Thread: Fixes for Griffin back legs?

Fixes for Griffin back legs?

I tried searching several versions of the topic but no avail. Has anyone had any problems with the back legs on the Griffin coming off? It doesn't appear to be broken but the peg has popped out. I guess this could have also happened on Battle Cat & Panthor but haven't seen any fixes?

I contacted the guy I bought it from at C2E2 and he was willing to give me his order number but it was old and Matty would not offer an exchange or refund so looks like I am fxing it. Any help or ideas is much appreciated.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Pretty sure the left back leg came off of both of my griffins as soon as I took them out of the package and started freeing up the joints. I know for sure it happened with the one I bought when the customer service stock went up for sale (i.e. the second one). I just pushed it back in there really well and it seems to be holding, but I don't play around with it much. Pretty sure it'll just pop off again if I apply enough pressure, so I won't do that.

I'm just happy the paint stayed on the wings of that one, unlike my first one.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    I tried searching several versions of the topic but no avail. Has anyone had any problems with the back legs on the Griffin coming off? It doesn't appear to be broken but the peg has popped out. I guess this could have also happened on Battle Cat & Panthor but haven't seen any fixes?

I contacted the guy I bought it from at C2E2 and he was willing to give me his order number but it was old and Matty would not offer an exchange or refund so looks like I am fxing it. Any help or ideas is much appreciated.
    Heat up the socket of Griffin's legs with a hair dryer and once he's a bit softer, push the leg into place, it's the same with assembling Granamyr. One of my Griffin's legs were loose in the box, and I did this, and it has never come back off since. It Also works for putting the wings on and taking them off. Also works for disassembling Granamyr again.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!