Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU / DC Crossover Comic Mini-Series #1 Discussion

The helmet looks like it has nostrils so maybe it is a giant skull deal or simply has odd ridges sculpted. I do see Anti Monitor or Apokolips influences. My hope is that he actually does lay out both sides of heroes. IMO villains should be larger than the hero so his size is a huge plus to me. Will be grabbing number 1 tomorrow for sure

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    The helmet looks like it has nostrils so maybe it is a giant skull deal or simply has odd ridges sculpted. I do see Anti Monitor or Apokolips influences. My hope is that he actually does lay out both sides of heroes. IMO villains should be larger than the hero so his size is a huge plus to me. Will be grabbing number 1 tomorrow for sure
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but issue 1 got pushed back to Sept 4th.

Cool!!!
    To custom 200x!!!
    Check out marktron's MOTU CUTSOMS photos and profile! http://fearlessphotog.deviantart.com/

To me, this is clearly Skeletor merged with the Anti-Monitor to create an "Ultimate Baddy" for the heroes of both universes. The heroes settle their differences to tackle the combined evil of both of their worlds. This isn't any sort of new permanent redesign, it's just a common comic crossover thing.
    Last edited by FakeEyes22; August 27, 2013 at 11:17pm. Reason: add photo

+

=

What uninspired poorly designed tripe. Even if it is like this because of a plot arc, it looks terrible. Just like all of the rest of it. The Mighty Spector has been given a run for his money by this comic book. At least Scott was not a professional in the comic industry.

i disagree , i think this is EPIC!

its new media, new art, new ideas, HE Man has new Armor why wouldn't skeletor.

Lets give a chance and see where this goes.

STOP ALL THE HATING!!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    "Hate" is all I seem to see when it concerns the new comic book. DC Comics doesn't have to make any Masters of the Universe stuff for anyone if they really don't want to. Enough hate perpetuated across the internet and DC might finally hear it and pull the entire series if they see fit. As I've been saying since summer of 2012, just be happy we get a new He-Man ANYTHING.
    And THAT is why we continue to get garbage...because there are those that won't ask for better.

I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup & puke a better story that we're being given...

I'd PREFER no comic to this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    I don't buy everything with the MOTU logo on it either. I haven't even bought a single figure from the MOTUC line mostly due to the ridiculous pricing. Yeah, there are some at Big Lots now, but I don't plan on finding the out of the way Big Lots store to go figure hunting. Those days are over.

Who the hell is Tuskador? Some video game character?

Most likely. And, besides, DC shouldn't be getting all of the hate from those who hate the new comic. According to Pop Mhan, the new armor for He-Man came from Mattel so I wouldn't doubt if Skeletor's armor also came from the same source.
    DC says its Mattel's design.
    Mattel says it's DC's direction.

Nobody is claiming it because THEY KNOW IT TO BE LESS THAN REFUSE.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post
    And THAT is why we continue to get garbage...because there are those that won't ask for better.

I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup & puke a better story that we're being given...

I'd PREFER no comic to this.
    Yes you've said that numerous times already. We get it u hate DC's canon of MOTU. Do you really think your opinion will change DC's direction? Seems with all the feedback DC is still moving forward and changing more and more of the original MOTU. So really it's kinda pointless to mention the same things over and over again. If your not a fan of DC's canon that fine it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Terrible, awful, dreadful... oh and horrific. I think that about covers Skeletor's new look. I'm sorry, it's just not Skeletor to me. It's some over dramatized, purple....... thing. DC, you failed.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

looks cool and interesting to me. But I'm not a comic book guru. My fav. He-Man stories will always be the first 4 mini-comics. But new directions are interesting and worth looking at just for the fun of it. I mean look at the first 4 mini's and then to Filmation... Nothing that DC has done even comes close to how much MOTU changed from the those first stories to the cartoon... NOTHING! He-Man went from a barbarian that lived in a stone hut that he made with his own 2 hands, to a Prince that lived in a Palace that had a weird jester / magician from another planet and his Battle Cat was a talking, scared tiger... SERIOUSLY???? So bag your hating, because DC's changes to MOTU don't even come close to what has happened in the past... and guess what? I have a Filmation subscription!!! Why? cuz I like that too... as I said it's all fun... why not?
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

As a comic veteran of many years, I will not pass judgment. It is cover art for crying out loud. There is a long tradition of amalgamated looks for characters, especially if that amalgamation implies a lot of power to the villain. It only serves the story; to anyone who does not like the look, remember it is likely to be temporary. Don't get your knickers in a twist. Does no one remember Dark Kahn from DCU vs. MK? Video game, yes, but still applicable analogy.

At first I was thinking Skele-monitor too. However, it looks more like a mix-in of Imperiex than the Anti-monitor too me. Maybe?
    Last edited by Odie1Knobe; August 28, 2013 at 08:40am.

Quote Originally Posted by CAIRO View Post
    STOP ALL THE HATING!!
    You're right.

