Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Spirit of Hordak Discussion - When it returns for sale, when it sells out, etc

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I did quit the line when I missed Hordak, but now that he's back I'm back in the line.
    HA!!

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah
    None of the sub items are available during Early Access? That's pretty shady...
    I understand why that is... they wanted to secure as many subs as possible for each line... If I had been able to get the DC Sub figures via early access, I would only have purchased the MOTUC subs... maybe... actually, I probably would have subbed because of the combined shipping.

But I won't be trying for a second SOH to keep MOC via early access tomorrow because I can't get Silk Spectre via Early Access Two sales lost... they probably don't care.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Hopefully with the 4 limit it will allow us to grab one or two.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghosterbusters, and Voltron collector...any one have a storage unit(s) I can use? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    They could always allocate a certain portion for EA and another for DOS. It's pretty simple.....if they weren't trying to scam another shipping charge...

Or they could just take all orders we place on those two days and ship them together. You know, like ALL other online vendors do....
    But still in all fairness, subscribers are already getting the figures....soon we'll probably not see any DOS stock at all, and the point will be moot anyway. Not to mention....Matty loves sucking up all our shipping dollars, and why compare Matty to any other store or vendor....they'll never hold up, ever....it's sad when the Mattel company site is run better than the collectors only site....Mattel likes cheap and crappy, and they got the best at it with Digital River.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    But still in all fairness, subscribers are already getting the figures....soon we'll probably not see any DOS stock at all, and the point will be moot anyway. Not to mention....Matty loves sucking up all our shipping dollars, and why compare Matty to any other store or vendor....they'll never hold up, ever....it's sad when the Mattel company site is run better than the collectors only site....Mattel likes cheap and crappy, and they got the best at it with Digital River.
    Well, I have a Club Eternia sub (And Filmation.) I thought that meant I could grab the other figures from DC, BF, etc during early access. Even if they don't let me grab them first (It's not like those ones sell out the first day anyway,) it feels like such a scam to charge us twice for shipping on the 14th and 15th. The shipping is already overpriced and ridiculously slow. Now they want a double-dip? They're going to lose out on my money. I won't be grabbing Wally West this month. He's not worth the price with his own individualized shipping charge. Not so long ago I was buying DCD figures 4/$50. And the DCD figures look a lot nicer.

Really they should ship after the 15th and send out all figures ordered on the 14th and 15th together with combined shipping, like I would expect any Ebay seller to do....

They've already got over $150 of my money this month from FFM, Karatti, and Jelly-Flavoured Hordak (And they'll get another $30 or so for Stinkor tomorrow.)
    Last edited by No-Ah; May 13, 2013 at 10:08pm.

I love how everyone calls fruit punch Hordak something different

I have 2 MOTUC subs and one Filmation sub. Matty loses sales with me almost every month because they refuse to combine shipping. I very seldom buy anything day of because the shipping is too high already without paying it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
    I love how everyone calls fruit punch Hordak something different
    Hide & Seek Hordak is superior to them all!!!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Putting the SOH figure in EA is a nice gesture from Mattel, and I appreciate it, but it's going to sell out so fast that the odds of getting it aren't worth me taking time off of work to get one.

Bummer.

Good luck to those who will be trying.

Hopefully I can score one later in the year.

- Buy the early access items that you want.
    - If they don't sell out: On actual DOS re-buy them along with the other items now available.
    - Cancel your early access purchase.
    - Profit???

For what it's worth, I just started a poll to see how much combined shipping would change peoples' buying habits. I wonder if Matty knows how much money they're losing every month with this policy?

Well, I have a Club Eternia sub (And Filmation.) I thought that meant I could grab the other figures from DC, BF, etc during early access. Even if they don't let me grab them first (It's not like those ones sell out the first day anyway,) it feels like such a scam to charge us twice for shipping on the 14th and 15th. The shipping is already overpriced and ridiculously slow. Now they want a double-dip? They're going to lose out on my money. I won't be grabbing Wally West this month. He's not worth the price with his own individualized shipping charge. Not so long ago I was buying DCD figures 4/$50. And the DCD figures look a lot nicer.

Really they should ship after the 15th and send out all figures ordered on the 14th and 15th together with combined shipping, like I would expect any Ebay seller to do....

They've already got over $150 of my money this month from FFM, Karatti, and Jelly-Flavoured Hordak (And they'll get another $30 or so for Stinkor tomorrow.)
    I hate to play advocate for Mattel, but Scott did say many times you would only be able to get non sub figures during Early Access....eh, now I feel blah....

