Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PROTECTED: MOTUC & Matty Frustration Support Thread

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar

PROTECTED: MOTUC & Matty Frustration Support Thread

I have been authorized by the moderators to start this thread. In order for this to be successful, they have asked me to make it clear that the following conditions must be met:

1. Everyone should reacquaint themselves with the Protected Thread Rules.
    2. As in all threads the general rules of the forum must be followed.
    3. Keep your comments as constructive as possible. Keep the insults, personal attacks, character assassinations, and the like out of here. Think about how you'd like to be addressed by a stranger and approach it like that.

If any of the conditions are not met, then the thread will be closed.

I have been a member of this board since 2003. I don't post much and keep my opinions and feelings to myself for the most part. He-man.org to me is about community and our love for all things he-man. However, just because some peoples experiences with Mattel have been positive, doesn't mean everyone has had the same experience. I strongly believe that everyone has an opinion and a right to express that opinion constructively.

This support thread I hope can accomplish that where people frustrated with Mattel can vent their frustration (again constructively) and explain their reasons why. "Mattel sucks" and cursing Mattel are not constructive and could lead to premature thread closure. You will not be attacked or debated, but hopefully find a sympathetic ear. Then be able to again focus on our love of all things "He-man" and the superb job the Four Horsemen do. In addition to the He-man.org guidelines, please follow these rules:

4. Express yourself constructively and then top it off with a "Mattel Sucks," won't cut it.
    5. Don't debate, we are not here to judge or challenge each other.
    6. Try to avoid being repetitive.
    7. No threats of any kind. Quitting the line or threatening lawsuits won't help anyone. I know you guys are frustrated, but this kind of stuff doesn't help.
    8. Wording is important. Saying "You did this" is an allegation. While saying "I feel you did this" is your own opinion.
    9. Directly following #8, unless you have proof to back something up as fact, don't state it as such.

No matter how you feel you've been treated, we still need to show respect in order to get respect. Any frustration that you feel is understood. But we shouldn't show our backside to the world as a result of those feelings.

Again it's ok to discuss the topic and it's implications but no Mattel bashing, I am going to bat for you guys so please be cool and let's make this work! Thanks all Pablo!
    ------------------------------------------------
    Thexxwatcherxx's Newly Chosen:
    Batman1180~The Godbeast~TheFallen~
    Sword-of-Grayskull~ChrisBryan~

Holy Hell it's gone an happened, finally!

I've supported this line through DOS buying, and yes it is supporting the line, and now in 2013 I caved and subbed.... I thought I was supposed to be able to get first picks of new non sub figures....then without warning Matty goes and pops Hordak out, middle of the workday on the one day I can't be at my computer. Subscribers should have been warned this was happening, not what time, but what day, and we'd have to scramble, at least then, we would have known something was coming. Now we are told He'll be at an EA, just not when....OK, I get that, and I can wait it out....but the thing that irks me was the way the initial sale of him was handled.

All I say is, as subscribers, we should have had first warning something special was coming on the 8th of May....maybe not when, just between Matty's business hours.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Hey all - one further reminder - keep this about your frustrations with Mattel and MOTUC, not about fellow posters. No complaining about complaining or complaining about complaining about complaining. Thanks!

Well I am also disappointed about not getting the Hordak figure. YES, I believe subscribers should have had first picks at this. Yes, an email would have been great....even if it was a hint. Mattel: "Hey MOTU Club Eternia Subscribers. As being our number one customers. Check out MattyCollector.com on "(day) ". There might be a surprise waiting for you."
    Or better yet give us a Matty code to log in & be able to get AT LEAST 1 figure. Hopefully in time I'll get the figure.....but I can't check every day at every hour to get him. And I'm not spending $100 for him on eBay. But it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Kind of like the Strobo deal as well. Didn't get him either & yes I'm a subscriber. I understand he's a traveling exclusive....but c'mon. You tell subscribers that they get early acces for him & for most it didn't happen. Another scenario in giving subscribers a chance to own one Strobo/Hordak with a code and be able to purchase in a given amount of time. Then the deal is gone. Perks of being a subscriber I guess. Love it......