+

=

was a much cooler way to go, but it had already been done, so I guess we can just settle for hey, whats going on!

You can't cross over that guy from that universe into..

Stop that! How are we supposed to make this comic when the perfect design for this character was made more than 20 years ago and the crossover just happened....

Seriously, I am glad you like this stuff but I don't have time for this. I tried to give the original reboot some consideration, but this crossover is just, well, its been done and better many ways.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; August 28, 2013 at 12:05am.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
    Yes you've said that numerous times already. We get it u hate DC's canon of MOTU. Do you really think your opinion will change DC's direction? Seems with all the feedback DC is still moving forward and changing more and more of the original MOTU. So really it's kinda pointless to mention the same things over and over again. If your not a fan of DC's canon that fine it's not everyone's cup of tea.
    Because as long as this unimaginative tripe is what we're being force-fed as the ONLY MOTU media, I'll keep demanding better.

Maybe it does no good, but I do find it interesting that so many share my opinion.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    looks cool and interesting to me. But I'm not a comic book guru. My fav. He-Man stories will always be the first 4 mini-comics. But new directions are interesting and worth looking at just for the fun of it. I mean look at the first 4 mini's and then to Filmation... Nothing that DC has done even comes close to how much MOTU changed from the those first stories to the cartoon... NOTHING! He-Man went from a barbarian that lived in a stone hut that he made with his own 2 hands, to a Prince that lived in a Palace that had a weird jester / magician from another planet and his Battle Cat was a talking, scared tiger... SERIOUSLY???? So bag your hating, because DC's changes to MOTU don't even come close to what has happened in the past... and guess what? I have a Filmation subscription!!! Why? cuz I like that too... as I said it's all fun... why not?
    U are a wise man. Great points made in ur statements. I applaud you good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but issue 1 got pushed back to Sept 4th.
    Well crap...

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Well crap...
    For those who do enjoy DC's canon of MOTU there is a fan page devoted It. Check it out

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DC-Ne...93318480768837

I love the new comics. I have them in my box along with the other 5 titles I collect. These are my favorite. That being said...Tuskaskelly is a little ridiculous.

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)

Seriously, what's going on there?

While the new costume has some redeeming elements, it seems mostly bland and uninspired to my eyes. I always like dome-headed dudes, so that part's kinda cool. The horns would be cool if they didn't look so odd.

I think the plated leg armour is boring and the ripped chainmail sleeves and yellow accents are like, "What?" He needs something around his wrists, IMO and something to break up the solid purple (besides random YELLOW bits).

It seems the new directive is, "Listen, you do whatever you want with the design, but whatever you do...NO thighs or midriffs!"

I don't care what the story is behind the change... It makes my eyes bleed.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Bwahaha! Okay now DC is just trolling everyone.

"Can you give Skeletor a stupider design? No... stupider than that. C'mon... STUPIDER!!"

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Come on, this isn't any more sillier than any of the 200X or Vintage Skeletor variants. As some have mentioned, it is most likely a new look for this story.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Something about don't judging a book by its cover? Seems perfect in this case.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Something about don't judging a book by its cover? Seems perfect in this case.

I've always found that an odd saying as a books cover is exactly what you are supposed to judge the book by to decide if you want to buy and read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I've always found that an odd saying as a books cover is exactly what you are supposed to judge the book by to decide if you want to buy and read it.
    Lol, good point. A cover should be an incentive to flip through a book which is why it's a good thing to show this new Skeletor on the cover. It makes people wonder why he looks hat way and they'll look inside which we can't do just yet. But before we get into a discussion if this is a good cover or not, what I am really getting at is that people are saying they dislike this crossover eventhough they read exactly 0 pages. People should wait untill they know what it's about before they pass judgement.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I'm gonna try to be constructive here...

With all of these DC redesigns... I would just like to know if there's a compelling reason for the outfit changes. (Keep in mind I've not read the most recent book, still waiting on the mailman for that one.)

If there's a purpose and a story to the armor (and lack of jaw?) Then cool. I look forward to that story.

If it's just... "Hey look at our new Skeletor design!" Just because some guy wanted to change an icon, and only honor the original design with color? Meh... Then it's just not how I would like to see Skeletor. It's far enough removed from what Skeletor is, that it's a whole new character.

And maybe that's what they're after? Who knows?

Yes, my initial reaction is that I'm not wild about it. But I'm game to give the story a shot and see why they're doing what they're doing.

We do know, that this is a "return from the dead" Sort of Skeletor, so change is expected... To be fair.
    Agree with you, i will wait to read the comic first even though im not a fan of the direction they are taking with all of the costume changes. Sometimes less is more. Not a fan of the tusks either, maybe there is a purpose.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Yeah, he is definitely Tusakador-esque.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I'd just like to say, calling that "Tuskador-esque" is an insult to Tuskador.
    You are right. I will take 20 ruler lashings to the hands now. lol.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!