Anyway, you'd think all of that, but Matty is far from a perfect world, they seem hell bent on finding all kinds of ways to make you pay more if you want to collect any of the lines offered....sad, but it's par for the course, they have us, it's either suck it up, or quit the line....to a point complaining gets us some lead way....so there's that.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by GRANAT View Post
    - If they don't sell out: On actual DOS re-buy them along with the other items now available.
    - Profit???
    Obviously you have never tried to cancel a DR order... It is almost impossible. They just tell you that the order is already processed and you can refuse delivery if you don't want the item.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

For what it's worth, I just started a poll to see how much combined shipping would change peoples' buying habits. I wonder if Matty knows how much money they're losing every month with this policy?
    Mattel already knows, they offered us an option in a poll to choose monthly or quarterly....I don't remember which one had the most....many want their figures monthly instead of waiting....I know I'm dying to press the ship button fro figures I have in BBTS's POL.....just waiting on Blitzwing & Springer to make it all worth it, then starting all over with Sandstorm in July....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GRANAT View Post
    - Profit???
    They won't cancel an order unless it's absolutely necessary, and even then it's like trying to beat yourself to death with a wiffle ball bat....it's less hassle to pay the shipping....we know it, they know it, I think it why they have the **** ass policies they do.

Matty sucks, everyone knows it, they can't do what even beginner start-up e-tailers can do....cancelling an order is a no brainer, but simple things....Matty can no do....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

early access, more like early disappointment..
    ebay link, http://shop.ebay.com/kjsupertoys/m.h...id=p4340.l2562

Vist our shop, Gotham City Comics and Coffee. 46 W. Main St, Mesa, AZ 85201

Like us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/gothamcitycomics

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    So uh... what is so special about this Hordak? And why did they go and make this when they should have been making new Fistos for people?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I'll by trying my hand at getting a SoH tomorrow.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by powerofGS View Post
    ***! how did Evil-lyn sell out even before Early Access started??
    Digital River made a mistake...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Digital River made a mistake...
    They don't make mistakes . . . ever.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I'll by trying my hand at getting a SoH tomorrow.
    Meanwhile at the dark castle of Matty HQ:

Scott: Guys, we really need something to get the fans excited and happy. They have been wanting some really hard to get reissues.

Mattel Guy with Twirly Mustache: This is true, sales have been down.

Balding Villain Guy: Well, the fans have been wanting Doomsday, and there is that new Superman movie coming out.

George Bush: Yes, heheheheheh, but that would mean breaking our vowuls.

Mattel Guy with Twirly Mustache: I agree.

Scott: What about just giving them a reissue of Fisto or Sorceress?

All at once: Hahahahahahahaha

Mattel Guy with Twirly Mustache as he wipes a tear from his cheek: That is a nice one.

Balding Villain Guy: I GOT IT!!

Mattel Guy with Twirly Mustache: Well don't keep us in the dark!

Balding Villain Guy: The fans have been wanting a translucent red plastic Hordak, right? It will give us a reason to finally use all of that red plastic we bought from Hydra for $1 per 10 acres.

Scott: Yes, yes I think they have.

Mattel Guy with Twirly Mustache: That is an excellent idea. They'll buy whatever we give them and love it because they have no choice. We decide if the line lives or dies, so they are required to like it without second thought. Quick, call the factory and start that guy in production right now!!!
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    They don't make mistakes . . . ever.
    *On Sunday between 2:00am and 3:00am*

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I quit over the loose ankles, too many concept characters, the sexism against females, the backwards shoulders, the black paint, the reversed forearms, Snout Spout's trunk, Roboto's cracked chest, Clawful's head, not enough snakes on King Hsss, not getting Strobo, Jitsu's tiny head, the Star Sisters, Bubble-Power She-Ra, Mighty Spector, Sir Laser-Lot, and missing Spirit of Hordak.

But now I TOO am BACK!!!
    I quit the line after the 15th of each month, but after exiting the line for 30 days I am BACK as well
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Heroic Warrior
    I for one am looking forward to tomorrow's Early Access Sale. I just LOVE it when Digital River blocks me from ordering items like Strobo. I can't get enough of it. MORE! PLEASE DIGITAL RIVER, MORE!

Should I start the ' I missed SoH during early access and now I'm angry' thread. Par for the course!!
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

I have a filmation sub does that not count for early access?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    Should I start the ' I missed SoH during early access and now I'm angry' thread. Par for the course!!
    Yeah, you might as well start that thread. I'll be posting there sure enough by tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mac&cheesier View Post
    I have a filmation sub does that not count for early access?
    Unfortunately, it does not. The Early Access for you won't start until July when the first Filmation figure gets released this year on Matty.

not until July