Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU / DC Crossover Comic Mini-Series #1 Discussion

Sigh... a shame Marvel isn't making MOTU comics. DC doesn't have a clue.

Chewer of Trollans
    Yes, the Anti-Monitor!
    If Skeletor's costume is indeed a nod to his benefactor, then the costume change is temporary and entirely organic (As in, part of the plot). Which is fine. And it means there's no reason to complain about it. It would be like complaining about the time Spider-man wore a bag over his head for one issue. It just doesn't qualify as a major design change in the character.

Heroic Warrior
    Last edited by nuno; September 3, 2013 at 05:36pm.

I don't like the regular comic. IT IS NOT MOTU!

As for the second issue cover which was kept in secret for weeks now, because they did'nt want to reveal this design of skeletor, I'm really disapointed!

From what we can see, Skeletor played with the ram stone from the Faceless One, and he turned to this.... Oh great!!

This serie is 6 issues long... This may be enough...
    Musclor

http://www.maitresdelunivers.org aka http://www.musclor.fr.st : open!!!

Good deals with : Markatisu , Bigdaddy51200 , Hopebrady , Zodak74 , Lady Angora , 10incher

Click here to watch my feedbacks

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
    Yes you've said that numerous times already. We get it u hate DC's canon of MOTU. Do you really think your opinion will change DC's direction? Seems with all the feedback DC is still moving forward and changing more and more of the original MOTU. So really it's kinda pointless to mention the same things over and over again. If your not a fan of DC's canon that fine it's not everyone's cup of tea.
    We get Teela's blonde hair turned to red with NO explanation as to why, Teela's terrible reaction to Mekaneck surviving was explained and now Teela seems to be getting toned down in attitude. Hell, even her skimpy costume was changed. Fans thought that it was too revealing while everyone else is covered up, especially He-Man.

He-Man's new costume might get by because some casual fans want to see him with pants on, while hardcore fans might hate it. Older fans might be intrigued for a few issues.

Skeletor's look might be temporary. I can't see him continuing on without a jaw. As soon as he gets his ass kicked in issue six, he might revert back to "normal".

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    I still wish they kept Teela blonde. It was a nice nod to her pre-Filmation days and the 80s DC Comics miniseries.

Quote Originally Posted by musclor.fr.st View Post
    I don't like the regular comic. IT IS NOT MOTU!

As for the second issue cover which was kept in secret for weeks now, because they did'nt want to reveal this design of skeletor, I'm really disapointed!

From what we can see, Skeletor played with the ram stone from the Faceless One, and he turned to this.... Oh great!!

This serie is 6 issues long... This may be enough...
    I'm not sure if you are referring to the cover shown in this thread, but if you are this one isn't part of the regular series. It's a cross over comic.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder if Skeletor's new look comes from whatever Orko or Shadow Weaver did to him in the last comic

I have a simple answer for this...

Skeletor must've lost a bet.

As others have mentioned, I get an Anti-Monitor vibe. It's possible Skeletor is infused with the Anti-Monitor's essence via some form of magic (or something of that nature) and that is part of the reason for the DC cross-over into the MOTU universe.

Skeletor's had numerous variations in costume over the years (good and bad), and while this isn't my personal favorite I suspect this is one of them specific to the plot of this story.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    As others have mentioned, I get an Anti-Monitor vibe. It's possible Skeletor is infused with the Anti-Monitor's essence via some form of magic (or something of that nature) and that is part of the reason for the DC cross-over into the MOTU universe.

Skeletor's had numerous variations in costume over the years (good and bad), and while this isn't my personal favorite I suspect this is one of them specific to the plot of this story.
    Exactly! God-Skeletor is not one of my favorite incarnations. That was just a "powered up" version that didn't resemble Skeletor (Gold with a Shokoti-esque headdress).

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    Is that Teela in the background with new armour too?
    Yes--and that's a redesign I actively like. It homages her father, it's a nice design, and it shows off far less skin than her previous DC incarnations.

