Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Single Figure That You Would Subscribe Over

Single Figure That You Would Subscribe Over

Okay, hypothetical:

Let's say that the next year's sub is 99% awful. Like, paint variants of Spector, Shas-Blade He-Man, Yukkers, those kids from the Christmas Special, and factory-defective stock. BUT... one figure is good. Like, really good. Like, really awesome. But this figure is sub-only, and there's a strange law just passed by Congress stating that this specific figure cannot be resold on the secondary market, traded, or given away - it HAS to be purchased through a whole year's worth of subs (hey, stranger laws have gone through!).

So, what would it take to make that one figure so desirable that you'd eat the cost of a full sub filled with crap? Keep in mind, if those figures are bad, you might have trouble recouping the cost by reselling them. Not saying that it's impossible, just that it isn't a given.

Snake armor He-Man or that Goretusk guy from the Tomart's magazine.

Well I got the lite sub this year just to be sure I didn't miss Mantenna

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
    Well I got the lite sub this year just to be sure I didn't miss Mantenna
    I am a bit worried about missing him, I let them cancel me based on some stuff, but Mantenna is making me regret my decision.

one figure I'd Resub for??

Tough one but I'd have to say Modulok. Filmation looks vintage Mattel functionality.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

While I'd happily take Yukkers and the Christmas kiddos anyway (and I could see the merit to a "phasing" transluscent Spector), I'll play along: in a year of crap, I'd sub for Gwildor, Tung Lashor, Glimmer, or Two-Badd.

(Of course, these "crap" figures could always be part-swapped to make more interesting figures and variants using new and old parts...!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

There would be several for me, most of them would me of the kind that I would never expect to get, or that we have been told are not possible. So, General Sunder, King Ahgo, Zilora, King Micah, The Enchantress, Melaktha, the Horde Mummy, Karg, Lubic or someone of that nature would make me mark for a sub alone.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

If a 200X Roboto with all the WMD weapons from the cartoon were included too, then i'd be in it. Hypothetically, he'd be Club Eternia's first figure of the year which would be perfect as i'd cancel my card after he arrives LoL.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Single Figure That You Would Subscribe Over
    None. I'd get that figure through other means...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Two-Bad is my one figure followed closely by Rio-Blast, Blast-Attak, Dragstor, and Extendar.

I REALLY want Madame Razz and Broom. I think she is the top of my list at the moment...

SnakeMountainDragonwalkerLandsharkBattleBonesman
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    None. I'd get that figure through other means...
    But you can't! They passed a law, remember?

There would be several for me too... I'd probably subscribe even if it were all awful, because I can make anything work in MOTU lol

Madame Razz & Broom would be a big lure
    Scorpia
    Dree-Elle & Montork
    Glimmer & Loo-Kee
    Sweet Bee
    Perfuma
    Double Trouble
    (really any of the Great Rebellion ladies)
    Kothos
    Tung Lashor
    Rio Blast
    Blade
    Gwildor
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

-Modulock
    -Multibot
    -Two-bad
    -Rio Blast
    -Extendar

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    But you can't! They passed a law, remember?
    Pfft...I'm not bound by the laws of man.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Karg
    Oo-Lar
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Dragstor!! :d

Glimmer or Queen Angella.

Beyond those two the most powerful sub lures (for me) are Two Bad, Mermista, Blade, Saurod, Peekablue, Perfuma, Scorpia, Gwildor, and Madame Razz.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Tung Lashor, Saurod, and Terror Claws Skeletor are figures that would get me to resub without hesitation.

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Colossor View Post
    Two-Bad is my one figure followed closely by Rio-Blast, Blast-Attak, Dragstor, and Extendar.
    This is close to my list, but I'd put Rio Blast at one. And I'm from Missouri, and have been through Sikeston several times. Just throwing that out there Colossor...like Lambert's Throwed Rolls!
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma
    Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Peekablue- Who would have guessed that!?!
    Entrapta
    Zilora
    Sagitar
    Mara- in her prototype two pieced outfit
    Calix

And if they promised a new female Snakemen (and if she would be created by the FOUR HORSEMEN) iīd buy two!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

A female Snake-Man... who looks just like a male, except not colored as brightly?

A female Snake-Man... who looks just like a male, except not colored as brightly?
    I donīt know…i didnīt know that female snakes are differently colored than their male versions…you see i learn new stuff every day
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Songster would be THE one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I donīt know…i didnīt know that female snakes are differently colored than their male versions…you see i learn new stuff every day
    Well, some are?

It's kind of hard to find sexual dimorphism in snakes. I mean, let's be honest. Rattlor could be a girl.