Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D.i.c.k. Tracy from Playmates 1990

HD figures on youtube

**** Tracy 1990 figure review(vid)

I just uploaded this, and thought maybe some one here that shares in my love for 80's/90's action figures might enjoy this. Going to collect all my favorite lines from the 80's & 90's once again, since they are the ones that really make me happy.

EDIT:..lol at the **** being blocked out! Funny, but totally understandable.
    Last edited by BCreviews4628; October 4, 2010 at 07:13am.

Very cool review!

I was not aware that these figures were made by Playmates and how they were heavily influenced by TNMT designs. Definetely it was a nice collection and one of the most extense in the number of character figures available made from a movie.

As far as I recall, the movie did not went quite well, and was too similar to Tim Burton's Batman released a year before; otherwise we'd probably gotten more movies and more figures.

I'd had also liked to get a **** Tracy fig with trenchcoat.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

HD figures on youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Very cool review!

I was not aware that these figures were made by Playmates and how they were heavily influenced by TNMT designs. Definetely it was a nice collection and one of the most extense in the number of character figures available made from a movie.

As far as I recall, the movie did not went quite well, and was too similar to Tim Burton's Batman released a year before; otherwise we'd probably gotten more movies and more figures.

I'd had also liked to get a **** Tracy fig with trenchcoat.

Thanks alot! Yeah, scale and articulation is pretty dead on with Turtles, which is pretty cool. 14 figures reeased, and two figure sized vehicles. Flattop and Sam catchem reviews coming later this week.

And I read Burton was in line to direct this at one point, and, that Warren wanted Danny Elfman for the score since he liked his work so well on Batman! So your right on the money there!

Villainous Marauder Monkeyboy Prime's Avatar
    Very nice review. I loved these as a kid! I had most of the figures and I fondly remember looking for that Blank figure EVERYWHERE for months. Please tell me a Blank review is coming!
    When will we get our Songster figure Mattel???

Nice review, I remember seeing **** Tracy in theatre, me and a friend where the only one watching it. I liked the movie though.

Indeed weird that **** gets blocked off. In Holland that's still a common name haha.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I love this line; still have it on display. Took me years, and a lot of dough, to finally track down a Blank figure. (Well after I was out of college!)

I do wish they'd made the rest of the speaking cast - Pat Patton, the Kid, Stooge Viller, Littleface, 88 Keys and Numbers, but there's something really charming about the ones they did make.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Awesome clip and review! Thanks for that.

I am so glad to see them mentioned here. I actually just sorted and rewrapped them all up this past summer, as I was preparing for my move, and was so pleased to see how well I preserved them - and that I still had every single one of all the accessories/weapons. I fell in love with them all over again. I remember trekking to Toys R Us to get each one as they came out. And - ugh!!! - never found The Blank figure. (Was that one even ever made???)

Great little set of figures. So colorful.

Finally I've found that I belong here.

I remember these when they were in stores, though I didn't buy them. I remember one of the bad guys was named prune face.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I love this line; still have it on display. Took me years, and a lot of dough, to finally track down a Blank figure. (Well after I was out of college!)
    What? They actually made a Blank figure??? I always had the suspicion that it never made it on the shelves, for whatever reason... or maybe it flew off the shelves by all the die-hard Madonna fans. (Spoiler alert?)

Anyway, congrats on completing your collection. It's the one figure I'm missing!!!

HD figures on youtube
    Monkeyboy Prime-Thanks alot! Man, if I can track down the Blank, I will for sure review it!

kk2-Thanks! WOW, only you two?

Thatman-Whoah! Congrats on scoring the Blank! I'm jealous! Yeah, as I was telling someone on youtube, I bet if we saw a wave 2 back in the day, it would have included Littleface, 88, and the Kid. Do you have the two cars?

nilito-Thanks alot! I think you share my fondness for these. Everytime I pick one up, the colors and cartoonish look just draws me in, never fails! And they did indeed make the blank, but I sure never seen it back then! Pops up on ebay sometimes, for ca-wazy prices!

Orakk-Yeah, Pruneface is in the video at the end. Purple pants.

Just opened Flattop & Influence...Man I love this line!

