Thread: The Cleveland Show Cancelled

Hybrid View

Heroic Warrior

The Cleveland Show Cancelled

Good. You take the most uninteresting character on Family Guy and give him his own show in a desperate attempt to reach a new demographic just because of his skin color. I gave this show a chance when it first came out, but let's face it, it just wasn't funny. Most of the characters were so annoying you couldn't root for them. Here's hoping McFarlane doesn't try to come up with a replacement show and instead focuses on movies, his next frontier. The last thing we need on Sunday is another Family Guy Lite. The whole concept of cartoons aimed at adults is in a severe rut, with it's best days long behind them. If all these cartoons slowly went away I'd be mad at first, but I quickly would start to not miss them at all. Your thoughts?

To be honest I cant believe the show lasted as long as it did. I watched the first episode and didn't laugh once. I agree that he is the most uninteresting character they have on Family Guy. With the group he works well, alone he just isn't funny.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

this will not be missed by me

at all
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I have seen a few funny episodes... but it was removed from my DVR list a while back. Family Guy and American Dad are still both on my DVR to record. I'm sure they will just move him back onto Family Guy. I did like the character Kendra, the large woman on the motorized scooter. She made me laugh.
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

The fewer Seth McFarlane shows on TV, the better.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    The fewer Seth McFarlane shows on TV, the better.
    Yeah, I get the feeling that for a few years now, McFarlane hasn't really been trying with any of his shows. He realizes that his fans will meet him more than halfway on a joke and he's hit the cruise control on all his shows. He knows that all he has to do is present the same tired jokes, as long as he wraps them in "shock-value" attitude, his viewers will push themselves to laugh at them. Problem is, when you go for shock-value laughs it wears off quicker with time and you've got to keep going for bigger shocks to reach the same level of pleasure, and there's not that much room for bigger shocks on broadcast TV.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grinningidiot View Post
    Good. You take the most uninteresting character on Family Guy and give him his own show in a desperate attempt to reach a new demographic just because of his skin color. I gave this show a chance when it first came out, but let's face it, it just wasn't funny. Most of the characters were so annoying you couldn't root for them. Here's hoping McFarlane doesn't try to come up with a replacement show and instead focuses on movies, his next frontier. The last thing we need on Sunday is another Family Guy Lite. The whole concept of cartoons aimed at adults is in a severe rut, with it's best days long behind them. If all these cartoons slowly went away I'd be mad at first, but I quickly would start to not miss them at all. Your thoughts?
    I liked the show but not as much as Family Guy. Cleveland Jr was adorable though.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

I really enjoyed the Comic Con episode of Cleveland Show. The Die Hard spoof episode was decent too. Other than that I did not really enjoy Cleveland Show. I used to enjoy Seth McFarlane's stuff but I really don't find him all that funny anymore. Even Family Guy and American Dad are getting stale for me.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

I like Cleveland Show better than American Dad. However, I don't enjoy either much.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I don't know, M*A*S*H never got stale and that went on for 12 seasons
    I kind of enjoyed it but this is no great loss

I looked at it, said, "This was written by white people, wasn't it?"

And then watched it. A nd it was confirmed.

So, will Quagmire get his own show now? On HBO?

Heroic Warrior
    Let's face it, "raunchy" cartoons as a whole are just played out. Cartoons made for adults have been going downhill for a long time now. Using the same cliched comedy devices to try to get laughs. Adult Swim and Animation Domination should both either go to a premium cable channel and take it to the next level, go all out with whatever they all want to do, or just slowly fade away on broadcast TV and basic cable, because they can't do much more on either. When raunchy adult cartoons first came out way back when they were all cool because we weren't used to it, now that we are used to them all we're slowly but surely beginning to watch them and realize they're repeating themselves. They've all reached their low potential.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningidiot View Post
    Let's face it, "raunchy" cartoons as a whole are just played out. Cartoons made for adults have been going downhill for a long time now. Using the same cliched comedy devices to try to get laughs. Adult Swim and Animation Domination should both either go to a premium cable channel and take it to the next level, go all out with whatever they all want to do, or just slowly fade away on broadcast TV and basic cable, because they can't do much more on either. When raunchy adult cartoons first came out way back when they were all cool because we weren't used to it, now that we are used to them all we're slowly but surely beginning to watch them and realize they're repeating themselves. They've all reached their low potential.
    Heard of 'Archer'? It's Adult Swim, or more specifically Sealab 2021, gone mainstream. The entire world loves it, apparently. I watched a couple of episodes and grimaced because I'd seen it all before, and it was funny when I was 20 but now it's just stupid and predictable. But now that the mainstream has latched onto this genre, I'm afraid we're only getting started.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider1227 View Post
    I don't know, M*A*S*H never got stale and that went on for 12 seasons
    I kind of enjoyed it but this is no great loss
    Actually, it ran for 11 seasons and only had 255 episodes. That is close enough to 200 (and honestly, I can still deal with 300, but anymore is really pushing it).
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    If they were going to cancel any of the shows on Sunday night, it should been Bob's Burgers. Talk about absolute garbage.
    One giant robot's garbage is another man's treasure, I guess. I couldn't DISAGREE more. I enjoy the McFarlane stuff in general but I'll take the subtle absurdity of BB over any of them any day if the week. However, Cleveland was the least enjoyed of the bunch so I'm not sad to see it go.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    While I am surprised it wasn't canceled way back when, they canceled the wrong show. Simpsons is supposed to be the one getting canceled. I swear Fox has forgotten that show is still on the air.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I'm not surprised. Bring Cleveland back to family guy where he belongs...
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    While I am surprised it wasn't canceled way back when, they canceled the wrong show. Simpsons is supposed to be the one getting canceled. I swear Fox has forgotten that show is still on the air.
    Yeah Simpsons is tired n' old and needs to go.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.