Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cleveland Show Cancelled

Heroic Warrior

The Cleveland Show Cancelled

Good. You take the most uninteresting character on Family Guy and give him his own show in a desperate attempt to reach a new demographic just because of his skin color. I gave this show a chance when it first came out, but let's face it, it just wasn't funny. Most of the characters were so annoying you couldn't root for them. Here's hoping McFarlane doesn't try to come up with a replacement show and instead focuses on movies, his next frontier. The last thing we need on Sunday is another Family Guy Lite. The whole concept of cartoons aimed at adults is in a severe rut, with it's best days long behind them. If all these cartoons slowly went away I'd be mad at first, but I quickly would start to not miss them at all. Your thoughts?

To be honest I cant believe the show lasted as long as it did. I watched the first episode and didn't laugh once. I agree that he is the most uninteresting character they have on Family Guy. With the group he works well, alone he just isn't funny.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

this will not be missed by me

at all
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I have seen a few funny episodes... but it was removed from my DVR list a while back. Family Guy and American Dad are still both on my DVR to record. I'm sure they will just move him back onto Family Guy. I did like the character Kendra, the large woman on the motorized scooter. She made me laugh.
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

The fewer Seth McFarlane shows on TV, the better.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    The fewer Seth McFarlane shows on TV, the better.
    Yeah, I get the feeling that for a few years now, McFarlane hasn't really been trying with any of his shows. He realizes that his fans will meet him more than halfway on a joke and he's hit the cruise control on all his shows. He knows that all he has to do is present the same tired jokes, as long as he wraps them in "shock-value" attitude, his viewers will push themselves to laugh at them. Problem is, when you go for shock-value laughs it wears off quicker with time and you've got to keep going for bigger shocks to reach the same level of pleasure, and there's not that much room for bigger shocks on broadcast TV.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    If they were going to cancel any of the shows on Sunday night, it should been Bob's Burgers. Talk about absolute garbage.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grinningidiot View Post
    Good. You take the most uninteresting character on Family Guy and give him his own show in a desperate attempt to reach a new demographic just because of his skin color. I gave this show a chance when it first came out, but let's face it, it just wasn't funny. Most of the characters were so annoying you couldn't root for them. Here's hoping McFarlane doesn't try to come up with a replacement show and instead focuses on movies, his next frontier. The last thing we need on Sunday is another Family Guy Lite. The whole concept of cartoons aimed at adults is in a severe rut, with it's best days long behind them. If all these cartoons slowly went away I'd be mad at first, but I quickly would start to not miss them at all. Your thoughts?
    I liked the show but not as much as Family Guy. Cleveland Jr was adorable though.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

I really enjoyed the Comic Con episode of Cleveland Show. The Die Hard spoof episode was decent too. Other than that I did not really enjoy Cleveland Show. I used to enjoy Seth McFarlane's stuff but I really don't find him all that funny anymore. Even Family Guy and American Dad are getting stale for me.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

I like Cleveland Show better than American Dad. However, I don't enjoy either much.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    If they were going to cancel any of the shows on Sunday night, it should been Bob's Burgers. Talk about absolute garbage.
    One giant robot's garbage is another man's treasure, I guess. I couldn't DISAGREE more. I enjoy the McFarlane stuff in general but I'll take the subtle absurdity of BB over any of them any day if the week. However, Cleveland was the least enjoyed of the bunch so I'm not sad to see it go.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    While I am surprised it wasn't canceled way back when, they canceled the wrong show. Simpsons is supposed to be the one getting canceled. I swear Fox has forgotten that show is still on the air.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I'm not surprised. Bring Cleveland back to family guy where he belongs...
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    While I am surprised it wasn't canceled way back when, they canceled the wrong show. Simpsons is supposed to be the one getting canceled. I swear Fox has forgotten that show is still on the air.
    Yeah Simpsons is tired n' old and needs to go.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I absolutely adore Bob's Burgers. It always makes me laugh and it has heart.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningidiot View Post
    Yeah, I get the feeling that for a few years now, McFarlane hasn't really been trying with any of his shows. He realizes that his fans will meet him more than halfway on a joke and he's hit the cruise control on all his shows. He knows that all he has to do is present the same tired jokes, as long as he wraps them in "shock-value" attitude, his viewers will push themselves to laugh at them. Problem is, when you go for shock-value laughs it wears off quicker with time and you've got to keep going for bigger shocks to reach the same level of pleasure, and there's not that much room for bigger shocks on broadcast TV.
    I could not agree more. it's why I hated Ted, every joke in that movie he used multiple times in family guy one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I absolutely adore Bob's Burgers. It always makes me laugh and it has heart.
    Bob's Burgers has grown on me ina BIG way. I LOVE Gene!!

