Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU / DC Crossover Comic Mini-Series #1 Discussion

Vengeance Demon The Riding Ghost's Avatar
    I'm not 100% on the tusks, but I like it. It's different than we're used to, but still recognizable as Skeletor. You don't like the book as DC does it, don't buy it. Vote with your wallet. Whining about it does nothing. I personally like what's going on in the new series, and look forward to this upcoming crossover. It's serialized fiction. It's not like this is going to replace the iconic look forever. The MOTU fandom now, IMHO, resembles the Transformer fandom in the Beast Wars era - a bunch of complainers who think everyone is entitled to their vision of how the franchise should be and any deviation is not allowed. Different strokes, folks.

RG
    From needing 13 figures to HAVING 13 figures sucks.
    Anyone got anything for sale cheap?

Like your comics monster flavored?
    ComicMonsters
    Where Monsters Dwell!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
    I knew who it was when I first saw the photo. Just sayin!
    Are you sure it wasn't the huge

"MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE" "
    Skeletor Unleashed"

sign next to it?
    Just sayin'
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't the huge

"MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE" "
    Skeletor Unleashed"

sign next to it?
    Just sayin'
    Lol! Actually, I honestly didn't realize the Skeletor Unleashed until the 3rd time I look at the photo. When I first saw it I was at the gym working out and I was looking at the pic from an iPhone 5 screen. I put the skeleton face and blue skin while holding up He-man and Supes and thought oh that has to be Skeletor.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    And Filmation didn't tarnish the MOTU image?
    Yup, the show without which no one would even remember MOTU totally tarnished the MOTU image.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

I'm a bit late with this, but I have to say that issue #5 is the second issue in a row that I've actually enjoyed. I hope this trend continues.

Despara's origin is VASTLY different than what I have planned for my next book, but that's OK. DC's version was pretty cool, just different. I enjoyed it.
    -KTC

My FREE full-length MOTU novel:

MOTU: The Keldor Chronicles

And its newly-released sequel (which is also FREE):

MOTU: Legacies

Unlike most of you, I like the new design somehow as a "temporary battle armor" of some kind. I don't prefer it over the classic Skeletor look by any means, but it still has fantasy-esque elements a lot more than He-Man's new armor...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

While I was out today it dawned on me that the helm with the tusks could be a way of incorporating the havoc staff into his costume since he isn't holding it. I still don't like it, and I don't want to give them that much credit. Haha

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Yup, the show without which no one would even remember MOTU totally tarnished the MOTU image.

But, basically it has done to He-Man as what the 1960's Adam West Batman TV show did to Batman, neither one intentional. Remember 'I Love The 80's' on VH1 a number of years ago where anything to do with He-Man was just wall to wall jokes? That is what MOTU is thought of by non-fans and probably the mainstream entertainment industry. Could be a reason why a new live action movie still cannot get off of the ground.

The comic is doing what a movie should've done with the characters. Treating the characters with a seriousness that has been needed with MOTU for awhile.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

When does the first crossover issue come out

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    When does the first crossover issue come out
    on Wednesday.

preview : http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...eries/2754585/

Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    2 different covers?...variants again? Oh, I love being a completist.
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

I know it’s not everyone's cup of tea, but I actually really like the art style in the issue. Loving Stratos' helmet, too. I think it just adds to his overall look.

I really hope Skeletor’s new look is only for this story arc, though. I can’t believe Mattel signed off on that. I’m actually the type of fan who welcomes change, both in story and visuals, but I just think that suit is horrendous.

Man DC's MOTU is really getting better and better. I look forward each month with excitement that I have felt in a long time waiting for these comics to come out. It's like Christmas time every single month. Good times!

Heroic Warrior
    Well after seeing some preview pages it looks like this crossover takes place after the Despara arc timeline-wise. The Horde still rule Eternia and Adora is mentioned by Teela as being Adam's sister.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    That does look pretty good, I like He-Man's new costume in these panels and I dig Stratos' new look - the helmet is very Zodac-esque.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Everything looks great from an art standpoint. Still hate that He-Man wears a shirt, but my GOD can Teela please die in a Wind Raider accident. Why does every writer make her such an exaggeration? She is waaaay annoying and a royal *****.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Everything looks great from an art standpoint. Still hate that He-Man wears a shirt, but my GOD can Teela please die in a Wind Raider accident. Why does every writer make her such an exaggeration? She is waaaay annoying and a royal *****.
    Isn't everything you read from this DC Teela from the same writer? When issue 7 is out, there might be a difference (different guy), but i wouldn't count on it.

Thanks to the preview i can proudly say "i save money!" I wouldn't even want those books as a gift or if i get paid to read them, the number should be very high then... Hate the dialogue!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not sure if I understand this preview. Are there people trapped inside most of the Troopers? Are the Masters killing most of them without caring who's inside?
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

He-man looks like Adam in armour rather than He-man. I too hate the dialogue. In the first few pages we already have Teela sexualised. Complaining about the Horde perv looking at her bum. Not that she seemed to mind who saw her bum in earlier issues where she strips off in front of her father and anyone else who happens by. Oh well any excuse for her to kill anything she takes a disliking to.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Remember 'I Love The 80's' on VH1 a number of years ago where anything to do with He-Man was just wall to wall jokes?
    Yes, I'd hardly expect a show with a cast that includes Hal Sparks, Mo Rocca, Michael Ian Black, Weird Al Yankovic, Andrew Dice Clay, Patton Oswalt and Carrot Top to treat a cartoon show in such a flippant way.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Well apparently she eats furniture, so she'll probably die of internal splinters pretty soon. I quit reading this comic a while ago but have been keeping up with reports here on the org and elsewhere. This is the first bit I've read in a few months and I have to say this feels like Dawsons Creek or 90210, shows my girlfriend liked in high-school. Blech!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I don't agree. Skeletor is a threat as a magic user to a primarily physical fighter--a wizard shows up to a sword fight and throws fireballs and lightning bolts. He-Man has strength and battle prowess, but he lacks the variety of things that Skeletor can do. A great way to see this is how powerful Evil-Lyn was in the second episode when Ram Man and Mekaneck were running up on her and she nuked them with a spell.

What I was saying is I Like Skeletor being physically taller than He-Man and just a little bit bigger I feel magic as well as size and power make Skeletor a double threat and a underdog.I want DC to tell better stories as well as tie in characters personalities in better.

Filmation doesn't equal Vintage designs. Filmation is a more simplistic version of the more detailed Vintage designs, while 200X was an even more detailed version of the Vintage designs.

What I was saying is I Like Skeletor being physically taller than He-Man and just a little bit bigger I feel magic as well as size and power make Skeletor a double threat andmakes He-Man a underdog.I want DC to tell better stories as well as tie in characters personalities in better.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    He-man looks like Adam in armour rather than He-man. I too hate the dialogue. In the first few pages we already have Teela sexualised. Complaining about the Horde perv looking at her bum. Not that she seemed to mind who saw her bum in earlier issues where she strips off in front of her father and anyone else who happens by. Oh well any excuse for her to kill anything she takes a disliking to.
    To be fair, Teela stripped in front of the people who wouldn't see her in a sexualized way.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    feels like Dawsons Creek or 90210, shows my girlfriend liked in high-school. Blech!
    C'mon now, be honest. You liked them too.

Looking forward to seeing how the crossover comes together. New costumes and related gear, bring 'em on. Just stay true to the internal 'structure' of the MOTU characters and feel free to break all other molds to your liking.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!