Thread: Shout Factory and Scream Factory

Heroic Warrior

Shout Factory and Scream Factory

Any fans of both? i am and Shout knows how to put retro shows on DVD like Swamp Thing, MST3K, Mr. Ed, Rocko's Modern Life, Transformers, MLP Friendship is Magic with others and some quality blu-rays to movies.

Scream Factory is an awesome co-company that does cult, sci-fi, horror and thriller films on DVD and even better, blu-ray. I've been buying their blu-rays since Halloween 2 and 3 collector's editions hit stores and i have those 2 with Prison, Deadly Blessing, Funhouse, From Beyond, Death Valley (1982), The Island (1980), Phantasm 2, The Vampire Lovers, They Live, Terrorvision & Video Dead double feature, The Nest (1988), Futureworld and Terror Train and all have superb picture/sound quality and nice extras even thought Nest and Island have only one extra but that's ok. They know how to please fans of Sci-fi/horror/thrillers like myself and brought never-before-released on DVD titles like Deadly Blessing, Terrorvision, Prision, Death Valley etc. for the first time on both formats and even made improved picture/sound quality with extras this time editions of previously bareboned DVDs like Phantasm 2, They Live, Halloweens 2/3 etc.

I can't wait for their next stuff this year like Q The Winged Serpent, X-Ray (aka Hospital Massacre0?Schizoid (1980) double feature, The Burning, Town That Dreaded Sundown (with Evictors), Lifeforce, The Howling, Ninja III, KnightRiders, The Incredible Melting Man (I hope this winter on the 29th boxset to MST3K that the MST3K version hits stores as well), The Fog, Dark Angel (1990), A Boy and His Dog (1975), Scanners 2 and 3 double feature, The Horror Show aka House III, Day of the Dead, Night of the Comet, Swamp Thing, The all-nighter horror marathon 4 pack DVD (containing the US cut of Lizard in a Woman Skin called Schizoid 1971 with Vagrant, Outing and The Godsend), and so much more.

I also can't wait for Shout's stuff like Crimewave blu-ray, Heavy Traffic Collector's edition blu-ray, Fat Albert and The Cosby Kids complete Series, Kentucky Fried movie Collector's Edition and so much mor including the next MST3K sets.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    They just keep bringing out the goodness don't they?
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Heroic Warrior
    Shout Factory is great in my book I only have a couple of their DVD sets and they're both awesome.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

I have a ton of their animated releases and a few live action ones. I wish they would have used the Shout! Select program to finish more of their retro animated shows that didn't sell enough in retail to get released in full. I'd like to see Conan the Adventurer finished and it would have been nice to have seen more DiC shows finished before they lost the license. It looks like now the only animation they are releasing anymore through it is the Nick shows which I have no interest in.

Cybertronian Visitor transfan80's Avatar
    Never purchased anything from the Scream Factory division, but Shout has been the main studio behind the growth of my collection lately. Power Rangers, VR Troopers, Transformers and GI Joe- they have too many good things to offer and I have too little money.
    Be who you are, not what's cool.

Heroic Warrior
    Can't also wait for Boy and His Dog (1975) Collector's Edition and Body Bags coming soon.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.