Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU / DC Crossover Comic Mini-Series #1 Discussion

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Filmation doesn't equal Vintage designs. Filmation is a more simplistic version of the more detailed Vintage designs, while 200X was an even more detailed version of the Vintage designs.
    As you say, Filmation is a more simple VERSION of the VINTAGE designs, while 200x was a more detailed VERSION of the VINTAGE designs. Same costumes and basic look, different level of detail and art style. Are you claiming the He-Man and Skeletor on the cover is the same situation?
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

This is not Skeletor !! its not even a redesign !! I can't believe what DC is doing to MOTU
    they are trying to hype up anything and everything .. well its not working!! Mattel please give MOTU to Marvel!!

Heroic Warrior
    what? what is that cover?! no way.

Quote Originally Posted by FakeEyes22 View Post
    To me, this is clearly Skeletor merged with the Anti-Monitor to create an "Ultimate Baddy" for the heroes of both universes. The heroes settle their differences to tackle the combined evil of both of their worlds. This isn't any sort of new permanent redesign, it's just a common comic crossover thing.http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/...psc269e27f.jpg
    I agree, nice deduction
    Check out marktron's MOTU CUTSOMS photos and profile! http://fearlessphotog.deviantart.com/

To be perfectly honest, that new DC logo still sucks.

Yep I´m 33 but there is some guys with brain of 70
    Check out marktron's MOTU CUTSOMS photos and profile! http://fearlessphotog.deviantart.com/

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post
    And THAT is why we continue to get garbage...because there are those that won't ask for better.

I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup & puke a better story that we're being given...

I'd PREFER no comic to this.
    Then, my advice is don't read it. Reading and following this book is only going to upset you and the rest of those who constantly despise the DC book. Logically, why read a comic book and follow the news feeds that are merely going to keep making these fans upset? You're not going to get the MOTU book you want from DC and they aren't going to just drop what plans they have and take a TARDIS back to 1983 and make MOTU completely the way it was before. Back stepping for the sake of a segment of fandom that cannot accept change would just be a stupid move.

DC says its Mattel's design.
    Mattel says it's DC's direction.

Nobody is claiming it because THEY KNOW IT TO BE LESS THAN REFUSE.
    Still no logical excuse for people to get so worked up about it.

Still don't know what the hell a Tuskador is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rou-man View Post
    This is not Skeletor !! its not even a redesign !! I can't believe what DC is doing to MOTU
    they are trying to hype up anything and everything .. well its not working!! Mattel please give MOTU to Marvel!!
    LOL!! Who is to say Marvel would treat an MOTU for the 21st century better than DC? I haven't read Marvel books in years due to the crap they pulled in the past. I mean, look at the cringe worthy thing they did to Spider-Man just a few months ago. I'll watch Marvel movies but avoid the books like the black plague.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Then, my advice is don't read it. .... Back stepping for the sake of a segment of fandom that cannot accept change would just be a stupid move.

...Still no logical excuse for people to get so worked up about it.
    The reason he is worked up about it is that the DC comics are the only media that represents MOTU right now and he thinks it is tarnishing its image. It is not that the look is new and different than vintage, but that it is TERRIBLE. 200x was a way different redesign, but it was a GOOD redesign, it used GOOD principles of design while retaining the vintage feel. I believe what he and I and others are saying is, different and GOOD would be more tolerable than what we have received here, which is different and POOR. Fairly simple.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Skeletor's had numerous variations in costume over the years (good and bad), and while this isn't my personal favorite I suspect this is one of them specific to the plot of this story.
    Exactly. This is more than likely the way it’s going to be.

So he's fused with Black Mass?

- - - Updated - - -

And Mammothman?

Although I am cool with the new He-Man armor, not feeling Skeletor.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

A lot of the improvements we've seen in MOTUC for example have only come after years of more or less constant grousing. I say if you dislike these comics, keep raising a ruckus. There needs to be some type of checks and balances in place or Mattel would run MOTU completely off the rails. Normally voting with your wallet is a natural check and balance, but not with MOTU. If they don't make a profit they blame the fans and take their toys/comics and go home.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    As you say, Filmation is a more simple VERSION of the VINTAGE designs, while 200x was a more detailed VERSION of the VINTAGE designs. Same costumes and basic look, different level of detail and art style. Are you claiming the He-Man and Skeletor on the cover is the same situation?
    Nope, never mentioned the current New 52 designs (Armored He-Man, Skele-Monitor, Teela-At-Arms). Those are all new costumes altogether, as opposed to the original New 52 designs which looked somewhat similar to the original costumes.

