View Poll Results: 2014 Mini-Sub... What Line Would You Like To See?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • POP

54 32.14%
  • New Adventures

18 10.71%
  • 200X

19 11.31%
  • The Little Guys (Odiphus, Marzo etc...)

6 3.57%
  • Mini Comic Characters (i.e. Geldor)

17 10.12%
  • Variant Mini Comic Characters (i.e. Prince Adam)

5 2.98%
  • Filmation (i.e. continuation of the 2013 mini sub)

35 20.83%
  • Variant Filmation (i.e. Hordak)

4 2.38%
  • Mini Masters (i.e. He-Man/Skele SDCC 2013)

2 1.19%
  • Other (explain)

2 1.19%
  • None

6 3.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mini-Sub... What Line Would You Like To See?

Little guys first, PoP next, and very close at that.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

POP!

SB She-Ra and Vintage Toy design Catra to anchor it on either end, followed by the potentially less popular characters.

Peekablue
    Flutterina
    Perfuma
    Sweet Bee

I assume the likes of Angella. Glimmer, and Mermista are strong enough for inclusion In the main sub, as are Entrapta for the Horde fans, Double Trouble for her action feature and overall blank slate cool factor, and Spinerella for the demand her vintage figure's rarity induces. Kowl and Loo-Kee will clearly be packed in with other figures.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

New Adventures please.

Heroic Warrior
    Pop all the way. I'm hoping this add on sub is possibly a reality for next year. I'd buy 3 if they did it!

Little Guys makes the most sense since I feel like Pop & NA are getting their share, or will. Filmation is doing pretty well too.

LIttle guys seems like it would have the most wanted of the least likely to get made.

I'm not sure I'd buy another mini sub....I have almost all the POP I care about, I don't want NA or 200X, or Mini Comic Variants or original characters....

As far as Filmation variants, I just really want Hordak & Clawful, and maybe Merman, Skeletor & He-Man heads....and Filmation accessories (Power Sword, Orb Axe, no shoulder spike Mer-Man armor.

Mini Masters aren't Classics related anyway, so if it was a sub, it would be it's own line.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    filmation deserves another sub line next year
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I needs me a mini comic Tri-Klops & Trap-Jaw!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 9.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Mini-comics characters need representation! lol

I want Delora
    Kex Queen
    Lodar
    Stratos
    Trap Jaw
    Tri-Klops
    Secret Liquid of Life Teela
    Princess Rana
    Prince Dakkon
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Pop deserves it. But knowing Scott it will be mini comics and he will cheat: Crimson Fury (UK comics), Songster (he appeared in Scott's most recent mini comic), Lodar (mini comics), Darius (UK comics), Goat Man (golden books, close enough lol), Kex Queen (it's Trademarked)

Illumina would be nice but I doubt Scott will EVER allow that.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Pop deserves it. But knowing Scott it will be mini comics and he will cheat: Crimson Fury (UK comics), Songster (he appeared in Scott's most recent mini comic), Lodar (mini comics), Darius (UK comics), Goat Man (golden books, close enough lol), Kex Queen (it's Trademarked)

Well, a mini-sub line-up like that wouldn't be unwelcome in my collection! Though the only two "meh" spots for me would be Songster and the Kex Queen. Songster is just a concept I'm not entirely into, and the Kex Queen would look odd on my shelf without a few generic Kex warriors to put around her.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

In an 'All-Star' year, he'd have to find a pretty good reason for including a line-up like that. I don't think there's enough support for six figures from any individual media other than Filmation.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

I voted more Filmation characters for 2014. I would want it to be loaded with PoP/Horde. My must haves would be

Dylamug, Huntara, Madame Razz & Broom, Scorpia, Granita, Vultak

In addition I would like to see another 6 figure mini sub in 2014 consisting of pure variants from all over motu & pop media.

Filmation Hordak, Mini comic Trap Jaw, 200x Randor, FF He-man, TC Skeletor, Despara
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

I would love a comic mini-sub....but not just vintage mini comics....combination of all the comics.