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    No complaining about complaining or complaining about complaining about complaining. Thanks!
    ...my brain shorted out slightly processing this comment... rotflol

...I think that I have been up WAY too long without a good nights sleep. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    Well I am also disappointed about not getting the Hordak figure. YES, I believe subscribers should have had first picks at this. Yes, an email would have been great....even if it was a hint. Mattel: "Hey MOTU Club Eternia Subscribers. As being our number one customers. Check out MattyCollector.com on "(day) ". There might be a surprise waiting for you."
    Or better yet give us a Matty code to log in & be able to get AT LEAST 1 figure. Hopefully in time I'll get the figure.....but I can't check every day at every hour to get him. And I'm not spending $100 for him on eBay. But it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Kind of like the Strobo deal as well. Didn't get him either & yes I'm a subscriber. I understand he's a traveling exclusive....but c'mon. You tell subscribers that they get early acces for him & for most it didn't happen. Another scenario in giving subscribers a chance to own one Strobo/Hordak with a code and be able to purchase in a given amount of time. Then the deal is gone. Perks of being a subscriber I guess. Love it......
    ...I must agree. The entire point of getting a sub online was to not miss out on any of the figures!
    Now I do not personally mind that I missed out on this weird varaint hordak figure as I made a custom white crossbow myself, and I would have just sold or parted out the red hordak figure itself.
    But the point is we pay for a sub to not miss out on the figures, an now they are saying it is super limited... that bothers me alot! As would make a collector feel like they are being penalized a figure for not babysitting the matty site 24/7. I myself could not even be at a PC when it went up for sale as I was out picking my kids up at their school and buying dinner fixings as I am a single dad and I HAVE to be out doing these things every day and can not set at a monitor to watch for a sale item to randomly appear with no warning like this!

As a point Mattel, angering your buyers is THE worst thing you can do. It turns us off your product, and its especially bad when it happens just a month or two before a yearly sub sale... are you trying to kill the line on purpose Mattel?
    Last edited by Replikor; May 9, 2013 at 11:11pm.

Maybe in the future they can send out a FYI e-mail to subbers only like be on the site on 5/10/13 @ 12:00 pct fir a special ltd. surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Maybe in the future they can send out a FYI e-mail to subbers only like be on the site on 5/10/13 @ 12:00 pct fir a special ltd. surprise.
    I agree! This idea alone I think would 100% fix this problem! Being a subscriber would at least give you a exclusive email for a "heads up/to be ready" on random popup figures coming!

I am amazed at Snout Spout... and, though it's not MOTUC, the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. Sure, material durability varies, but using a type of foam that will always rot because of the paint? Wow. That's... amazing.

it's like the kinnikuman Kinkeshi (first release), which were a type of rubber that could melt through normal plastic - including American MUSCLEs and the big wrestling ring that CAME with the kinkeshi!

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I agree! This idea alone I think would 100% fix this problem! Being a subscriber would at least give you a exclusive email for a "heads up/to be ready" on random popup figures coming!
    This is what I was saying....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

I'm glad you guys are jumping into this thread. I wanted to give my own input but was waiting til' others posted so I wouldn't double post. I really hope it helps to settle some nerves.

I missed out like a lot of you guys and ended up buying one for more. No big deal as I don't have to be on Mattycollector more then I like. I am also a subscriber. I know a lot of guys act like we get upset over nothing, but what many fail to understand is this is a small aspect of my life. I'm being judged by my words as if that's who I am as a whole. I have a job as a Substitute school teacher and my income fluctuates. I also have a wife and two boys, plus a wheel chair bound grandmother who had a stroke. I have a pretty full plate and can't always be glued to the computer. I like to collect toys as a way to get away from my stressful life.

When stuff like this whole spirit of Hordak happens, it just gives me more of what I am trying to get away from, stress. Toys should be fun, not one more thing going wrong. At the time this whole red Hordak situation happened, I was actually trying to stay away from toy sites as Summer is coming up and I won't be getting any money for three months. Trying to save now for that. I understand people get tired of the negativity but some of it is deserved. Maybe we could all just take a step back and try to understand each other a bit before making snap judgements. You know the whole "Unless you have walked a mile in someone elses shoes" saying. I look forward to reading other's experiences, Thanks Pablo~

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    As a 3x subscriber, this is a bit frustrating for sure! I feel we should have been given at least some kind of warning so I could purchase at least one for myself, but I see scalpers are already selling this fig for crazy prices. It seems to me that the people keeping this line alive (Subs, not scalps) should be given a chance to have at LEAST a small window to buy exclusive figures.
    Hooray for people who do nothing other than buy toys just to sell to the guy behind them for 2X price............................................. .......

