Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NEW FLIGHT STANDS - w/ Pictures, Reviews

Oh, trust me- I would love it if they could just do the unitarded gals exactly like Capt. Glenn (except with the ability to twist at the waist!), but since they can't seem to figure it out, it's just easier for me to accept MOTUC Octavia as a gal who wears a skirt.

Flight Stands 2.0 pics....

Not my pics, but a poster from The Fwoosh....derekwc

I have a set coming, but have been seriously curious as to their appearance....and my curiosity has revealed my answer....

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Oh, trust me- I would love it if they could just do the unitarded gals exactly like Capt. Glenn (except with the ability to twist at the waist!), but since they can't seem to figure it out, it's just easier for me to accept MOTUC Octavia as a gal who wears a skirt.
    That's how I view Adora, Teela and the rest of them....fortunately some actually are donning skirts, so they all blend in.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

These stands would look better if they were clear plastic.

I think I like version 1.0 more...

Need more pics to really formulate an accurate opinion.

Widget
    I keep my figures in their package. Don't need these.

The nice thing about these new flight stands is they have an adjustable height, and if you want you can use them to stablize the figures that constantly fall down due to weak ankles in a stading position rather than having them floating or flying.

They look awful...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Thanks for posting pics, shadowfall1976.

I am still really miffed that they are $15 for only two stands.

They also look to be cheaper-looking than the first versions. The first ones took up more space at the bease, but they were more pleasing to the eye. These look kind of cheap

I was really looking forward to these too.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Remember when they told us that the plastic would be clear on the new ones?

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Thanks for posting pics, shadowfall1976.

I am still really miffed that they are $15 for only two stands.

They also look to be cheaper-looking than the first versions. The first ones took up more space at the bease, but they were more pleasing to the eye. These look kind of cheap

I was really looking forward to these too.
    Mine are supposed to be here tomorrow, so unless someone beats me to it, I'll post some better ones. Sadly I spent $15 and don't even know if I'll like them....but I bought 'em, so I'm using them.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    Remember when they told us that the plastic would be clear on the new ones?

I don't even mind that as much as the design. The first version wasn't clear, but it still looks good in my display Plus, it can be strategically hidden by other figures standing around the "flying" figure.

These just seem different... less streamlined in their design?
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

These really aren't my thing. I appreciate there's some mobility to them, but as others have pointed out, they look more like robot arms capturing the character. If they could have been made completely clear, it may not have been so bad.

I just received mine and set 'em up...
    They're bad.
    I mean, you can use them for putting lightweight females like Starla up in a jumping position using the midsized clip around her upper thigh, and you can give Stratos some good height if you have him "taking off" in a standing position... but as far as a figure like Draego-Man goes- they are too poorly constructed and the base isn't heavy enough to support this figure in flying mode. He stays up for a moment, then either falls backwards, or the part that extends just collapses down under the weight of the figure.
    And no folks, these are not clear. They are pretty much the same as the previous stands. CLEAR = the stands for the Doomseeker and Orko. Not these things.
    I wonder how these will work with a character like Sweet Bee. It might be great for her. But females with large wings like Angella or Flutterina probably won't fare much better than Draego-Man with these stands. A disappointment, for sure- especially for the price.
    I won't be throwing them out or anything, but I certainly am not tempted to buy more, that's for sure.

I bought these specifically for my Movie Masters Superman and I was a little disappointed with them. The clasp around the waist lacks a pivot joint for figures that have capes for it to go right underneath it for floating poses. As you can see, it props the cape upward and that's not what I wanted it to do:

They look OK on the bigger MOTUC figures:

Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

Actually they could work to hold figures up for a tiered look without needing stands or to worry about them falling off a set of tiers. They would just float behind the other figures, high enough to see them, and the figures in front could hide the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumFist View Post
    I bought these specifically for my Movie Masters Superman and I was a little disappointed with them. The clasp around the waist lacks a pivot joint for figures that have capes for it to go right underneath it for floating poses. As you can see, it props the cape upward and that's not what I wanted it to do:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps88ca99c0.jpg
    http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...psa9b284fc.jpg

They look OK on the bigger MOTUC figures:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps3f97ac3a.jpg
    At least it looks decent for Stratos, which is why I bought them to begin with. But poor Mattel engineering strikes again with the cape issue....they hardly think some things through before putting it out.