Just noting that Filmation was a stylistically different take as well.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

It's... well... OK.
    Did Skeletor put them to sleep?
    Last edited by goldschool; August 28, 2013 at 09:57pm.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    No. He bored them to death with his new design...
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I don't even know. I am trying to like this....I really am...but they are making it REAL hard. Skeletor now has tusks...but why tusks, and not, oh say, a beak? A beak would be far more sinister....right?....I quit. I mean, I'll buy it...but I quit.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Um, I like the new look (maybe not my favorite, but I simply LOVE new interpretations...). And I LOVE the new DC logo.

To each their own I suppose.
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I don't even know. I am trying to like this....I really am...but they are making it REAL hard. Skeletor now has tusks...but why tusks, and not, oh say, a beak? A beak would be far more sinister....right?....I quit. I mean, I'll buy it...but I quit.
    Skeletor is blue, cartoon elephants are often blue, so maybe that was the genius idea? Skeletor's legs and feet also look monstrously large and dispraportionate to his body, so maybe those are elephant inspired too.

I feel compelled to throw in my two cents. Just kinda wondering why this new costume immediately made me think of this guy...

SkullgrinPretender.jpg

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    I'm thinking I'm going to pick-up the new DC vs MOTU series just to see what the hells going on.

My immediate thought on seeing Skeletor's new purple armour is that Brainiac is his new mentor. I'm thinking DC/Mattel would pit a combined MOTU and Justice League team against regular villains of their respective universes for optimum effect.

Also, I'm not sure if it means anything but there are 5 members of the Justice League, but only 4 members of the MOTU team shown on the cover. Is a member of the MOTU team missing? Stratos, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by goldschool View Post
    Did Skeletor put them to sleep?
    This is what I thought too. Its seems most obvious in the way that Teela and Wonder Woman are drawn. Both look like they have fallen asleep rather than being dazed or knocked unconscious.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torak View Post
    ?! Skeletor looks nothing like that guy.

The reason he is worked up about it is that the DC comics are the only media that represents MOTU right now and he thinks it is tarnishing its image. It is not that the look is new and different than vintage, but that it is TERRIBLE. 200x was a way different redesign, but it was a GOOD redesign, it used GOOD principles of design while retaining the vintage feel. I believe what he and I and others are saying is, different and GOOD would be more tolerable than what we have received here, which is different and POOR. Fairly simple.
    And Filmation didn't tarnish the MOTU image? Hence why MOTU has been treated like a joke in Hollywood for the past 30 years because all they think of when they think of He-Man is a muscle bound goof ball. The MYP cartoon did some justice to the original MOTU concept but still not enough. I think the new DC book is taking MOTU in a more adventure/action direction on par with some of the more well known franchises out there. The new book doesn't have to be kid friendly since kids didn't give a rip when MOTU was revived in 2002 and they wouldn't give a rip now.

The new designs are a way to inject some new into the franchise. And I think fans can probably relax since that Skeletor probably isn't going to be his permanent design. And, even if it turns out to be so, big deal. Skeletor has gone through just as many changes in appearance over the years as He-Man has. I mean, Mattel even made that ridiculous Skeletor figure in 2004 with the extending snake arms. I didn't throw an unholy fit over that because I chalked it up to just being another variant look that wasn't going to be permanent.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

There's been a lot of variations of Skeletor over the years, but at least you could still recognize him as Skeletor...
    this dreadful atrocity is nothing but a lazy design and lack of creativity... it's TERRIBLE...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    There's been a lot of variations of Skeletor over the years, but at least you could still recognize him as Skeletor...
    this dreadful atrocity is nothing but a lazy design and lack of creativity... it's TERRIBLE...
    I knew who it was when I first saw the photo. Just sayin!

I'm fine with the new comic and the new interpretations. I think the comic is just as good most comics out there. Not blowing me away but hey, I have high standards now. Still, I am enjoying He-Man. Some of the reactions here are comical.
    Visit me and be my friend...I like friends...LOL

http://www.facebook.com/MisterDeeJay2KX