Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hordak Spirit gone for good??

Hordak Spirit gone for good??

I've been trying to get hold of the spirit version of Hordak and thought, maybe this time. I put him in my shopping cart and was just about to pay: Hordak is currently out of stock. Then it said: gone for good but if you enter the figure page it says that he's back in hiding. Which is it? Anybody know?
    WTB:
    SDCC Battle Armor Faker

I doubt anyone but TG knows for sure, but my guess would be that he's gone. He was intended to be this years chase figure and with 2013 quickly coming to a close I'd wager he's gone from transparent to non existent!
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

I hope not. I took the day off come to realize that I missed him for like the 4th or 5th time. i am pretty upset by all of this.

That stinks. I hope most were able to find him.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

I had a meeting so was not able to log in to my early access right away. Just got on and he's already gone. terrible that a subscriber since day 1 is not able to get every figure.
    Like anyone could even know that

I put off getting him from Cyber Monday so I could get him with Standor, and spread the cost around.

Well, stupid me I didnt realize the early access would be open at 11 my time, not noon as per typical.

So anyway. Bleh. I've talked myself into wanting this figure, didnt want it initially.

I dont feel mad at Mattel. It's a chase variant and it isnt supposed to be easy to get. Now that I talked myself into wanting one I do want one.

Guess it's back to checking Ebay & the .Org Marketplace for a good price again. Luckily since he is a chase variant ,though i want him, I'm ok with waiting and hunting.

All ye people who miss stuff and feel some kind of entitlement because you buy their stuff, I cannot sympathise. I can sympathise that you missed something you wanted, like myself. But this idea that Mattel "owes" you these characters, well that mindset of entitlement is not healthy.

Not that me saying so is going to convince you guys, but hey, a fella's gott try?

Some things are supposed to be hunted. The fun is in the hunt. Just owning things is great, and I aspire to it. But we all know the shine is dulled once you actually have it.

Just saying, dot get bitter because you "been around the block" and feel you deserve to be treated somehow differently. Just having early access, though it still isnt a golden ticket, is special treatment.

Let's get back to the hunt!
    Last edited by baronterror; December 12, 2013 at 12:06pm.

Quote Originally Posted by slgcmg View Post
    I had a meeting so was not able to log in to my early access right away. Just got on and he's already gone. terrible that a subscriber since day 1 is not able to get every figure.
    My thoughts too.

What irritates me most is why not just have the white crossbow be included in a weapons pack so more people would have had a chance to pick it up. I know there's alot of vintage collectors out there who would love to have the original white one to go with Hordak. I couldn't care less about the Spirit figure. That crossbow should also just been transparent red. I still get that some people do also want the figure for what it is and the way this was hadeled is more like they wanted to tease the fans.
    Booo!
    WTB:
    SDCC Battle Armor Faker

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    Yea, I was just hopping over here to mention that this had shown up on the Early Access page... Gone For Good. Yikes. I am sorry everyone who wanted didn't obtain one. I really thought Standor would be a heck of a lot more in demand today, and that's still very available at my time of posting here. I *accidentally* got mine just by randomly logging in earlier this year, but I'd saw it was up for sale today when I logged in. I've been lucky... perhaps with a 2014 chase I won't be. I've got my extra Cherry Hordak *just* for that reason!

I completely forgot the early access sale and now is gone for good. It's ok, Maybe I get it down the road. I just bought Standor...
    To infinity, and beyond!

I just got one on ebay for $50 shipped so I'm good. Not much of a mark up at all. Now I just need Granamyr to be 100% complete!
    Like anyone could even know that

I just got one on ebay for $50 shipped so I'm good. Not much of a mark up at all. Now I just need Granamyr to be 100% complete!
    missed that cyber monday Granny? Boy am I sorry for you. Ah well, the hunt is on.

To the other poster, if I got a Spirit of Hordak I would have gladly traded/sold you the crossbow. If I wanted a white one, I'd just paint one of the two I already have. original one from Hordak, & the silver one in the weapons pack. Sorry I didnt get one so I could help you out. But seriously, just paint one white. Couldnt be easier if that's all you wanted.

---------edit

also, how mad are some of you people going to be when he's back Day of Sale? Me, I'm going to be happy as a clam. Mebbe I'll snag him.

I got a sneaking suspicion this lil' wrangler is going to pop back up for say the 16th. Beware teh riot!
    Last edited by baronterror; December 12, 2013 at 03:51pm.