Well, you could say there was a huge gust of breeze while Superman was floating there....or he superfarted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Actually they could work to hold figures up for a tiered look without needing stands or to worry about them falling off a set of tiers. They would just float behind the other figures, high enough to see them, and the figures in front could hide the stands.

At least it looks decent for Stratos, which is why I bought them to begin with. But poor Mattel engineering strikes again with the cape issue....they hardly think some things through before putting it out.

Well, you could say there was a huge gust of breeze while Superman was floating there....or he superfarted....
    Haha, I think a "superfart" would level a city block!

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumFist View Post
    Haha, I think a "superfart" would level a city block!
    Yes, but his cape would be unharmed....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Yes, but his cape would be unharmed....
    This is true!

Heroic Warrior
    I don't want to resort to hyperbole so I won't, Whoever designed these stands should be reprimanded. Three quarters of the DCU wear capes, And She-Ra characters have long hair, And the stands account for neither. The stands are milky, not clear, but Let's not ask the guys who don't know what white looks like to give us a color answer. I will look for figures like Stratos who could use these, But this is the biggest waste of a purchase in 2013 by far. Avoid the stands at all costs. Bandai Act 4 stages Are three for the same price, They are clear and they maximize all posability... I don't know if they can handle the weight however.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    ....The stands are milky, not clear, but Let's not ask the guys who don't know what white looks like to give us a color answer.
    How Droll!

Review pics of Flight Stands 2.0....

These are my pics I just took of the Flight Stands....

I found a few other uses for them, including the 4" scale figures....

They can also be used for the Classics Decepti-jets (Seekers)....which I may get a couple more for this purpose.

Now as others have noted, they don't work with figures that have capes because the part of the arm that actually holds the figure does not pivot. There are only 3 movement points, the point where the clamp / claw attaches to the arm, and rotates 360, and the part on the arm that allows upwards or forward facing poses....

As you can really see, they are far from transparent, they are translucent, and the color of raw uncolored plastic....they seem to be pretty sturdy, as the plastic does not seem brittle, but I can see how where the arm is raised it could wear out pretty easily if extended or collapsed too much. The articulation joint on the arm is a ratchet joint like seem in Transformers figures.

EDIT....
    Forgot to mention, the stand will not support Draego Man in the forward facing position, it is just too heavy a figure, and you have to put the claw on the tail section, since the arm won't go under the tail. Now I suppose if you wanted the full flying position, it would work, but the figures don't have that great a looking up pose with the heads....

The stand will topple if you put Draego in it.

Last edited by shadowfall1976; June 26, 2013 at 01:28pm.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Wow...I am liking these more now.
    Stratos looks great!

Why no disc on the back of Sy-Klone? Personal preference or does it not fit with the stand?

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Wow...I am liking these more now.
    Stratos looks great!

Why no disc on the back of Sy-Klone? Personal preference or does it not fit with the stand?
    I don't care for it, but you know I never tried to see if it would fit....

EDIT:

Just checked, it does fit, and actually doesn't look half bad with him in the air....

Last edited by shadowfall1976; June 26, 2013 at 11:28am.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Thanks for the thorough pics and review. I really just don't like them. I got some of the old ones, I just think they look so bulky and ugly and these don't really remedy the problem. I do think the plastic is a big issue, even if I understand how they probably got there. I think not making the very head of the waist clamp pivot is the biggest design flaw, though, which is what is causing the conflict with caped figures.

The horizontal Ironman picture is just making me laugh. It looks like he is just looking at the stand doing a... "Yup... there it is. $10 worth of stand. Can I go now?"