Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: Spirit of Hordak Discussion - When it returns for sale, when it sells out, etc

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    And you and Val have my enduring gratitude for that. (I got Keldor from that list.)

- - - Updated - - -

That seems odd. I would think you'd get Octavia before NA He-Man.
    Yeah, for whatever reason Mattel has not yet sent Octavia out for review to anyone. There's still time before her sale date, so I'm hoping she'll still come.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    I remember the Keldor 500 list, I complied it for Val back then, it was a mess heh. But very fun
    The Keldor list was awesome! That was how I got mine. I drove 16 hours from Augusta, GA to the Wizard Chicago convention just to get him but missed out on all 3 days.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by maa5 View Post
    I doubt he's living in a palace on a manager's salary at Mattel. Agree with your sentiment though!

- - - Updated - - -

Too funny! I'd inject more sarcasm if I were to do this, so kudos to you for taking the high road.
    No, I don't believe Toyguru's living in a palace -- not after watching last night's episode of "Toy Hunter"!

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    If only Mattel had sold SOH in this way a lot of people would be happier.
    To be fair, that's pretty much what they did. It was first-come-first-serve for a small quantity. Just for discussion's sake, let's say the quantity they offer each time is 500. And 2000 people rush over to order him. And the limit is 4 per person. well, naturally, it's going to sell out lightning fast the first few times.

But over time, as more and more people get one (or however many they ordered), there will be fewer people rushing to get it. By the 5th or 6th time they offer the figure, it should be easier to get. There's no guarantee of getting it, but it should technically and hopefully be easier over time.

Like someone said, there's only about 22 listings on ebay for him right now. Looks to be about 42 sold auctions. so even if we round up to 70 sold and active via eBay, that's not exactly a gigantic amount. Looks like he's averaging around 80.00 on eBay, and I say it's not worth it when there's more chances coming. My advice is still to hang in there! Don't give in to ebay prices if you don't have to!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Yeah, for whatever reason Mattel has not yet sent Octavia out for review to anyone. There's still time before her sale date, so I'm hoping she'll still come.
    I can't wait to see her! Unless she's there and you can't see her through your SOH acid trip.

Wow! One little comment from me sparked all of this recollection.

I remember the Keldor 500 list, I complied it for Val back then, it was a mess heh. But very fun
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    MOTUfan was steppin' up to the plate! And thank you again for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Card View Post
    Man that brings back memories, I was on that list back then. I still say that was super cool of all of you to do.
    Yup I did, and glad to do it, your welcome again. And was made a Moderator some time later for a few month,and Val even forgot about it HAHA.

Yup you were, heh.

And Mattel should be thanked too heh, they stepped up as well, something they did not have to do at the time either.

Read through this entire thread, I understand the feelings everyone who was upset. All of the problems that people are having. I've had many of them too.

But the best thing about this figure is that he will be made available again, we just don't know when, but he will be

And hopefully all of the problems that users had/have will be sorted out by then

Brent
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Yeah, they sold me a small quantity for users on the Org and it was a first-come-first-serve type deal. 1 per person if I remember correctly. Then we packed them up at the studio and shipped them out from there.

Dan's still in the middle of his trip.

Alright. Everyone start singing...

Memories.
    Like the corners of my mind
    Misty water-colored memories
    Of the way we were

Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    Man. The Spirit of Hordak is right. Look at everyone fighting, Horde style. Someone needs to do an end-of-episode service announcement about this.

He-Man: "In today's story, we saw a bunch of people trying to get something they wanted. But they didn't."

Orko: "Yeah, He-Man. I just wanted that Hordak figure SO BAD!"

He-Man: "He's pretty cool, little buddy. But just because you want something, it doesn't mean that you can treat others unkindly."

Orko: "You mean I can be sad without being mean to other people?"

He-Man: "That's right, Orko. Toy collecting can be a frustrating hobby. Don't let the Spirit of Hordak infect your actions."

Orko: "Good advice, He-Man! Well, until next time!"
    Best post in this whole thread.

Widget
    Did anyone who got the early access email notice that the start time was WRONG, it had the start time as 9am PT / 12pm ET...