Heroic Warrior
    I stuck with the tried and true Filmation sub. I want more NA characters, and I think that as we start to slow down on vintage characters that haven't been made, we'll start to see more PoP, NA, and other areas covered more in depth. Plundor, Lizard Man, Strong Arm, Lord Masque, Scorpia, Madame Razz, Huntara, Seahawk, Twiggets, Widgets...the list goes on and on. I really feel like MOTUC will still be around in 2016, because there's just that many characters to be made into action figures!

Snappy Threader
    Continuation of Filmation....

I was torn between PoP and Filmation, but I decided on Filmation, because I don't see why we can't get some of the PoP girls there too, especially Madame Razz w/ Broom and Twiggets.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    I voted more Filmation characters for 2014. I would want it to be loaded with PoP/Horde. My must haves would be

Dylamug, Huntara, Madame Razz & Broom, Scorpia, Granita, Vultak

In addition I would like to see another 6 figure mini sub in 2014 consisting of pure variants from all over motu & pop media.

Filmation Hordak, Mini comic Trap Jaw, 200x Randor, FF He-man, TC Skeletor, Despara

Putting my own personal love for POP aside, I think Count Judas makes a great point. A POP sub would allow us to get a great selection of some fan-favorite characters that might otherwise not easily find their way into the line. Filmation Hordak, Dylamug, and Madame Razz come to mind. Even if these characters were left out in order to include only the original ladies of the POP line (a more likely scenario), a She-Ra themed subscription could appeal to some folks who might not otherwise be interested in a MOTUC sub.

And let's not overlook the most important case to be made for a POP sub...us She-Ravers could get a perfectly pink and dare I say "girly" Perfuma figure that wouldn't take up a main sub spot, thus avoiding a Star Sisters-esque pandamonium in the forums. (I'm not judging...just sayin'.)

PoP - Mermista, Peekablue, Double Trouble, Flutterina, Perfuma, Sweet Bee

Filmation - Granita, Dylamug, Kothos, Evilseed, Melaktha, Kittrina

Comic/Mini-Comic/Printed Media - Goat Man, Lodar, Garn, Crimson Fury, Prince Dakon, Kex Queen

Prototype/Concept - Darius, Mara, Eldor, Red Beast, Evil Robot, Crystoll

MYP/200X - Prahvus, Veena, Lord Dactys, Calix, King Miro, Kulatak Elder

New Adventures - Crita, Quakke, Artilla, Tuskador, New Adventures Sorceress, Lizorr

There's several mini-subs I'd be interested in. But since there's just one option, I voted for NA. I MUST have Darius, Mara, Crita, Concept Hoove, Crystoll and Detector by the end of the line!

I'd also gladly take a Minicomic sub for the sake of getting the Masks of Power Demons, or a PoP sub if that gives me Perfuma.

Only mini-sub I'd have ZERO interest would be a line that includes new DC Masters designs.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I do not want a New 52 sub. I can't stress that enough. I buy everything in MOTUC all inclusive, NA, POP, 200X, Vintage, it's all good. But I draw the line at New 52. I will NOT buy it. It would actually be the only thing that would make me break a sub agreement. I'm that opposed.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

I'm not voting for POP because I'm presuming we'll be getting them all in the main eternia sub in 2014 and 2015.

So my OTHER vote goes for a MOTU animation sub. It would be similar to this years Filmation sub except it can also include MYP and Jetlag. Just as an example I think a cool line up for this type of mini sub would be something like Strong-Arm, Lord Masque, Madame Razz, MYP version Evil Seed (with maybe an extra Filmation head/accessories packed in), Queen Veena, and Master Serbian.
    Last edited by InspectorZartan; June 2, 2013 at 02:44am.
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita/Malektha
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

I have no interest in a New52 sub either. That would be a complete waste of skus that should go to characters that are more in demand. This is MOTU Classics. There is nothing "Classic" about designs less than a year old.

I would like to see Mini Comic characters... There are not that many so it's not too high of a risk and not many to get to. If anything happened to the line, we would not lose out on these guys.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

As great as a lot of those subs would be, what most of you are forgetting is that Filmation is the only time sensitive one because Mattel is licensing the rights. It just makes more sense to get out as many Filmation figs as possible while we still have access to them.