Thread: I need to go to an oral surgeuon now, apparently

Hybrid View

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar

I need to go to an oral surgeuon now, apparently

I went into the dentist this morning, Valium taken last night, and took the oral sedation meds. I'm in the chair, gas on... but he looks at my teeth now and decided mi right upper wisdom is so bad that if her gabs it it'll likely break, causing severe problems , so he can not do the extraction. I need to go to an oral surgeon who can do IV sedation instead. So it' snow more weeks of antibiotics, tooth pain and wondering where I'll get the money for this. If I can't find one that will agree to payments I can't even have it done.

That sounds kind of strange. He suddenly decides that it can't be done? Unless it got much worse since the last time he looked at it, I don't see how that happened.

I would recommend going to another dentist (if possible).
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    The problem was, due to my gag reflex he could barely examine the teeth beyond the x-ray. Once I was partway sedated he had a better view. And I think at least the right one has got worse since I can feel a space on the bottom of it.

I'm not a dentist, nor am I on the scene, but it seems like he should have sedated you to better examine them on your previous visit. You lost time here in arranging a corrective procedure because he didn't properly diagnose the problem, previously.

Just my 2 cents for any one reading this and can afford to get it done. Get all of your wisdom teeth taken out if possible. Sure, you could be one of the lucky ones and never have any issues, but chances are some thing is going to happen sooner or later.

Apparently as times goes on things get worse in the sense that the tooth begins to fuse to the bone so to speak, really becomes embedded and is much harder to take out if need be. Save yourself the issues!

At around 25 I had my first abscess and ended up taking one out. At 30, my second and after looking in to it said the hell with it and just went to an oral surgeon, he put me out and took the remaining three in one shot.

Woke up X amount of time later, mouth puffy, no real pain, but it was a pain in the neck to eat for a few days. Who cares though, what's a few days of a hassle.

No issues since and now I never have to worry about it again. Soooo glad I did it.

Diosoth, do you know if you qualify as low income? I'm sure there must be a low income dental clinic that you can go. It's not like you're the only person in the country to struggle paying a dental bill. I haven't had an x-ray in like 10 years because I don't want to pay for it

And you can't just stay in this condition.