View Poll Results: 2014 Mini-Sub... What Line Would You Like To See?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • POP

54 32.14%
  • New Adventures

18 10.71%
  • 200X

19 11.31%
  • The Little Guys (Odiphus, Marzo etc...)

6 3.57%
  • Mini Comic Characters (i.e. Geldor)

17 10.12%
  • Variant Mini Comic Characters (i.e. Prince Adam)

5 2.98%
  • Filmation (i.e. continuation of the 2013 mini sub)

35 20.83%
  • Variant Filmation (i.e. Hordak)

4 2.38%
  • Mini Masters (i.e. He-Man/Skele SDCC 2013)

2 1.19%
  • Other (explain)

2 1.19%
  • None

6 3.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mini-Sub... What Line Would You Like To See?

2014 Mini-Sub... What Line Would You Like To See?

Ok sooo, let's see if i can make this poll a little more user friendly than my last attempt...

The premise goes like this ~

In 2012, we had an additional six figure 30th Anniversary mini-sub along side the regular Club Eternia sub.

In 2013, we have the additional six figure Filmation mini-sub along side the regular Club Eternia sub.

In 2014, assuming the line continues (which i totally believe it will) which six figure mini-sub would you prefer (or like to see) Mattel roll out along side the regular Club Eternia sub?

Which one of the following would you choose:

POP? NA? 200X? The Little Guys? Mini Comic Characters? Variant Mini Comic Characters? Filmation? Variant Filmation? Mini-Masters? Other? None?
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

would LOVE LOVE LOVE a NA sub line or a MINI comics line!!!..that would be great!
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a darkside.

Heroic Warrior
    mini comic characters...

def the mini-comics.

I'd add new 52 variants to the list as well.

I would take a PoP sub, maybe even two!

Entrapta
    Double Trouble
    Sweet Bee
    Spinnerella
    Perfuma
    Flutterina

with Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra as the 2014 SDCC exclusive, thank you

This would leave the heavy-hitter/most-wanted figures (Glimmer, Angella, Mermista, Kowl) for the main sub or 2015, but guarantee that the C/D-list PoP classic gals get their chance to become MOTUC figures.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Toss up between POP and Filmation.

Basically those are the categories that have the MOST/COOLEST characters that I want.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I went with the Mini Comics because I really want BLUE VEST PRINCE ADAM and GREEN TRAP JAW. Total must-haves!

But I also want a FILMATION COUNT MARZO.... Darn it!
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

I either want Filmation and/or an All-Star re-issue sub.

200X for me. Still a lot of awesome characters to come from MYP.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I went with the Mini Comics because I really want BLUE VEST PRINCE ADAM and GREEN TRAP JAW. Total must-haves!

But I also want a FILMATION COUNT MARZO.... Darn it!
    You aint the only one!!

All awesome variants you mentioned BTW!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Very tough pick between 200x and the little guys. i went with the little more becuase i dont see how else we will get them.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

POP all the way, there are so many great characters deserving of figures.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Def POP. It's the faction with the strongest hitters left.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Why can't we have a Weasel's Choice Sub. Where I pick the figures. It would have (Mini comic) trap jaw, masks of power demons, (Filmation) marzo, plundor, he-man, skeletor, teela, rattlor, and clawful! ooooh and evil seed! best. sub. ever.

Heroic Warrior
    POP.

There are a LOT of vintage POP toys left to be made, not to mention plenty of Filmation POP and Filmation Horde also. I'd happily subscribe to a mini-subscription which included: Mermista, Flutterina, Sweet-Bee, Double Trouble, Peekablue and Entrapta. Not to mention "major" characters like Queen Angella, Glimmer, Madame Razz and Broom, Scorpia, Kowl, Loo-Kee, etc.

Pop sub. Me and my seven subs (6 MOTUC, 1 Filmation) wouldn't be around here without it
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'd be happy getting a lot of those possibilities!

I think the ones that would sell easily are PoP and Filmation, since there are so many great characters to make from both. But, I would totally buy a mini-comic/comic/obscure one too. Just imagine; Goat Man, Prince Dakon, Lodar, Garn, Slave Girl, Crimson Fury, Skelcons, Kex Queen....that would be awesome.

As far as Filmation variants, I am only interested in ones that have significant design changes; like Count Marzo, Tung Lasher, Clawful, Magestra, Hordak, Evilseed...maybe Evil-Lyn, because of the full color deco change. But, I would not buy it if it had He-Man, Skeletor, or Teela, since they would be exactly what we already have, for the most part. The changes on them would not be worth a sku, in my opinion (too similar).

Now, I would prefer these above the other choices, but I would also get a 200X or NA sub, depending on the first figures shown. For 200X, I am only interested in the following characters; Veena, Prahvus, Kulatak Elder, Lord Dactys, King Miro, Siren, Calix, Snake Armor He-Man, Ice Armor He-Man, and C&D Evil-Lyn. For NA, any of the following would be great; Tuskador, Artilla, Darius, Mara, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Hydron, Flogg, NA Skeletor, Crita, Quakke, Crystoll, and Hoove.

I'm not interested in a "little guy" sub, at all.

One sub I might be interested in that wasn't mentioned, would be a "New Characters" sub. But, I would really be specific about who'd make the new characters. Since they really knocked it out of the park the first time, I'd have the Four Horsemen come back and try again to make another great character. Next, I'd ask Martin Arriola who still works with Mattel as a designer and worked on the original toyline. Third, I'd ask Larry DiTillo, who wrote some of the best episodes from the Filmation cartoon, like Dragon's Gift, Time Corridor, and House of Shokoti. Fourth, I'd ask Rudy Obrero, one of the original box art painters and current artist on the maps and new boxes for MOTUC. The Fifth slot I'd give to Robert Lamb, a storyboard artist on the original Filmation MOTU cartoon who also worked on Dragon's Gift and House of Shokoti. And the final figure slot I'd give to Larry Houston, penciler on the vintage mini-comics; including "The Secret Liquid of Life" (with Geldor), "Slave City" (with Lodar), "The Temple of Darkness", and "Rock Warriors to the Rescue".

Definitely POP all the way. :-)
    Manny

In addition to my two regular Club Eternia subs in 2014, I would buy THREE POP subs.

The pop fans have been SO loyal, and this would be an excellent reward.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I would sign up for a POP sub in an instant. It's what I've been waiting for for all these years!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

I would sign up for multiples of any mini-sub, but I personally REALLY want a New Adventures mini-sub.

I would also really like POP and the mini-masters.
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

I'm good for a couple POP subs!!!

I'd definitely sign up for POP. It's the reason I. Started collecting MOTUC in the first place. This approach gets them out faster, catching up the lag, and it opens up slots in the main sub for other key characters.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by mykan View Post
    I'd definitely sign up for POP. It's the reason I. Started collecting MOTUC in the first place. This approach gets them out faster, catching up the lag, and it opens up slots in the main sub for other key characters.
    This is a valid point, maybe that's what TG was subtly implying when he said we'll see more POP next year than ever before? Possibly it'd go down well as casual and hardcore fans will be catered to hopefully as six of the most wanted POP figures could potentially see the light of day while, as you mention, it leaves slots open for other factions. Granted it's only six slots/figures but IMO that's still not a bad thing.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

POP for the win! spinnerella, glimmer, angella, peek-a-blue, mermista, entrapta....they must be made!