I do wish they'd made the rest of the speaking cast - Pat Patton, the Kid, Stooge Viller, Littleface, 88 Keys and Numbers, but there's something really charming about the ones they did make.
    Yeah, the Blank was the only one I could never find as a kid. That was the one entirely elusive figure in the whole line. I've still got all of mine somewhere.

Could be Blank figure so freaking expensive??

http://cgi.ebay.com/****-Tracy-SUPER...item4aa4c61d0c

I thought that price point would be only for MOC vintage Star Wars, Transformers, G.I.Joe or MOTU action figures
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

HD figures on youtube
    Yeah I saw that! And if the seller knows what he's talking about, he claims the Blank was "Only available to Sears Canada, in very limited quantities". If true, that could explain ALOT.

Poop on that! I live in Canada! And I never saw no Blank figs anywhere!

(Then again, I wasn't the action figure bounty hunter I am now. lol)

My brother and me had all the figures except for the Blank. I have heard it was both never released and it was but for some reason very few were in designated places in Canada for some strange reason.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I do not, unfortunately, own the cars - never picked them up, although I would have liked to have.

My understanding is that the Blank was indeed only available through Sears Canada - He/she was held back out of initial waves as to not spoil the reveal, but after sales were lackluster, the only Blanks that made it out were through our friends to the north.

Here's a couple of pics of mine I took a ways back. This is one of the gems in my collections.
    Attached Images Attached Images

HD figures on youtube
    Wow.....Again, VERY jealous over here! And thats interesting about the history of this figure. I still dont understand why these never sold very well, but to each thier own.. Thanks for sharing those pics!

Villainous Marauder Monkeyboy Prime's Avatar
    Thatman- if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the Blank? I still want to get one someday. And thank you for posting the pic w/o the mask I've always wanted to know what was under there.
    When will we get our Songster figure Mattel???

HD figures on youtube
    Heres my flattop review.

My understanding is that the Blank was indeed only available through Sears Canada - He/she was held back out of initial waves as to not spoil the reveal, but after sales were lackluster, the only Blanks that made it out were through our friends to the north.

Here's a couple of pics of mine I took a ways back. This is one of the gems in my collections.
    WOW!!!!

I had no bloomin' idea that the face even came off!!!! I'm so thrilled to see that it reveals Breathless! lol (Now, I will HAVE to somehow get that one!)

Thanks for that great bit of history on the figure. Totally makes sense! (Although, too bad I never found one up here!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/****-Tracy-SUPER...item4aa4c61d0c

Is this guy for real??????

Last edited by nilito; October 6, 2010 at 03:06pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No problem - I had never seen the face until I actually had the figure in my hands, so I'm totally happy to send the pics around.

To answer your question, Monkeyboy, I really couldn't say for sure - Blank was part of a large lot of **** Tracy stuff I got about seven or eight years ago on ebay - I paid $200 for the whole lot, but it was worth it to get the Blank. Still have a few miscellaneous carded figures lying around, too.

D.i.c.k. Tracy from Playmates 1990

I was a HUGE fan of Tracy when the movie came out and had some of the figures. As silly looking as they are, they're a part of my childhood and I find a great charm to them. Back in the day I didn't exactly have them all but I had the important guys. Tracy, Sam Catchem, Flattop, Ichy, and Big Boy. Now I've been rebuilding my collection and have Tracy, Sam, Lips Manlis, and The Rodent.
    I see one thing hasn't changed here and that's I can't say D.i.c.k here despite it being a legit name :P
    Last edited by dragonrider1227; May 9, 2013 at 08:29pm.

For obvious reasons, Mr. Tracy's first name does get caught by the filter.

Always glad to see love for this line. Good luck acquiring the rest of the figures you're missing...most of them are actually pretty easy to come by, but The Blank in particular, is nigh unto impossible.

Yeah, I know exactly why it gets filtered. It's just a little awkward that a man's legit name gets censored because of how it's been peverted over the years :P
    One issue I have with the toy line that I even questioned back in the day is the change in their clothes. Tracy doesn't have his coat, and half of the baddies don't have their jackets. Heck, Pruneface doesn't even have his tie on properly. Is Tracy's toy world in a permanent state of casual Friday? XD

i had the entire series. and i had 2 Blanks. those were fun toys. most fun i ever had with a movie line. funny that anyone even remembers or cares.
    Last edited by Angry-Calligar; May 10, 2013 at 01:57am.