Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Spirit of Hordak Discussion - When it returns for sale, when it sells out, etc

I'll be trying for a SoH as well. I was one of the lucky ones for Strobo, so we'll see how I do tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Smart move on Scott's part.

Now, everyone who was going to quit the line and who has been angry, I hope this will help to assuage your frustrations!

In my opinion, this is how the figure should have been offered first (and I actually was able to get one).

Until it's gone in seconds. Mark my words unless it lasts any decent amount of time people are going to do what they did the first time all over again. It's nice that we're getting a heads up, but since they plan to ration him out through out the year you just know that a SUPER small quota is going up.

Not to mention the limit is now 4 which tells you that they're trying to slow the sale down since they know many won't be up. Prepare for a bloodbath, both during the sale and after!

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofGS View Post
    ***! how did Evil-lyn sell out even before Early Access started??
    It's unbelievable!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

They probably thought they had her but didn't. Or the big crate marked Evil Lyn was full of Stinkors.

Not but yesterday did I just pay double retail for Stinkor on the secondary market... That smarts.

This is good news. I just want 1 & that's it. If it's like the Stobo sale....you'll have to be quick. Which I wasn't when Strobo went up for early access.

What time is the sale EST if it goes up at 8:00 am PT? Is it 11:00?

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    What time is the sale EST if it goes up at 8:00 am PT? Is it 11:00?
    Yes 11EST & 10 CST

Stinkman in all his swapped forearm glory!

I already have him, but if not, I'd get him, I actually love the stinky fellow, aside from the stink and the swapped forearms, which I fixed a while ago.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I kind of had a feeling he would show up for early access tues, after all Scott said he wouldn't but then made the comment that he would show up when we least expect it, so by setting that expectation we would least expect it then!! I believe he'll last a little longer than Strobo, but we'll see!

I better get him....
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Smart move on Scott's part.

Now, everyone who was going to quit the line and who has been angry, I hope this will help to assuage your frustrations!

In my opinion, this is how the figure should have been offered first (and I actually was able to get one).
    I did quit the line when I missed Hordak, but now that he's back I'm back in the line.

I'll be trying to get one tomorrow (my Pre-K class might suddenly have early recess). With any hope, there'll be members here who buy extras to help those who miss him or who can't get to the site in time. (Fairly, that is.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I did quit the line when I missed Hordak, but now that he's back I'm back in the line.
    I quit over the loose ankles, too many concept characters, the sexism against females, the backwards shoulders, the black paint, the reversed forearms, Snout Spout's trunk, Roboto's cracked chest, Clawful's head, not enough snakes on King Hsss, not getting Strobo, Jitsu's tiny head, the Star Sisters, Bubble-Power She-Ra, Mighty Spector, Sir Laser-Lot, and missing Spirit of Hordak.

But now I TOO am BACK!!!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

I'm gonna be super ticked off if I cant get a Hordak and a Stinktor tomorrow.
    Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghosterbusters, and Voltron collector...any one have a storage unit(s) I can use? LOL

I was gonna skip tomorrow's sale. But I'm in for Stinkor! I may grab a Wally West too....

I agree with what others have said, how does a figure sell out before it actually goes on sale. that just makes people start assuming you can't actually check to see if the crate is labeled right.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    There is going to be absolute chaos for tomorrow!!!!

Every ****ing scalper in the universe will be attempting to get the spirit of hordak figure during early access!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kollec-Tor View Post
    THERE IS GOING TO BE ABSOLUTE CHAOS FOR TOMORROW!!!!

EVERY ****ING SCALPER IN THE UNIVERSE WILL BE ATTEMPTING TO GET THE SPIRIT OF HORDAK FIGURE DURING EARLY ACCESS!!!!
    They clearly say the figure will be available multiple times this year. I don't think anyone will have a hard time grabbing one in 2013. Scalpers shouldn't make much money on him. In fact - he'll be dropping in value over time.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I was gonna skip tomorrow's sale. But I'm in for Stinkor! I may grab a Wally West too....
    Wally is not part of EA since he's part of the sub. Double shipping

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Ok... I may have to take an early lunch break tomorrow and run home to order. I could try from work, but I find that it takes longer to get through.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I hope ya'll have a better time getting SoH than I had with Strobo. It says a very limited amount which tells me 60 seconds. My Hordak is on his way from the first time (woulda bought extra had I known) and have Stinkor so I'm sitting this one out.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Wally is not part of EA since he's part of the sub. Double shipping
    None of the sub items are available during Early Access? That's pretty shady...

I guess I'll skip buying Wally West then. Too bad they got greedy with the shipping and lost a sale.....
    Last edited by No-Ah; May 13, 2013 at 10:12pm.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I hope ya'll have a better time getting SoH than I had with Strobo. It says a very limited amount which tells me 60 seconds. My Hordak is on his way from the first time (woulda bought extra had I known) and have Stinkor so I'm sitting this one out.
    I actually managed to successfully order Strobo. I'm hoping my luck holds up.

Yeah, there seem to be more downsides with early access than there should be.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-MoodZ View Post
    I kind of had a feeling he would show up for early access tues, after all Scott said he wouldn't but then made the comment that he would show up when we least expect it, so by setting that expectation we would least expect it then!! I believe he'll last a little longer than Strobo, but we'll see!
    I hope so, I really want him, and with Strobo, if I had sneezed I would have missed him, that was pretty ridiculous how fast he went....a lot already seemed to get him (not sure how many subscribers, since it's for us tomorrow), hopefully they'll stay out of the way and let those of us who didn't have a shot....I do not want to go back to F5-ing Matty all damn day, I have better things to do. And I really want him.

Kind of, but not really, it does prevent those wishing to get doubles for extra displays, especially now, if they choose not to have any DOS for a given figure....but on the other hand, it keeps subscribers from buying all the stock of figures they are already getting....it's a double edged sword....but I get it.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I hope so, I really want him, and with Strobo, if I had sneezed I would have missed him, that was pretty ridiculous how fast he went....a lot already seemed to get him (not sure how many subscribers, since it's for us tomorrow), hopefully they'll stay out of the way and let those of us who didn't have a shot....I do not want to go back to F5-ing Matty all damn day, I have better things to do. And I really want him.

Kind of, but not really, it does prevent those wishing to get doubles for extra displays, especially now, if they choose not to have any DOS for a given figure....but on the other hand, it keeps subscribers from buying all the stock of figures they are already getting....it's a double edged sword....but I get it.
    They could always allocate a certain portion for EA and another for DOS. It's pretty simple.....if they weren't trying to scam another shipping charge...

Or they could just take all orders we place on those two days and ship them together. You know, like ALL other online vendors do....