxes, and I didn't want to take them back out....but I'd imagine the stands would work on them as well....for their Helicopter & Jet modes respectively....if you could find a place for the clip / claw to grab
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; June 26, 2013 at 01:34pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Got my stands in today. They aren't going to win any awards for aesthetics, but they do exactly what I wanted them to do: provide a sturdy, elevated holding platform for my flying figures. Some sort of flying stand is essential for Stratos, IMO.

I don't plan on buying more than the two I have now, but I would purchase a discounted set.

Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Heroic Warrior
    Are these stands able to hold the figures in a standing position, when your figure has weak ankles?

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    These really aren't my thing. I appreciate there's some mobility to them, but as others have pointed out, they look more like robot arms capturing the character. If they could have been made completely clear, it may not have been so bad.
    I totally agree!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Are these stands able to hold the figures in a standing position, when your figure has weak ankles?
    Yes. I put my Octavia in one, and her feet still touch the ground when you have the stand on its "lowest" setting. If she was any shorter, though, her feet would be hovering, so this wouldn't work with shorter figures like DC Universe Classics.

The stand will not support Draego Man in the forward facing position, it is just too heavy a figure, and you have to put the claw on the tail section, since the arm won't go under the tail. Now I suppose if you wanted the full flying position, it would work, but the figures don't have that great a looking up pose with the heads....

The stand will topple if you put Draego in it.
    Very good pictures! The old stands are way better and they can support Draego Man if you place the clip on the tail.

Survey says......

They suck....

Waste of money
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Survey says......

They suck....

Waste of money
    Disagree. While there are definitely better options out there, they do exactly what they're supposed to: hold figures aloft in the air. They're sturdy, and offer multiple display options. How many sets do you own to unequivocally say they suck?
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Survey says......

They suck....

Waste of money
    If that's how you choose to view them, then so be it....if for nothing else I'd buy another 2 sets for my Deluxe Seekers....they work really well for the Transformers, and their aesthetics look right with them. And they'd look really cool painted a satin black with purple and silver drybrushing for the Deceptijets....at least the bases of them. I thought about painting the bases to match the Grayskull bricks, since the cardbacks are my MOTUC backdrop....it would help them blend in.

Also....they do the job their intended to do....other than not being strong enough to hold Draego and heavier figures in an upright position. But definitely clearer Lexan or Acrylic could have made them look so much better and barely there.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    The horizontal Ironman picture is just making me laugh. It looks like he is just looking at the stand doing a... "Yup... there it is. $10 worth of stand. Can I go now?"
    I was just about to say that - it simply looks ridiculous, with the scale and colour.. Waste of money..
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

If that's how you choose to view them, then so be it....if for nothing else I'd buy another 2 sets for my Deluxe Seekers....they work really well for the Transformers, and their aesthetics look right with them.
    I agree that they do look much better with the Transformers. I wonder if they'd look cool/do something cool with my NECA Pacific Rim figures... hmmm....

I picked up three sets and I like them. As has been pointed out, the lack of a pivot directly on the clamp is a drag because it forces capes to be horizontal. So BG Evil Lyn had to ditch her cape. But for bigger figures like Buzz Off, Stratos, and Draego-Man, they work great. Draego is super bulky and his mass does cause the ratchet joint to come down a couple notches, but he doesn't make it topple over. Maybe my Draego is lighter or something.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    Got my stands in today. They aren't going to win any awards for aesthetics, but they do exactly what I wanted them to do: provide a sturdy, elevated holding platform for my flying figures. Some sort of flying stand is essential for Stratos, IMO.

I don't plan on buying more than the two I have now, but I would purchase a discounted set.

http://www.imgur.com/XGScYDO.jpeg
    Is that as high as the figures can be posed when clipped around the waist? If so, I find that a little disappointing. I'll still buy 2 to try them out myself, but the lack of height may keep me from buying more.

Why did they mess with the perfection of the original design by creating this 2.0 turd? I really don't like the look of these at all. And that weird spiney look they get when the unused pegs are in place is rather disturbing and calls attention to itself which is, like, the absolute opposite of what you want a flight stand to do.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    Is that as high as the figures can be posed when clipped around the waist? If so, I find that a little disappointing. I'll still buy 2 to try them out myself, but the lack of height may keep me from buying more.
    Clipped around the waist, they're more like jump stands . Unless I'm doing something wrong (likely).

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    Clipped around the waist, they're more like jump stands . Unless I'm doing something wrong (likely).
    Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    These guys as I showed them are with the stand fully up....as high as they go, when clipped at the waist. They can go higher by using the medium clip on the thigh, but then the stand would be off to their side, like my Sorceress pic.

Honestly I personally don't need them to go any higher....if I did, I'd use fishing line and hang them from the ceiling.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Why did they mess with the perfection of the original design by creating this 2.0 turd? I really don't like the look of these at all. And that weird spiney look they get when the unused pegs are in place is rather disturbing and calls attention to itself which is, like, the absolute opposite of what you want a flight stand to do.
    Well, people didn't love the old stands. But, to be honest, I feel like they haven't really addressed the main concerns people had back then with these, one of them being the milky white color.

They look cool! I am perfectly happy with tying yarn around my flying figures and just doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Well, people didn't love the old stands. But, to be honest, I feel like they haven't really addressed the main concerns people had back then with these, one of them being the milky white color.
    Is it possible to have flexible clear plastic? All the clear plastic I can think of is rigid and prone to shattering or splintering.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Is it possible to have flexible clear plastic? All the clear plastic I can think of is rigid and prone to shattering or splintering.
    Basic cheaper plastic no (at least for Mattel on MOTUC), too much like CD cases, acrylic and Lexan yes, but more expensive.

I Know Transformers have flexible clear plastic....Many figures feature it. For example on the HFTD Battle Blade Bumblebee, it's flexible enough you can carve on it and it doesn't shatter.

I'm waiting for my Doom Seeker & Orko stands to break one time I reposition them or just put them on or take them off, my Orko is tight in his. I've seen the Shadow Weaver stand break off in her.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    These guys as I showed them are with the stand fully up....as high as they go, when clipped at the waist. They can go higher by using the medium clip on the thigh, but then the stand would be off to their side, like my Sorceress pic.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...63802085_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...38873723_n.jpg

Honestly I personally don't need them to go any higher....if I did, I'd use fishing line and hang them from the ceiling.
    Thanks for the response (you too goluphi). Yeah, the height isn't that bad. The angle of g's pic made them look a little shorter, well to me anyways.