Heroic Warrior Mystical Musician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Excellent idea! I don't mind having fun little out of nowhere exclusives, but a nod to the subscription folks would be awesome. I ended up getting my figure via eBay but I'm fairly sure that this figure will be made available soon enough for everyone else that wants one. My biggest beef is the quantities a single person can order. Should be limited to two figures per account. Make special circumstances for outside the CONUS for those who order for others. Most of the eBay scalpers are from the CONUS. Also, I think that the Marketplace rules should be updated so that NEWLY released figures can only be sold at cost plus any shipping charges. Or offer a marketplace selling fee so that the site gets a percentage of any sale if they aren't selling for cost.

Heroic Warrior
    TG claims this is to be fun and bring back the thrill of the toy hunt However the whole point of the sub is suppose to avoid that hassel. No Scott hunting down figures is no fun. Making figures hard to get is no fun. Maybe because you get one of all the hard to get figures given to you I.e. Jlu Hal Jordan, strobo and hordak you don't get that anymore as a collector You would think you figured this out from the whole gleek incident and most recently with strobo. Adult collectors are not kids we're grown UPS with priorities who find collecting in theory to be a fun hobby. Who in the world has free tine on their hands to continuously watch a website for a figure that we have no idea how long until it may appear. It is ludicrous.

Furthermore you do this after you acted like chicken little last summer saying the sky is falling when it came to meeting the sub quota. So instead of coddling that base presumably who would be completists hence why cherry pickers hate the sub you go out of your way to **** them off. Doesn't seem very good marketing and I honestly don't see why you would want constant traffic on Matty considering everything is pretty much sold out and it doesn't seem like it is a paid website with ad traffic giving you a monetary boost. Why play these silly games. Just produce enough for subscribers give a set date and time and let us buy it without all these stupid games. We already had to deal with sucky fighting foe men no one wants, hit or miss quality control, outrageous shipping prices, early access not having enough of a figure. That is the kind of crappy treatment you'd expect from a toy line thriving not one that needs the good graces of a small few.

With a line in supposed precarious straits you would think y'all wouldn't go out of your way to rock the boat with a decreasing fan base.
    Last edited by degra; May 10, 2013 at 01:27am.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't really care much for the Spirit of Hordak but this seemed like a great opportunity to target the completist. Most likely all completist have subbed so it would've been easier to make Spirit of Hordak available on Early Access (even it was a secret until the day it was released.) Also, it would've given non sub holders another incentive to buy a sub in 2014.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    ...I must agree. The entire point of getting a sub online was to not miss out on any of the figures!
    Now I do not personally mind that I missed out on this weird varaint hordak figure as I made a custom white crossbow myself, and I would have just sold or parted out the red hordak figure itself.
    But the point is we pay for a sub to not miss out on the figures, an now they are saying it is super limited... that bothers me alot! As would make a collector feel like they are being penalized a figure for not babysitting the matty site 24/7. I myself could not even be at a PC when it went up for sale as I was out picking my kids up at their school and buying dinner fixings as I am a single dad and I HAVE to be out doing these things every day and can not set at a monitor to watch for a sale item to randomly appear with no warning like this!

As a point Mattel, angering your buyers is THE worst thing you can do. It turns us off your product, and its especially bad when it happens just a month or two before a yearly sub sale... are you trying to kill the line on purpose Mattel?

This pretty much sums up how I feel about this.

I've been collecting this line since it started. I'm pretty much a completest and have pretty much every figure to date (save for a couple of very minor gray area varients). I've stood by this line through thick and thin. I have preordered Castle Grayskull... I have signed up for every MOTU related subscription to date... and prior to the subs existing and for items either not included in them (or that I want extras of), I've jumped through hoops to get them, including scheduling vacation days off of work just to be online to order.

At one point I was often placing bulk orders to help out a local club of fans, many of whom couldn't be online to order, putting hundreds of dollars on my credit card to get those figures and get them into the hands of those fans at cost. On a few occasions some of those fans helped me out when I had conflicts and simply couldn't be online, or in getting convention exclusives like color changing Orko.

