Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has the classics rendition of NA sparked your interest with their vintage line?

I think I can appreciate the figures more as if they were a separate toyline.I think it took me 30 years to get over it and after examining the figures closer I do like some.Butthead,Quakke and Staghorns facial sculpts have gotten my attention.There are others that do nothing for me though.Once again I could have slept on these guys if it wasn't for classics.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, emphatically yes! I had just about every single original vintage Masters figure/vehicle/playset before NA came out. In fall of '89 I moved to Montana with my Mom and left a lot of my old toys behind, since I had a ton and couldn't take them all with. Upon arrival that fall, in a grocery store of all places, I stumbled on 2 He-Man 2packs; He-Man vs Slushhead and Flipshot vs. Skeletor. They didn't have single figures, just those 2packs. I got the Bolo Jet for my birthday that year, and that was pretty much it for my childhood NA experience. Flash forward 24 years and I'm totally wanting to go back and get the NA figures I never got.

I'm very torn as to whether to go back and pick up vintage NA figures, or just wait for the inevitable Classics release. To top it all off, I recently got a lot of my stuff out of storage and found my vintage He-Man figures, which I thought were lost to time. NA He-Man, Flipshot, Slushhead, and Skeletor were mine once more. 2 I have in Classics, one more is coming this summer, and I really hope that by this winter or at least sometime next year, we get NA Skeletor(or is it Space Mutant Skeletor now?).

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Already had them since the 90's. Never got Starship Eternia or Nordor, but I'm not too fused to grab them now.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Already have all of the NA figures, vehicles, and playsets.

During the 200X days, I was reinvigorated and went about collecting MOC (or, as near as possible) NA figures along with the 200X line...

I was a die-hard He-Man lovin' kid back in the late '80's and '90's (even though I had to partition my time between NA, TC, and TMNT) so I absolutely loved the NA figures when they came out, and my mom loved them too because they were priced lower than the average figure at the time.

Scale was not an issue for me as a kid, so in a sense, I had already begun doing what MOTUC is doing now: integrating all my He-Man figures into one toybox!

So, in short, I have never not liked NA, and I am just as excited now as I was back then. I just wish we could get more NA in MOTUC each year..... *grumble* *matty* *grumble*...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I feel like I was always going to eventually get around to watching the entire NA series based on being a MOTU fan. That being said their toys were always pretty good taken as they are, and not as specifically He Man toys.

All of this came to a head because of how good the characters are comming out in MOTUC though, so yeah.

I Knew Optik & Slush head would be great. Icarius, NA He Man, & Karati are somewhat of a suprise, so I am optimistic about the rest of the crew.

Heroic Warrior
    Good question! Actually, yes!
    Once the NA stuff started coming I went to the archive and read all the comics, for the first time. I never got into NA during its release, other than to hiss and make protective hand signals at them- I was out of toys by then, but considered them at the time to be 'wow, really, Mattel?'

Of course, now that I've read the comics, they're starting to grow on me a bit- they give me a kind of 'Republic serial' kind of feel.

Having said that: He-Man, you're a space hero now. In space. Put a frigging shirt on.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Heroic Warrior
    I'm starting to wrap my head around the "Galactic Protectors". Starship Eternia, in my cannon, is huge. Half a dozen Astro Subs, in the hanger bay, a sick bay...I'm thinking it's like the ship from Prometheus(the human ship). They are based on Primus, but spend most of their time on the ship. I know it's turning the He-Man mythos on its ear, but I'm really getting behind the idea. Especially his desire to stop Skeletor, the Horde, and to get back home to Eternia.