Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Somebody needs to start thinking about the little guys...

I really want Rotar and Twistoid, but I want them to come with detachable legs/torsos. I don't really think of these guys as being "little guys" at all.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I really want Rotar and Twistoid, but I want them to come with detachable legs/torsos. I don't really think of these guys as being "little guys" at all.
    Same. I would like these guys to be able to stand next to the heroic and evil warriors

I know I'm in the minority but I'd love more Trollans. Gwildor too.

Aww how bout some love for Re-lay?

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Seriously, it is an excellent re-use of the now existing body mold, and the little Stinkor has been long requested. Only problem I see is where he could fit in with no more weapons packs planned. Perhaps a monthly slot with three small figures in a pack, similar to what Mattel did with the Green Lantern line? Having one figure of the three allowing heavy re-use might balance some of the tooling for the other two, maybe Lookee and Imp? Or add some more re-use with a Trollan, Dree-Elle or Montorq?
    While a regular three-pack of mini figures would help get a lot of these characters out of the way, I could see Odiphus being a pack-in with Prahvus. Other than Stinkor, who's obviously out, that's the character he'd fit with the most.
    Ach! Hans, run! It's the lhurgoyf!

I really love that we are getting into the little guys more. I love the line but one of my big complaints was size difference. Yeah we have Gygors & Tytus & such, but for a long time standard figure wise it was guy buck, girl buck & Orko. Now with Ram Man, Two Bad, Dactys, Modulok , Kowl & Loo-Kee we are getting some size diversity!

My must have little guys- Imp, Razz, Gwildor, Rotar, Twistoid, Odiphus, old man Marzo, Grr, Robot Knights & cat form Catra if she counts.

I would like these, but could live without- Clobber, Syrax, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle, robotic Screech

Not opposed to- Twiggets, 1 Widget, Mr.Slime Pig (for laughs), Relay

Hope I never see- Caz
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I know I'm in the minority but I'd love more Trollans. Gwildor too.
    Definitely with you on that, and most could use Orko as a base. I'd love a three-pack (or more) of just them.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I honestly think these characters would do great at retail. I think kids would like them. They could be a companion brand to MOTUC and would bring money to the line.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Rotar and Twistoid are some of my favs and need to be here. I also support detachable legs ala King Hsss.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I'm shocked at the amount of people who want legs for Rotar and Twistoid. I don't understand this. Is it because of Emiliano's concept?
    Making them full sized figures means they would take up a two coveted 2014/15 final figure slots that would otherwise go to non vintage MOTU characters. Do you really want that? Besides that, given them legs kinda take away what makes them unique (insert DC comic Barbra Gordon comparison here)

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I could see Rotor and Twistoid being the 2014 SDCC exclusives.
    I don't know if I agree with that happening, But yes, I can see that happening. I just don't see them selling well.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Perhaps a monthly slot with three small figures in a pack, similar to what Mattel did with the Green Lantern line? Having one figure of the three allowing heavy re-use might balance some of the tooling for the other two, maybe Lookee and Imp? Or add some more re-use with a Trollan, Dree-Elle or Montorq?
    Themed multi-Packs perhaps? Trollon, Twiggets, Widgets, Scientist and "He-Woks" (Pelleezean & Kowl's race. Owlian?)

I just don't see them getting to the vast array of characters that NEED to be done this way unless they replace the beasts/giants/Deluxe figure slots...Putting them WITH full sized figures will probally mean less weapons...That a bad idea IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lhurgoyf View Post
    I could see Odiphus being a pack-in with Prahvus.
    Except for that, that's a good idea and would make a killer secret bonus pack in!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    If they do the awesome thing and make the 2014 holiday item "Santa Adam" (with pack-in smiling Skeletor head), that would be the perfect time to see a handful of limited-articulation Manchines.

The more I think about this, the more I desperately want it.
    Relay at the least!

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post

Hope I never see- Caz
    We could start another sub for Little Kid Characters with him and Starchild as sub lure
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    I'm shocked at the amount of people who want legs for Rotar and Twistoid. I don't understand this. Is it because of Emiliano's concept?
    Making them full sized figures means they would take up a two coveted 2014/15 final figure slots that would otherwise go to non vintage MOTU characters. Do you really want that? Besides that, given them legs kinda take away what makes them unique
    Well his concepts do make them interesting figures. I think removable legs is the way to go for both options. Personally I would prefer Dare and Skeleteen figures than Rotar and Twistoid but if we have to get them, why not give us legs.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I really want Rotar & Twistoid. They'll give the line a little diversity. I also like the colors especially on Twistoid. As for having legs. I wouldn't mind either way. I do think we'll see 1 of these guys in 2014. Just a hunch.

I'd love to see Kowl, Imp, Odiphus, and the Robot Knights!

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    The idea of giving Rotar and Twistoid detachable legs was floated around on the forums before Emiliano posted his awesome concept sketches. I had posted a poll on the subject in November of 2009, and a few other artists have posted pictures of what Twistoid and Rotar could look like with legs. You can also find a few custom action figures of Rotar with legs. The poll shows that over 90% of fans on the Org are in favor of legs, so there is a strong interest in having the figures appear that way.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...light=twistoid
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; August 19, 2013 at 01:50pm.