Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 525 of 776

Thread: MOTU / DC Crossover Comic Mini-Series #1 Discussion

  1. #501
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,459
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I think a big start to getting these done right is to get Giffen off them. He may be okay on regular superhero fare (tho I am yet to find something of his that I think is more entertaining to look at then used loo paper) but he certainly is not the right fit for MOTU as he is butchering the characters that we all know and love.
    I don't think it's all Giffen. It's like blaming Darth Vader, when you should go after Palpatine. People at Mattel tell DC what to put in the comic.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    ya the 200x versions of our heroes were still recognizable. They were simply updated, more intricate and detailed but still retained the core appearance of the characters which meant you could tell instantly who they were.
    A 200X story that is impressive to this day is Lioncourt. He could tell who the characters were from TOUCH and he can't see. That was a great testament to those designs.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  2. #502
    Born A Monster wolfsfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,312
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I don't think it's all Giffen. It's like blaming Darth Vader, when you should go after Palpatine. People at Mattel tell DC what to put in the comic.
    Yes Mattel is as just as much to blame as Giffen and the editors over at DC, but if Giffen was truly a good fit for this comic he could still make something worth reading, something in which a beloved and well known character is not reduced to a foul mouthed, ill tempered, blood thirsty, arrogant, hateful, spiteful little *****.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

    and if you get the chance

    Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

  3. #503
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,459
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    why did he need to make a new power sword? Was it to become even more powerful? Well if it is , that is just really stupid. He is already the "most powerful man in the universe". In the MOTU universe he is pretty much the epitome of power and in fact I believe in one issue of this comic series he says that he "is the power"

    So why does he need a power boost? It's like saying eternity is a pretty long time but it needs to be longer
    Since MYP, the most powerful man in the universe is a position that always has to be defended. There are always new threats. As Skeletor, Hordak, King Hsss, etc. learn more devastating ways to fight He-Man or kill him, He-Man must also get better as well.

    Personally, I treat the new sword and armor like NA He-Man's lightsaber-esque sword. Too bad they didn't say the sword merely changed shape and granted He-Man new armor like the NA stuff.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  4. #504
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    What I am referring to is quality. Weather the 200x stuff is to your liking or not there is not doubt that it is of a high quality. The Four Horsemen understand MOTU and its shows in how they thought things through.

    The DC MOTU comic redesigns are not of a high quality and seem nothing more than redesign for redesign sake.
    Not that I disagree personally, but you do realize that is opinion and not fact, don't you? I doubt that those who don't like 200x would say "200x is really amazing, with top notch storylines and designs. However, I must be really weird, because I don't care for it. "
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

    DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

    My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

  5. #505
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    ya the 200x versions of our heroes were still recognizable. They were simply updated, more intricate and detailed but still retained the core appearance of the characters which meant you could tell instantly who they were.

    ALSO

    why did he need to make a new power sword? Was it to become even more powerful? Well if it is , that is just really stupid. He is already the "most powerful man in the universe". In the MOTU universe he is pretty much the epitome of power and in fact I believe in one issue of this comic series he says that he "is the power"

    So why does he need a power boost? It's like saying eternity is a pretty long time but it needs to be longer
    Agreed entirely; I found the reforging of the Sword a very contrived scene indeed - and pointless too - except as a way of clumsily shoe-horning into the narrative an innovation directed from above.

    So He-Man is Siegfried now, is he? He reforges the Sword in the Magic Fire (accompanied, no doubt, by a heavy soundtrack from Herr Wagner....) and gets not only a bigger blade (and why?) but also a brand new shiny romper-suit! Honestly, it reads like bad parody.

    The suit and sword are connected with King Grayskull, we are told - who Giffen sets about 10,000 years in the past (as usual - massive inflation of numbers is a hallmark of weak narrative) - and yet it's all super hi-tech. And shiny - and just like IronMan - and complete with extraneous accretions like tassets (flapping thigh guards) yet with scarcely any more torso protection than if he were still going about in his traditional outfit. One thing is certain; whichever ego at Mattel created that suit, he knew nothing whatsoever about armour. And it's all so silly; since HM is what he is, then how can a smidgeon more armour in a few places actually make any difference to the outcome of his fights? Think about it.
    It all comes across as another ego-trip for some executive marketer - and seeking to enforce it via these comics is simply pointless in the long-term.