Despite what in some cases have been super fast sell outs, somehow I've managed to beat the clock and the odds in almost every single attempt to order (including early access Strobo) except for one... which was Flocked ears Moss Man, one of the very few 'gray area' of MOTUC items that I don't have (and one that I've decided I can live without given how minor of a varient it is).

I've only had to go to the secondary market on one or two occasions, the only significant one in terms of what I spent being for Bronze King Grayskull.

The point that I am making here is that I have dedicated A LOT of time, money, effort, and energy into collecting and supporting this line (and in helping others do the same). I've never put this much effort into collecting any other line, nor have I collected any other line anywhere close to this same level of near-completion. I am THAT huge of a MOTU fan.

But then this 'surprise' Spirit of Hordak was released with basically no fore-warning. I couldn't plan, I couldn't prepare. The only way that I would have been able to get one is if I had by sheer luck been online to see the news. As the case happened to be, I wasn't.

Part of what drives me crazy about this is that I didn't have any prior commitments that prevented me from being online at the time. I was actually napping at the time because I'm off of work this week resting after having sinus surgery. Now, I'm not bringing up the surgery to use as a cheap card to play to garner extra sympathy.... I only mention it because that's just what the case happened to be and to point out that I could have been online at the time had proper notice been given.

Some people seem to feel that the way this Hordak Spirit figure was handled was 'fun' because it's remnicent of the chase. And they are entitled to have that opinion. In that sense, fair is fair.

But you know something? I've always HATED the chase. I found it to be a royal pain. Sure, it was satisfying finding the occasional figure after a long search, but more often than not I found myself being disappointed. Thanks to 'the chase', I had to buy a significant amount of my 200X figures, which retailed in stores at around $7 to $10 each, on ebay and from dealers at cons at prices akin to what the MOTUC figures cost now. That's the effect the 'chase' had on me. And while a few others may get a 'kick' out of it, I really don't think it is needed or serves to benefit the bulk of the fanbase.

And that has been one of the silver linings of MOTUC for me... the lack of having to go through the chase (at least for the most part). While the buying experience has been a pain at times with the super fast sell outs and various issues with Digital River (and I have had some MAJOR headaches from those issues), at the bare minimum I at least knew where I had to be (on the computer) and when to have my shot at getting the figures. And luckily for me that has worked out more often than not.

But then this happens. A random surprise figure. It's not a con exclusive or anything like that.... it's just a random extra figure. It pops up with no warning. And we are now being told that it will likely show up at some point via early access, but it's super limited and not all subscribers will necessarily be able to get one. Gee, thanks. While we may (hopefully) get a real heads up before it goes on sale again, this is going to possibly be as bad or worse than the Strobo sale, which I barely managed to successfully maneuver.

The bottom line is this...
    I have been "all in" with this line from the get go. You (Mattel) are pushing people to be "all in" more and more by making more things exclusive to the subs and limiting or eliminating 'day of' stock. But then you do things like this that completely goes against that concept.

At this point I am tired, frustrated, and simply at a loss. You want us to buy ALL of your MOTUC products. I, and many others, want to buy ALL of your MOTUC products. But you keep finding new ways to make that difficult and even near impossible. WHY??!!!! For the love of god and all that is holy.... WHY??!!!!

I know drumming up buzz is a good thing, but at this point your audience is pretty limited. The sub sales are way down, and you can't afford to lose more customers. I don't think a random Hordak varient is going to turn the tide on that in your favor. I'm not actually 'threatening' to quit the line just yet, but I will be honest and say that it's something that I am honestly giving more consideration to than ever before given these frustrations. And there was a time where that was the furthest thing from an option that I would even consider.

At this point, you need to make this line... ALL releases in this line... easy to collect for those who want it all. If the items can't all be included in the sub by default, fine. But then give us a way to preorder them or opt in for any and all non-sub items in as hassle free of a way as possible.

Oh, and when/if you get around to releasing the Horde Troopers, I hope it will be easy to order extras! I only have one sub, but plan to buy a total of 5 to 7 packs of them, and given how expensive that will already be, I have no intention of paying inflated secondary market prices for them. So I hope they are plentiful for day of sales and/or you should give us a way to preorder extra sets of them. Because having an army of them is one of the things that I have been MOST looking forward to in this line, but they have yet to be released, the cost of the figures had gone up considerably, and you are cutting back what is available for general sale. I'm telling you right now that I actually want and plan to spend a few hundred bucks on them. PLEASE make it easy for me to do so. I don't mean this as a threat, but if it comes to pass that I can't easily buy extra sets and can only get what comes in my one sub, that may genuinely be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me in continuing to collect this line.

