Thread: Need help swapping parts

Need help swapping parts

To all the customizers out there, I'd like to swap the limbs from a Dragon Blaster Skeletor with a Battle Armor Skeletor. Arms, biceps and lower legs aren't the problem, but I'm really afraid to break up the torsos. Do you guys have any pics and/or video tutorials? I'd really appreciate it.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Well you can use either a hair dryer or hot water to soften the plastics and then and then carefully pull the limbs.
    "I'M THE SHADOW THAT MOVES ON THE WALLS"

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Yeah the torsos can be a serious pain in the ass. I've only done a couple, I started prying at the neck peg area with a small screwdriver and slowly working my way down into the arm socket area. But be careful not to stab yourself with the screwdriver unless you are into that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    Yeah the torsos can be a serious pain in the ass. I've only done a couple, I started prying at the neck peg area with a small screwdriver and slowly working my way down into the arm socket area. But be careful not to stab yourself with the screwdriver unless you are into that kind of thing.
    Thanks.

Can you tell me, if the screwdriver will leave any stress marks that are very notable? I mean, DB Skeletor shouldn't be a problem as long as he's got his armor on, but without it??
    Also, what about the crotch piece? Equally difficult or even more delicate?
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Most times it will unless the torso has very little glue, but you should be able to get rid of them by heating up the stressed area with a heat gun. I haven't split a crotch piece yet on MOTUC so I am unsure.

Thanks again.

I think I'll practice on an already defective figure before I start to work on the real deal.

I use the small screwdriver (flat head) method, but before prying it apart, I loosen it with a box knife blade by running it along the seam from top of the neck to the shoulder point. I also cut into the shoulder with the blade. It really helps loosen the glue and almost always prevents stress marks.

I do the same thing with the ab crunch piece by turning the figure so the sides are sticking over the front and back, then pushing the blade into the long parts. That's usually all it takes to pop it open, but if it requires more, my handy mini-flat head helps along the way.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistico View Post
    I use the small screwdriver (flat head) method, but before prying it apart, I loosen it with a box knife blade by running it along the seam from top of the neck to the shoulder point. I also cut into the shoulder with the blade. It really helps loosen the glue and almost always prevents stress marks.
    Sounds good! Any chance you could make some pics, next time you break up a torso?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    Sounds good! Any chance you could make some pics, next time you break up a torso?
    Sure. It may be a while though 'cause all my customs are either past that stage or didn't need it.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

I'm in no hurry, so take your time.

You can also use this method: Buzzy Fret's Figure Dismemberment.
    "I'M THE SHADOW THAT MOVES ON THE WALLS"

That's an awesome tutorial, but I'm skeptical that those holes wouldn't be noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by AREZ View Post
    You can also use this method: Buzzy Fret's Figure Dismemberment.
    Excellent tutorial, thank you.

I'm also concerned because of those holes, is there a part two??

Excellent tutorial, thank you.

I'm also concerned because of those holes, is there a part two??
    This is the best tutorial I have seen. I wish there was a little more detail, or an update with newer figures, but it is the best I have seen, and quite entertaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBe2XnBGL_M

These Tutorials keep getting better and better.

Thanks.

Can you tell me, if the screwdriver will leave any stress marks that are very notable? I mean, DB Skeletor shouldn't be a problem as long as he's got his armor on, but without it??
    Also, what about the crotch piece? Equally difficult or even more delicate?
    I've not really ever had the need to split a crotch apart....all of them are pretty much universal, and fairy easy to paint assembled. I've just split the chest & abs, and the abs are a bigger pain that the chest. I've always been able to sand out any deformation from a screwdriver, and paint hides it easily, but it's not overly pretty if you don't intend to paint.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!