    And one other thing; Skeletor ruled over Eternia and held Castle Grayskull for some time while his enemies were all (temporarily) disposed of with a jolly convenient little amnesia spell on He-Man alone - and I won't go into just what a pathetic plot contrivance that is... But Skeletor ransacks the place at leisure - and has no inkling whatsoever of the existence of the Magic Fire beneath his clawed feet - because he is, as we all know, a simpleton!
    I mean, he didn't think to kill off his enemies while he had them where he wanted them, did he? No - woodcutting was sure to work...

    These type of black holes in plotting make Filmation at its most contrived and corny look like Tolkien's magnum opus by comparison.

  6. #506
    Master of Good Hair Eamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Irish but live in UK
    Posts
    16,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Not that I disagree personally, but you do realize that is opinion and not fact, don't you? I doubt that those who don't like 200x would say "200x is really amazing, with top notch storylines and designs. However, I must be really weird, because I don't care for it. "
    I never said amazing. I said high quality. You may not like the designs of 200x but there's no denying that it's of a high quality.

    I understand that twisting my words is rather popular on this thread but I would appreciate if folks would stop doing it. Thanks!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

  7. #507
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    The DC MOTU comic redesigns are not of a high quality and seem nothing more than redesign for redesign sake. There appears to be little brand awareness or indeed who these characters and why they worked so well in the first place.
    You should just go ahead and remove MOTU from that statement, as what you said is the entire foundation of the N52 at DC.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  8. #508
    Heroic Warrior MAXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Frelling Germany
    Posts
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
    I mean, he didn't think to kill off his enemies while he had them where he wanted them, did he? No - woodcutting was sure to work...
    Indeed, with all this bloodshed and so called realism in this series it makes no sense that he kept them alive... Before it all happened he probably explained to the heroes his plan. Oh, it wasn't his plan, right, it's the little blue person for wich he now is the just a lackey to.

  9. #509
    Master of Good Hair Eamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Irish but live in UK
    Posts
    16,274
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    You should just go ahead and remove MOTU from that statement, as what you said is the entire foundation of the N52 at DC.
    Well out of the 22 of New 52 that I got, only three I have kept reading and I know one is the best selling comic at the moment and that's Batman which i think is utterly brilliant. I loves me Aquaman too butt sad that Ivan Reis left as that dude could draw for Ireland!

    I never read DC before so I have nothing to compare it to but I know many folks share your opinion.

    All I know is that DC Vrs MOTU is the lowest standard of comic I have seen a long time.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

  10. #510
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Well out of the 22 of New 52 that I got, only three I have kept reading and I know one is the best selling comic at the moment and that's Batman which i think is utterly brilliant.
    Batman isn't "the best selling comic" but it's one of the top sellers at the moment. IMO, I agree that it's a great comic from the little I've read.

    As far as who held the top spot each month this year, August was Infinity. Superman Unchained held the top spot for June and July. X-Men was top spot for May. Batman got the top spot for April. But before that, Guardians of the Galaxy for March. Justice League of America for February. And Superior Spider-Man for January.

    I loves me Aquaman too butt sad that Ivan Reis left as that dude could draw for Ireland!
    What th-? Is that an Irish saying? If so, I may adopt that.

  11. #511
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    367
    Yeah Snyder's Batman is the best DC book right now, in my opinion. I also think Wonder Woman is right up there.

  12. #512
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Well out of the 22 of New 52 that I got, only three I have kept reading and I know one is the best selling comic at the moment and that's Batman which i think is utterly brilliant.
    Batman is also one of two comics (along with Green Lantern) that essentially ignored the New 52 and mostly continued telling the stories it was telling before the relaunch.

  13. #513
    Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Thats a rather loaded comment , full of your own opinion and blanket statemnets and kinda flies in the face of your agenda here doesn't it?
    I never described anything in such harsh terms yet I am being lectured by you on being harsh on what is very much seen as a substandard comic?! That's not fair and I think with that you lost your argument.
    Your opinion.