This is really quite simple. You want our money, I and many others want your products. Please stop makng some of these business transactions SO frustratingly difficult. Doing so only serves to work against our collective interests. You will be doing yourselves and the fanbase a huge favor in making it easier for us to buy your products.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; May 10, 2013 at 01:47am.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I would very much appreciate a clear explanation of why Mattel is making a conscious decision to set the maximum purchase limit on figures like Spirit of Hordak to 6 instead of 1. This is obviously only helping scalpers and it is hurting the wide majority of collectors who are having an increasingly difficult time obtaining the toys they love. In the past we could drive to our local toy store and buy our toys. Now we have to go online, and either buy a subscription or compete against everyone else to try and order the toys fast enough before they quickly sell out.

On top of this we now have subscription only figures, and Strobo which sold out in record time to s small number of people. And now we're told we have to sit at our computers 24/7 refreshing our browsers for the slight chance that we can purchase our toys? How is this making our experience enjoyable? This is an unwelcome surprise.

Figures like Spirit of Hordak, along with the Fighting Foe Men and the upcoming Mini Masters figures continue to water down the line and prevents collectors from getting the toys they want, including harder to find existing figures, existing chase figures like Spirit of Grayskull or Bronze King Grayskull, and characters from the vintage lines we have yet to be offered so that we can "complete" our collections. As it has been stated by Mattel, there is a finite amount of time the factory in China can devote to the production of these toys. For every King He-Man or Mighty Specter figure produced, we lose the chance to get a Two Bad, Tung Lashor or other core figure, not to mention the main PoP figures many fans are clamoring for. I would ask Mattel to please stop giving us figures for characters that have not already been established in the MOTU canon. Please stop handing golden tickets to people, letting them design new figures like Cy-Chop and wasting our hard earned money.

mattel and scott do not care if you get your toys or not. mattel and scott doesn't care if you have a complete collection or not. Mattel and Scott do not care what you pay on the third market. as long as their website sells out and your money is theirs.

they don't care that you pay $80 to $200 on EBAY to get what they sold out of. they don't care if you get a damaged figure that arrives with broken or missing pieces or factory mistakes. the sooner you accept that Scott doesn't read this crap, the better off you will be. why have a thread that is for feelings stated in a hundred other threads that have gone ignored.

A few points I am getting is that many of you feel like you have supported this line, through thick and thin. You have spent your hard earned cash that doesn't always come easy. Also this is a hobby for many of you and you don't like to spend every waking hour trying to track down a figure. You all have lives with responsibilities. Finally some of you have had such negative experiences that missing out really stresses you out, as now you have to deal with the secondary market. Ultimately I assume some of you just bite the bullet rather then prolonging the stress and time. It's the "I'm done and I don't have to worry about it anymore" feeling even though your paying a premium. I completely understand that.

Let me ask you guys a question? The word entitlement has been thrown around quite a bit lately. Do you guys feel you are entitled to the figures you want for all your dedication or do you just want a "fair chance" at getting the figure, such as sufficient numbers and time given in advance? Or is it something else entirely. I know how I feel but I want to know your guys feelings on this more.

Angry-Calligar it's not so much to discuss feelings that are discussed in every other thread. It's about giving people the chance to vent and feel heard. It's about leaning to respect another person's feelings even if you don't agree with them, rather then be unsympathetic and just blast them. We see the effects all over the place. Constant fighting and bickering. If we'd realize we are people with lives and feelings we might try to be a little easier on each other. The worst that will happen is the thread will be closed, but I want to at least try.

I'm hoping people with differing viewpoints will come in and read why some people behave as they do. We all have reasons for why we behave a certain way, just most people don't get to explain them. here they can.