I still watch and enjoy the Simpsons, I get a bit annoyed because it's cool to call for it's head, sure it's not what it was in it's golden age but there are still gems in it, Way more than McFarlane's stuff IMO. It doesn't feel like McFarlane LOVES his characters, they exist only as a shocking joke delivery service. the only thing I look forward to in his shows are the He-Man references.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I liked the show, it had its moments. However, American Dad was superior. Hopefully, cleavland will be put back onto Family Guy now.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I actually liked the Cleveland Show. In my opinion Family Guy hasn't been funny since the 4th season and American Dad quickly degraded in quality as well. Now Bob's Burgers is the only thing worth watching on Fox.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

See, I thought Family Guy was much better when it came back, but it has always been hit or miss. American Dad was great from the end of Season 1 until the episode where Snot and Roger had *** with each other. I watched one episode of Bob's Burgers and never want to suffer through that thing again. The animation is terrible, the designs are awful, and it was not even remotely funny, just insulting.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Cybertronian Visitor transfan80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I watched one episode of Bob's Burgers and never want to suffer through that thing again. The animation is terrible, the designs are awful, and it was not even remotely funny, just insulting.
    I don't like it either. Aside from simply not finding it funny, I couldn't stand the main charaters at all. I never understood H. Jon Benjamin's appeal to begin with; everything I have ever heard him in has him sounding like he's bored and would rather be anywhere else but in a recording booth. His delivery is snore inducing and makes me want to fall asleep. Linda and Eugene come off as annoyances to me, and Tina is flat-out boring. And as much as I like Kristen Schaal, I absolutely hate Louise- waaaaaay too obnoxious.
    Be who you are, not what's cool.

Cleveland...watch it, don't mind it, but 3 does seem like too many essentially identical shows. I thought Rallo and Cleveland Jr. were the best characters to build an episode around and play off each other but they didn't do it as often as they should have.

American Dad...I find this show more funny than Family Guy quite often lately.

Bob's Burgers...finding its groove, like it.

Simpsons...should have died a decade ago.

Still, I guess if one has to go, Cleveland it is.

I do actually enjoy all 3 McFarlane's shows.
    I much rather prefer them than Napoleon Dynamite, Allen Gregory or Brickelberry cartoons
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello View Post
    Cleveland...watch it, don't mind it, but 3 does seem like too many essentially identical shows. I thought Rallo and Cleveland Jr. were the best characters to build an episode around and play off each other but they didn't do it as often as they should have.

American Dad...I find this show more funny than Family Guy quite often lately.

Bob's Burgers...finding its groove, like it.

Simpsons...should have died a decade ago.

Still, I guess if one has to go, Cleveland it is.
    Simpsons should have ended with Season 9 or 10. There should be a rule that states no show shall be allowed to last more than 10 seasons or 200 episodes, whichever comes first.

I don't know, M*A*S*H never got stale and that went on for 12 seasons
    I kind of enjoyed it but this is no great loss

I looked at it, said, "This was written by white people, wasn't it?"

And then watched it. A nd it was confirmed.

So, will Quagmire get his own show now? On HBO?