    The DC book has changed it loads honestly. That's what all this fuss is about.
    Violence and brutality is not the mark of quality as you seem to think when you refer to as "broadening the world".
    There was no barriers of the old. The lack of violence or brutality is not a barrier to creativity and good stories like you think it is.
    There were barriers because it always seemed like if the version of MOTU being presented was close to Filmation, fandom were okay with it. Try something new that deviates away from Filmation and fandom has a hissy fit. Filmation wasn't the first incarnation of MOTU and shouldn't have to be adhered to in any of the revamps of MOTU. MYP MOTU, even though it had a lot of it's own stuff, wreaked of Filmation just to please some of the old school fans.

    The DC book, while dipping into some scant few Filmation and even MYP concepts and characters, is trying to build it's own world. A lot of it reminds me more of some of the more darker vibe the original mini comics were trying to capture in the early days.



    Suggesting people are fools for asking for a higher quality comic is very insulting.
    Never said they were complete fools, just some of the ways they portray their opinions borders on foolish. Constantly ranting against Giffen and saying DC needs to fire him for one. DC hired the guy to be the head writer, so I'd give him an honest chance to build his vision of this story. Who is to say if Giffen got fired and DC hired someone else that those who hate the book would like the stories any better?

    I don't think anybody's being raging either, I haven't. I refer you to Batman and Ben Afflick for real stupid fans and the White House Petition or any Star Wars fans.
    Hah, yeah the nerds who tried a White House petition had that blow up in their faces pretty good. As for Affleck cast as Batman, I think the outrage is that Affleck couldn't carry a superhero movie before and who is to say he can suddenly improve?

    As for Star Wars fans, they are NEVER satisfied with anything Lucas gives them. Might as well accept that as a fact.

    And I must say that it's rather rediculous you suggesting that discussing what is and isn't good about the comic is somehow harmful.
    Discussing pros and cons isn't harmful. The constant berating and staying negative is what isn't constructive and just works people up unnecessarily.


    How would you know if its' working or not? We have only just started.
    Since sales seem to be spiking upwards and there really hasn't been much significant changes made in favor of the DC book haters then so far it isn't working. The only change that has happened is Teela's hair is red again. Everything else seems the same as when the book started.






    The door was too small and now it's much bigger after fans went nuts.
    THAT was what was wrong with Castle Grayskull?! No further comment on that or I could get in trouble.


    We also saved the toyline but according to you we don't make any difference.
    The toyline was on the verge of collapse? When? And if it ever was close to dying, I would blame the ability to only buy the figures online and the prices as the reason.


    Of course, Mattel must be trying to broaden sales of the MOTUC if they are suddenly showing up at some Big Lots stores for ten bucks a figure.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    why did he need to make a new power sword? Was it to become even more powerful? Well if it is , that is just really stupid. He is already the "most powerful man in the universe". In the MOTU universe he is pretty much the epitome of power and in fact I believe in one issue of this comic series he says that he "is the power"

    So why does he need a power boost? It's like saying eternity is a pretty long time but it needs to be longer

    I don't actually think He-Man became more powerful, exactly. If that were the case, he probably wouldn't need such a layer of protective covering on his body.

    As for the sword, my personal idea borders along the lines of what happened in the final episode of the MYP cartoon. Remember when He-Man was in battle against Serpos and the sword demonstrated the new ability to open up and discharge massive amounts of destructive energy into Serpos? The sword was evolved by the Elders or whatever resides in Castle Grayskull's nether realms to better equip He-Man with the means to combat a massive snake god. I mean, we never saw King Grayskull do that with the same sword during his battle with Hordak in ancient times.


    This idea of better equipping He-Man based on a new threat is what I'm thinking. The Sword of Power was re-shaped to a much bigger weapon and given the abilities to give off destructive energies to better combat the kinds of threats the Horde pose. A bigger weapon means He-Man can take down more Horde Troopers in close combat. Of course, it's all my own personal theory.



    And, back to the pros and cons of the comic. Why can't there be constructive discussion of ways to make the comic and stories within more pleasureable to fans who currently aren't exactly thrilled with it instead of constant talk about DC firing Giffen or DC giving the book to Marvel?
    Last edited by Hordak Alpha; September 9, 2013 at 06:38pm.
    (Hordak Alpha))

    BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

  14. #514
    Argenternian heavy-eternium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    BUENOS AIRES,ARGENTINA,SOUTH OF HEAVEN
    Posts
    1,811
    My way with these comics.