Just to add one more thing, just because "Scott or Mattel may or may not care about the fanbase" (that's conjecture and we need to stay away from that or this thread will surely be closed) doesn't mean we need to turn on each other. that's what this is about.
    Last edited by thexxwatcherxx; May 10, 2013 at 02:36am.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry-Calligar View Post
    mattel and scott do not care if you get your toys or not. mattel and scott doesn't care if you have a complete collection or not. Mattel and Scott do not care what you pay on the third market. as long as their website sells out and your money is theirs.

they don't care that you pay $80 to $200 on EBAY to get what they sold out of. they don't care if you get a damaged figure that arrives with broken or missing pieces or factory mistakes. the sooner you accept that Scott doesn't read this crap, the better off you will be. why have a thread that is for feelings stated in a hundred other threads that have gone ignored.
    pretty much this.
    it seems there's no empathy between scott and the fanbase, and you will hear the same story when PD walkthrough video will be online after the SDCC, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    I would very much appreciate a clear explanation of why Mattel is making a conscious decision to set the maximum purchase limit on figures like Spirit of Hordak to 6 instead of 1.
    yes, pal! a so intense and powerful YES!
    they should, at least, let the buyer buy just one copy (or at least 2, one to display and one to keep MOC) in order to do not let fans speculate in the secondary market. I feel it grows that a lot of fans are making money over other fans. when I mean money Im not thinking they just have to give theyre goods away for free but 500 per cent more of the original figures sound arsh to me.
    an hobby should be fun, as a lot of you previously stated, where's the fun here?
    Last edited by Delthaindia; May 10, 2013 at 02:22am.

Quote Originally Posted by thexxwatcherxx View Post
    The word entitlement has been thrown around quite a bit lately. Do you guys feel you are entitled to the figures you want for all your dedication or do you just want a "fair chance" at getting the figure, such as sufficient numbers and time given in advance? Or is it something else entirely. I know how I feel but I want to know your guys feelings on this more.
    I just want a damn fair chance, I don't feel entitled to anything other than I should be able to buy as I like, it's my money, and Mattel wants it, so I'd like to spend it as I want, not having to go on a damn treasure hunt for crap. It's getting almost like my Hot Wheels days all over again....and I basically quit buying them....due to greed and it no longer being fun to collect.

Collecting should be fun, and I have never considered wasting gas and time driving to different stores looking for a certain toy, only to realize someone got there 10 seconds before you did. Then what? You wasted time and gas, and still have to spend more money to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    I would very much appreciate a clear explanation of why Mattel is making a conscious decision to set the maximum purchase limit on figures like Spirit of Hordak to 6 instead of 1. This is obviously only helping scalpers and it is hurting the wide majority of collectors who are having an increasingly difficult time obtaining the toys they love. In the past we could drive to our local toy store and buy our toys. Now we have to go online, and either buy a subscription or compete against everyone else to try and order the toys fast enough before they quickly sell out.

On top of this we now have subscription only figures, and Strobo which sold out in record time to s small number of people. And now we're told we have to sit at our computers 24/7 refreshing our browsers for the slight chance that we can purchase our toys? How is this making our experience enjoyable? This is an unwelcome surprise.

Figures like Spirit of Hordak, along with the Fighting Foe Men and the upcoming Mini Masters figures continue to water down the line and prevents collectors from getting the toys they want, including harder to find existing figures, existing chase figures like Spirit of Grayskull or Bronze King Grayskull, and characters from the vintage lines we have yet to be offered so that we can "complete" our collections. As it has been stated by Mattel, there is a finite amount of time the factory in China can devote to the production of these toys. For every King He-Man or Mighty Specter figure produced, we lose the chance to get a Two Bad, Tung Lashor or other core figure, not to mention the main PoP figures many fans are clamoring for. I would ask Mattel to please stop giving us figures for characters that have not already been established in the MOTU canon. Please stop handing golden tickets to people, letting them design new figures like Cy-Chop and wasting our hard earned money.
    Competing with others made buying Hot Wheels so much less fun, I wanted one car for my collection, of many of the models, yet greedy people made collecting so ******, I quit collecting heavy, and just went to buying a couple every so often. I get ****** when I can't find a car, yet go on Ebay, and one person has 50 listed either in individual auctions, or in groups of 10 of one car....why in the hell would I buy a lot of 10 of the same car? Point is, when the hunt is a competition, it's not fun....and refreshing my computer when I have other daily life things to do such as...I don't know work and family....is ********.