Spirit of Hordak early access 12/12/2013

Hi
    Please help just tried to buy Spirit of Hordak and weapons rack for my castle greyskull can't wait. As I went to pay for it SOH was no longer available so I went to look back at EA and says gone for good but if you click on it "too late hordak has gone back into hiding" So is he coming back or is he gone for good will the toy guru answer?!?!?!?! Can anyone shed any light on this?

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    Yes, he is fully sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Oh, goody...
    I'm guessing this is the wrong forum to ask if the crossbow might be available with some other future figure since there probalby won't be another weapons pack made again?
    Yes, I'm hung up on the crossbow but since alot of "old school" collectors wanted just that, I just feel it was a little un-smooth to include it with Spirit guy. It should be with a figure every one shloud be able to secure more easily. Unless it sells out super fast of course Wether you want just a figure or the accessory it comes with, it shouldn't be made into such a mockery to the collectors who get on board and fights for the line to keep going.
    So, what do you say Scott?
    WTB:
    SDCC Battle Armor Faker

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Well, stupid me I didnt realize the early access would be open at 11 my time, not noon as per typical.
    11AM Eastern is the normal starting time for Early Access, while normal "all-access" sales start at Noon Eastern.
    2015 MOTUC Line is ON! (Now make Tuskador PLEASE)

Wow, a figure that was available 4-5 times now is sold out? Conspiracy! Evil money hungry Mattel! Toyguru is the devil!!! Reversed shoulders!! Hahahahaha....for those that "missed out" don't sweat it, he was cast in black plastic and painted over anyway.
    Make Filmation Clawful. Come on, he's like a totally different character!

Court Magician
    Is there no customer service stock for those who ordered one in this sale that might turn up later in a flash sale?

Yeah this is the sad part. Us subscribers should always be given the shot to get outside of sub items first. Makes sense. At least give all subscribers a code to get 1 figure. Make it it for a certain day & time & that's it. Then they can do all putting up figures when nobody is around to purchase. This also should be done with the Convention & SDCC exclusives too.

Heroic Warrior
    I totally agree with Vlcan. I've been buying from Mattycollector ever since the website went up.

I got SCREWED each and every time the Spirit of Hordak figure went up. I got kicked out of the order page again today because of Matty and Digital River.

I was going to order both the Standor and the Spirit of Hordak figures today to ease the cost of shipping. But since I missed out on Spirit of Hordak, I'm not buying Standor. They even were charging $16.00 for shipping on ONE figure. I live in the "continental" United States. What gives? If I buy Standor, it's going to be at a cheaper price at next year's Black Friday sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Kollec-Tor View Post
    I totally agree with Vlcan. I've been buying from Mattycollector ever since the website went up.

I got SCREWED each and every time the Spirit of Hordak figure went up. I got kicked out of the order page again today because of Matty and Digital River.

I was going to order both the Standor and the Spirit of Hordak figures today to ease the cost of shipping. But since I missed out on Spirit of Hordak, I'm not buying Standor. They even were charging $16.00 for shipping on ONE figure. I live in the "continental" United States. What gives? If I buy Standor, it's going to be at a cheaper price at next year's Black Friday sale.
    I understand your frustration as I'm sure others do too. I started collecting this line for multiple reasons. And one of them was not for the "thrill" of the hunt. I'm not a kid trying to get around to every store in my location to find something. Make it AVAILABLE for us to buy. Give us the opportunity to do this especially now that there are Chase,Convention & SDCC exclusives. I mean the SDCC exclusive was easier to get than the other two. Mattel just needs to make it happen for the subscriber fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    If he's Gone for Good, then why does he say Coming Soon on Matty.com right now????

Inquiring minds want to know.

Seriously, what's up wit dat?

Spirit of Hordak
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Heroic Warrior
    I am sure he will be labeled sold out when they put him up.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Wow gone for good. That's crazy. I feel lucky that I got him today but he really was not a fun figure to collect. I did not enjoy "the hunt" and found it frustrating the five other times I missed him. Sorry to all who missed out on him this last time. Hope they don't do a hard to get chase figure again.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Wow! The hunt for the Spirit of Hordak was a blast! It was just like the chase figures of the 90's!

I hope next Mattel starts creating phantom waves, gives scalpers first dibs on our subscriptions, and randomly damages our blister cards like Target did in the 90's. Because the hunt is fun!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Gorilla beastussapien Beastmangler's Avatar
    I fear Lookee is next for this treatment. He makes more sense as a "hunt" figure, which will not be fun at all.