    MOTULA: Now we have new DC comics, what do you think about them?
    What's your opinion?

    Val Staples: I haven't read much of them. I haven't had the time yet. But from what I have read, I'm curious and want to read more. I aim to keep an open mind. I find it's best to treat new material like I did when I was a child. Back then, I had no preconceived notions or expectations. I simply took things as they were presented and enjoyed them as such. I feel it's a LOT more fun that way.

    www.MOTULA.ORG
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

  15. #515
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Not that I disagree personally, but you do realize that is opinion and not fact, don't you? I doubt that those who don't like 200x would say "200x is really amazing, with top notch storylines and designs. However, I must be really weird, because I don't care for it. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I never said amazing. I said high quality. You may not like the designs of 200x but there's no denying that it's of a high quality.

    I understand that twisting my words is rather popular on this thread but I would appreciate if folks would stop doing it. Thanks!
    OK, you want to get into semantics. Lets start over.

    Not that I disagree personally, but you do realize that is opinion and not fact, don't you? I doubt that those who don't like 200x would say "200x is really high quality, with top notch storylines and designs. However, I must be really weird, because I don't care for it. "
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

    DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

    My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

  16. #516
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Athens AL
    Posts
    326
    A few MOTU DC Match up figures that would have been cool:

    Batgirl/Teela
    Hordak/Darkseid
    Batman/Man At Arms

    these are really the only ones I can think of.

  17. #517
    Argenternian heavy-eternium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    BUENOS AIRES,ARGENTINA,SOUTH OF HEAVEN
    Posts
    1,811
    DCU vs MOTU issue 5.



    With the fate of the earth in the balance, it’s the final showdown between the DC heroes and the Masters of the Universe! Plus, Teela and John Constantine travel to a dark realm to rescue Superman and find the secret of reversing the enchantment that holds Earth’s champions under its spell.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

  18. #518
    Ray of Sunshine Lookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Posts
    2,123
    Hordak Alpha, if they are trying to build a new world, why didn't they take time to lay it out BEFORE doing an invasion. Since, as you stated, thesis a new world, I know nothing about it. Instead of laying it out, I have no idea who any of the characters are or why they don't like each other. Why is there a King? Who made him King? Are there other kings? How much of the world does he rule? Why does the king trust He-Man? Why is Teela such a *****?

    THIS is why we are saying it is a bad story. At least in Justice League, they introduced the characters and how they became a team. None of that building here from what I have read. I refuse to buy it, but read it at the comic store until it sickens me too much.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

  19. #519
    Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Penny Dreadful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Massachusetts, US
    Posts
    3,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
    Since this version of Eternia is peopled by insipid and unlikeable 'heroes' and - with the sole exception of Despara - flat-pack villains, then it really is getting hard to care as the the fate of characters whom we can barely recognize in either appearnce or personality.
    I agree, and concur with regard to Despara. Despite my dislike for the comic in general, I DO like the way they've handled the Adora material. We're finally seeing the "unspoken truth" that was only hinted at in the Filmation cartoon. Adora was the Force Captain of the Horde. She must have done terrible things in that capacity. At long last, we're getting a good look at the dark "daughter" of Hordak and Shadow Weaver. She and her brother will surely have to struggle with all of this when she inevitably becomes She-Ra, assuming they don't kill her off before then.

    There is potential for good things to happen with the book if they put more effort and care into it, though I fear it's becoming too late to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. I agree with Eamon in that I wish they'd just reboot it again and start from scratch. However, I doubt DC/Mattel would do that at this stage in the game.