I also participated in the K-Mart collector days, only to see greedy *******s, bring all their friends and family to get the first shot to open cases, getting like at one time, 10 cases to dig through, while I got only one, that had nothing but one car in it, they got out of ten cases at least 3 or 4 of each car, at times 10 of each (exclusive) car I only wanted one of....and then be told there are no differences between a scalper like that who will significantly jack the prices up, and a simple reseller who marks-up to cover expenses....yeah, sorry, huge difference between a greedy ******* and a typical reseller.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry-Calligar View Post

Doesn't matter if Scott reads it or cares about it, point is of this thread is we can get ******, vent about it, and not have to deal with being criticized by other members....that is the point of this thread, not to get through to Scott, but to vent....
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; May 10, 2013 at 06:41am.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

50% (yes, exactly half) of my figures have something wrong with them. I'm not talking about big QC problems for the most part, but small things that are less noticeable but still annoying. For figures at this price range QC should be WAY better.

Compare that to my vintage figures, where generally the only issues with them are due to age, not factory defects.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I'll say it...committing 1000+ dollars to MOTUC items most of which are sight unseen, and doing so in spite of frequent production mistakes,an occasional crap-ball figure, or the awkward impishness of the brand manager, I DO feel that I am ENTITLED to get my hands on figures.

I am not a toy collector. I only and have only ever purchased this line. I open my figures...I play with them. Pose them. swap heads and armor. I think that putting 1k out there in funds every year and supporting this line like I have deserves a promise that Mattel will give me the figures I am willing to pay for.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

I was frustrated with how Mattel handled Strobo. I think they vastly underestimated how many people wanted to buy him on the day of early access. I can see why people are frustrated over the Spirit of Hordak figure, too. I was lucky enough to get a couple myself, so maybe that is the reason why I think this whole secret figure idea is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    50% (yes, exactly half) of my figures have something wrong with them. I'm not talking about big QC problems for the most part, but small things that are less noticeable but still annoying. For figures at this price range QC should be WAY better.

Compare that to my vintage figures, where generally the only issues with them are due to age, not factory defects.
    I was a MOSC collector....upon opening my figures I discovered so many had badly loose ankles, knees and some even had bad hip joints....Draego-Man was horrible for this, a figure that heavy that tried to do splits until I fixed him, luckily his tail helped keep him upright and from doing a full on split. Almost all of the older pre-2012 figures had bad ankles and many couldn't even stand at all until I fixed them. Keldor had such bad ankles I could just lean the figure one way or the other and his feet moved freely on their own, that is sad. Frosta had reversed forearms, Stinkor's were swapped intentionally....I mean seriously. The neck pegs on Teela and BP She-Ra are too long they look stupid with the heads sitting on a small peg that can be seen while hovering above the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I'll say it...committing 1000+ dollars to MOTUC items most of which are sight unseen, and doing so in spite of frequent production mistakes,an occasional crap-ball figure, or the awkward impishness of the brand manager, I DO feel that I am ENTITLED to get my hands on figures.

I am not a toy collector. I only and have only ever purchased this line. I open my figures...I play with them. Pose them. swap heads and armor. I think that putting 1k out there in funds every year and supporting this line like I have deserves a promise that Mattel will give me the figures I am willing to pay for.
    I guess if you put it that way, then maybe some do have a justified sense of entitlement. I mean if you've been here since 2008 and you own every figure....I do believe how you could feel that way.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

While it's not the END OF THE WORLD for me. This was a bad move by Mattel.

The Timing:
    With this "Surprise" showing up so close to FFM + Karatti month billing time, some customers lost out due to not having enough spare funds to get this item. It's not like they could have done this NEXT MONTH where there's only ONE MOTUC Item.

The Stealth factor:
    Even if you had the funds for him; it's impossible to buy something that you don't know it's for sale.

But I though Matty said...:
    "subscribers are the lifeblood of the line." "All subscribers get Early access to all non-sub items before non-subscribers."
    SURPRISE!! an unannounced non-sub item that was sold WITHOUT giving subscribers their "Early Access".

It was done for "fun" and to relieve the "thrill of the hunt":
    I am not Sergei Kravinoff. I DON'T NEED "The Hunt". You know what else "The Hunt" gives you? Stress, Disappointment. I don't need more of that, cause they kinda kill the fun.

Angering Customers so close to the Sub-Beg-A-Thon for 2014 is simply a bad move. Seriously, the "Our Line is in Peril" speech won't have the same effect when Mattel can do "throwaway SKUs" to "play games" with their customer base a month and a half before the beg-a-thon.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.