Heroic Warrior
    For some reason Teela reminds me of Maxima on the cover.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I don't think it's a bad design, but it isn't Skeletor. Do DC hate MOTU? They seem to want to change every design and personality. Why not let a creative team who care about the property make a comic.
    Well Mattel doesn't really care all that much either, so I doubt they'd go looking for a comics team that would care. Bling bling bling.

JVS3 ... so diplomatic :-) ... but honestly, is this tuskator'ish version better than Window-Skeletor aka Disk of Doom Skeletor or Saturday-Night-Skeli?

I do not like the design – but I'll wait for the story before I judge.

Cheers,
    klf

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I don't know (or much care) if it is Mattel telling DC what to do or if DC or just trying to be "clever" but what is the problem with having the characters look like themselves?

Why can't we get a comic where this guy

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...an_b_large.jpg

fights this guy

http://www.cedmagic.com/featured/he-man/skeletor.jpg

is that really too much to ask?
    I cannot agree with you more. Why take something iconic and then change it... it would be like deciding Vader should now be green. Lame.
    Say cheese!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Something about don't judging a book by its cover? Seems perfect in this case.
    I'm not sure that applies to comic books
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I'm not sure that applies to comic books
    It's really doesn't. Comic books are always judged by their covers. If the cover is striking enough, a casual fan will pick it up and might thumb through it.

The only time it doesn't work is when hardcore fans will pick up a title no matter who draws or writes the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Garbage. Just another pointless change in order to create controversy, to generate discussion.
    You are wrong. Every incarnation of MOTU is visually distinct. Filmation was different, NA and 200x are different, and 2013 DCU is different.

I tire of the hyperbole.

Long Live He-Man in any canon..... Not crazy about the design but as of late I think one thing dc has right is making Skeletor bigger than He-Man . Skeletor should always be a threat . I just want DC to get the personalities of the characters right.. & show why He-Man is the Most powerful (man) in multiple UNIVERSE'S!

Well I guess it could be worse.....Tuskaskelly coulda been wearing a shiny purple sports bra with a shark on his back and wolverine gloves......er........wait.........

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    You are wrong. Every incarnation of MOTU is visually distinct. Filmation was different, NA and 200x are different, and 2013 DCU is different.
    True, except that 200x was just a restylized version of the vintage/Filmation designs. Frankly NA is the least popular incarnation in no small part due to the radically different look.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by tenno View Post
    Yes, the Anti-Monitor!
    If Skeletor's costume is indeed a nod to his benefactor, then the costume change is temporary and entirely organic (As in, part of the plot). Which is fine. And it means there's no reason to complain about it. It would be like complaining about the time Spider-man wore a bag over his head for one issue. It just doesn't qualify as a major design change in the character.
    I'd agree with you if this were the first time they'd changed something to, imho, horrible effect. But there's a pretty long, growing list of this kind of change that many of the fans don't won't or like. And if this is just a temporary outfit, it would be ok as long as Skeletor was returning to a costume the fan base was more or less on board with. But I don't think that's true either.

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    True, except that 200x was just a restylized version of the vintage/Filmation designs. Frankly NA is the least popular incarnation in no small part due to the radically different look.
    I agree with you on this. 200x wasn't a departure from what we'd known before. NA was a departure. All this new DC stuff feels, to me, to be a departure, not an evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by he-ron View Post
    Long Live He-Man in any canon..... Not crazy about the design but as of late I think one thing dc has right is making Skeletor bigger than He-Man . Skeletor should always be a threat . I just want DC to get the personalities of the characters right.. & show why He-Man is the Most powerful (man) in multiple UNIVERSE'S!
    I don't agree. Skeletor is a threat as a magic user to a primarily physical fighter--a wizard shows up to a sword fight and throws fireballs and lightning bolts. He-Man has strength and battle prowess, but he lacks the variety of things that Skeletor can do. A great way to see this is how powerful Evil-Lyn was in the second episode when Ram Man and Mekaneck were running up on her and she nuked them with a spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Filmation doesn't equal Vintage designs. Filmation is a more simplistic version of the more detailed Vintage designs, while 200X was an even more detailed version of the Vintage designs.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Well I guess it could be worse.....Tuskaskelly coulda been wearing a shiny purple sports bra with a shark on his back and wolverine gloves......er........wait.........
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.