    I encourage those going to Power-Con this weekend to attend the panel about the DC Comic. Rob David and Joe Ferencz from Mattel are both panelists. At SDCC, Rob referred to himself as Mattel's "head writer on Masters of the Universe" and spoke at length about the comic. Joe is the Franchise Business Development Manager at Mattel. This panel presents fans with an excellent opportunity to express concerns and ask questions during the Q&A: http://www.thepower-con.com/2013/08/...ming-addition/
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England


    OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

  20. #520
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    I see that Tony Bedard is listed as co-writer for both issues #4 and #5. I wonder if he is just helping out. Giffen does seem to be currently writing a lot of comics.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I encourage those going to Power-Con this weekend to attend the panel about the DC Comic. Rob David and Joe Ferencz from Mattel are both panelists. At SDCC, Rob referred to himself as Mattel's "head writer on Masters of the Universe" and spoke at length about the comic. Joe is the Franchise Business Development Manager at Mattel. This panel presents fans with an excellent opportunity to express concerns and ask questions during the Q&A: http://www.thepower-con.com/2013/08/...ming-addition/
    That sounds like a good panel to check to at least hear the other side of the story and perhaps gain new insight. Unfortunately, I won't be at Power-Con, but I do look forward to hearing more about this panel.

  21. #521
    Master of Good Hair Eamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Irish but live in UK
    Posts
    16,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    OK, you want to get into semantics. Lets start over.

    Not that I disagree personally, but you do realize that is opinion and not fact, don't you? I doubt that those who don't like 200x would say "200x is really high quality, with top notch storylines and designs. However, I must be really weird, because I don't care for it. "
    Let me put it another way as you (and others) seem to be misunderstanding me. Maybe this is deliberate, I don't know.

    We all may not like the Ferrarai. But we know it's a well made piece of machinary, therefore is of a high quality.

    That is not opinion. That is a fact.

    I hope that example will help put this to bed finally.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Your opinion.
    No it's not my 'opinion' at all.
    You said "Hollywood churns out for angst ridden, emo drama teen queens who have no concept of a good story."

    That's a massive blanket rather judgemental statement which also extremely hypocrital given your approach to me. That is a fact not opinion. Fact as I can point to it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    There were barriers because it always seemed like if the version of MOTU being presented was close to Filmation, fandom were okay with it. Try something new that deviates away from Filmation and fandom has a hissy fit. Filmation wasn't the first incarnation of MOTU and shouldn't have to be adhered to in any of the revamps of MOTU. MYP MOTU, even though it had a lot of it's own stuff, wreaked of Filmation just to please some of the old school fans.

    The DC book, while dipping into some scant few Filmation and even MYP concepts and characters, is trying to build it's own world. A lot of it reminds me more of some of the more darker vibe the original mini comics were trying to capture in the early days.
    Well that is actually your opinion. An opinion I and many others would disagree with.

    As one of board members just said, Batman hasn't changed and that comic rocks.
    I think it shows a lack of imagination if you think you have to change something so drastically to make it any way good.


    [QUOTE=Hordak Alpha;3330797] Never said they were complete fools, just some of the ways they portray their opinions borders on foolish. Constantly ranting against Giffen and saying DC needs to fire him for one. DC hired the guy to be the head writer, so I'd give him an honest chance to build his vision of this story. Who is to say if Giffen got fired and DC hired someone else that those who hate the book would like the stories any better?
    To which I would quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    A lot of the raging(from any fan base) does make people look more like fools than passionate fans. Sort of like protesters on Wall Street whose ramblings and activities do more harm than good to the general populace.
    That is indeed insulting especially as nobody is actually raging here on these boards which i have already pointed out.

    Why are you affording the makers of this comic more chances than others? I would put good money I could go back through your history here or anywhere else and find you dumping on something.
    Unless of course you are getting paid to defend the comic, your whole approach here is very odd indeed....as are others.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Hah, yeah the nerds who tried a White House petition had that blow up in their faces pretty good. As for Affleck cast as Batman, I think the outrage is that Affleck couldn't carry a superhero movie before and who is to say he can suddenly improve?

    As for Star Wars fans, they are NEVER satisfied with anything Lucas gives them. Might as well accept that as a fact.
    Again, you think me living in a cave. I am well aware of fandom for these brands.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Discussing pros and cons isn't harmful. The constant berating and staying negative is what isn't constructive and just works people up unnecessarily.
    I am sure you trying to suggest that we are raging and berating fits a certain citeria but it's a false statement.
    Nobody is being like what you describe. I don't think we are allowed to anyways are we? From what I am hearing if anybody is raging and berating, they get an infindgement don't they?!