Quote Originally Posted by tgrys View Post
    Did anyone who got the early access email notice that the start time was WRONG, it had the start time as 9am PT / 12pm ET...
    Yeah, everyone did, and that's why many were ****** they missed Hordak....I myself totally missed reading it, and glad I did, I logged in at 11est, and of course a 15 minute delay....but I got Hordak....then realized the E-Mail said 9 / 12 on it after many brought it up.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    We really should keep posts about the next sales in this thread to alert people rather than create new threads.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    We really should keep posts about the next sales in this thread to alert people rather than create new threads.
    New threads end up merged with the other main Hordak thread anyway, but new threads at the time actually help get news noticed than a thread that's been around forever it seems.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    New threads end up merged with the other main Hordak thread anyway, but new threads at the time actually help get news noticed than a thread that's been around forever it seems.
    Not when you get an e-mail to a thread you're already subscribed to that says "Spirit of Hordak is available!"
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Not when you get an e-mail to a thread you're already subscribed to that says "Spirit of Hordak is available!"
    I don't subscribe to threads, I come on and look and I'd rather see a new thread sitting there with new news than a stale month old thread 20 pages long (example) with more useless info than useful, and more about people saying they didn't get him, or they got him instead of actually saying anything new.

So, I for one, prefer new threads, and the new threads are for new sales, not old ones.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Why would you go to the first post of a 20-page thread looking for the latest news? What's the difference between going to the last page of an existing thread you see is updated and going to a brand new thread? It seems like a new post was made when the actual sale went up. Makes sense for that to continue. But once that sale is over, there's no point in continuing that same thread. Because it'd be repeating discussion that is already happening elsewhere.

I'm worried about Octavia...are they going to pull a Fang Man with her?

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I'm worried about Octavia...are they going to pull a Fang Man with her?
    No, they would have told us by now.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

She is explicitly stated as being available on Matty in the June sale announcement, so no worries. Although I wouldn't be too surprised if she goes quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Why would you go to the first post of a 20-page thread looking for the latest news? What's the difference between going to the last page of an existing thread you see is updated and going to a brand new thread? It seems like a new post was made when the actual sale went up. Makes sense for that to continue. But once that sale is over, there's no point in continuing that same thread. Because it'd be repeating discussion that is already happening elsewhere.
    When I see an old thread updated, it seems to me that it's old discussion, therefore I usually don't bother checking the last pages, or anything in between. When I see a new thread, saying something new is happening, then I'll look....I'd prefer to see a new thread that says....X figure on sale now, this second, than seeing one from a month ago and looking at the end of it for new news that the figure is back....because this thread says....5/14....not say 6/2....therefore meaning to me, the thread is done.

Even the old Hordak thread is useless to me, if there was a sale, then it would still get lost in the clutter of that thread....and the title would still read "MotUC All Things Hordak, Pics and Discussion (Reg, Hurricane, Spirit)" and says nothing to me that he is on sale just logging onto the Org. However a new thread that can be merged after the sale would be most informative and let me know right away without sifting that BAM, he's back. Now if it read "MotUC All Things Hordak, Pics and Discussion (Reg, Hurricane, Spirit)....(Back on sale now 6/2 @ 10pm)" Then I'd be informed without clicking into the thread.

Merge the threads after the sale....but I think new threads should inform about new sales, that's the fastest and best way to help spread the news, not having to check last pages of an old thread, especially if the title doesn't reflect the new sale.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior

Spirit of Hordak sale dates

I have been one of the unlucky ones that seem to miss the Spirit of Hordak sale dates and times. Sometimes I miss them by only minutes. And like many, I try to visit mattycollector regularly to see if this figure is available, but it never is.

I also noticed this figure is now marked as sold out, instead of currently unavailable. I hope that's not true.

I thought it might help to have one thread to post any info related to when this figure will be available.

Please post in this thread if you have any information about sale dates and times for the Spirit of Hordak figure. Thank you.

Heroic Warrior
    He will be sold at December's Day Of Sale, as TG stated before. Probably, he won't show up til then.

Heroic Warrior
    Thank you for the information.

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
    He will be sold at December's Day Of Sale, as TG stated before. Probably, he won't show up til then.
    He will show up again

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    He will show up again
    Besides the end of the year "day of", will he show up another time?

Quote Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
    Besides the end of the year "day of", will he show up another time?
    I'll field this one....

ahem....

"When you least expect it, he'll be back!"

Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

LOL this is too funny

Heroic Warrior
    Did any one get any hints or updates on the Spirit of Hordak figure at the NYCC?