    It's still rediculous to suggest that critising something that is not very good is somehow harmful. Unless of course you have never done so which would make you the first person in history never to complain.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Since sales seem to be spiking upwards and there really hasn't been much significant changes made in favor of the DC book haters then so far it isn't working. The only change that has happened is Teela's hair is red again. Everything else seems the same as when the book started.
    Now we are DC book haters. Ok.
    Are sales of this comic book spiking? I would like you to provide proof. I am open to being educated on this specifically as I don't watch the sale numbers.
    These comics are created well in advance so if there was any change we would not see it for a while would we?!


    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    The toyline was on the verge of collapse? When? And if it ever was close to dying, I would blame the ability to only buy the figures online and the prices as the reason.
    Are you being serious? I think you are the one living in a cave. That whole fans saving the line passed you buy then?
    Or are you just now arguing for the sake of it? You wouldn't be the first.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Of course, Mattel must be trying to broaden sales of the MOTUC if they are suddenly showing up at some Big Lots stores for ten bucks a figure.
    No that's totally incorrect. Mattel needed storage space and these are the ones left behind. According to Toy Guru MOTUC will no longer appear in Big Lots after these ones are gone as they produced less figures.

    Lectures tend to work better when the lecturer knows more than the student.
    Last edited by Eamon; September 10, 2013 at 09:23am.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

  22. #522
    Toy Guru for President! He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,276
    I sure hope there is balance at the comic panel cause there are definitely a lot of us that love the direction they are going and don't want the comic to change. Sure there are plenty of vocal critics who accuse us of having poor taste...(which is ridiculous as we all have different likes and dislikes....insulting people for liking things you don't is just childish)...but I hope the sales numbers prove to be strong enough to ignore them.

  23. #523
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I sure hope there is balance at the comic panel cause there are definitely a lot of us that love the direction they are going and don't want the comic to change. Sure there are plenty of vocal critics who accuse us of having poor taste...(which is ridiculous as we all have different likes and dislikes....insulting people for liking things you don't is just childish)...but I hope the sales numbers prove to be strong enough to ignore them.
    Do you mean that the views of all the (many) critics of this comic should be ignored - or only the views of those who accuse you of having bad taste for liking them?
    There would be a very considerable difference - both in terms of intention and of outcome.

  24. #524
    Master of Good Hair Eamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Irish but live in UK
    Posts
    16,274
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I sure hope there is balance at the comic panel cause there are definitely a lot of us that love the direction they are going and don't want the comic to change.
    What do you mean by balance? If you mean a 50/50 representation of people who like the comic and who doesn't, it wouldn't be a real balance. Balance would be a real representation of the opinion, and in general, while some like the comic, the consensus seems to be that the comic is bad.


    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Sure there are plenty of vocal critics who accuse us of having poor taste...(which is ridiculous as we all have different likes and dislikes....insulting people for liking things you don't is just childish)...but I hope the sales numbers prove to be strong enough to ignore them.
    My statement which is way back now was nothing more than an off the cuff remark. I didn't aim it at anyone in particular. To get this insulted is taking it a bit far I think. We are all adults here after all.
    But if folks were indeed insulted, then I apologise.

    On the flip side:
    I have had my intelligence and my career decisions questioned directly to me on this thread which i feel is a bit personal but I have not even raised that as it's not really an issue for me, is besides the point and I know for many this is the only way they feel they can win a debate.

    I also personally think its rather ironic that someone who is so happy with excessive violence and bad language is so sensitive to an off the cuff remark.

    Generally speaking, it is in poor taste to be ok with violence. That's general opinion and not just my own.
    To then celebrate the addition of violence as though it automatically improves things, I think says a lot.

    Am I now going to get arguments from people defending violence?

    I would also like to add that If people can't recognize bad anatomy or bad storytelling, it isn't an insult. An opinion can be skewed by an uneducated eye, but still art may be objectively bad, which remains a fact, not an opinion.
    Last edited by Eamon; September 10, 2013 at 10:22am.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

  25. #525
    Heroic Warrior MAXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Frelling Germany
    Posts
    742
    Best thing would be that they produce a second series that shows the normal Masters of the Universe, then everybody could enjoy their comic vision

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •