Thread: Monsters vs Aliens - TV series

Monsters vs Aliens - TV series

Based on the extremely funny 3D animate movie of the same name, all I can say is...

THIS SHOW IS AWESOME

Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Heroic Warrior
    It's okay but they could have had a great action comedy series instead they focused on the comedy. Besides I wanted them to fight stuff like monsters, robots, as well as aliens but they didn't go in that direction.

well it is still a newish show so still time for it to get more actiony. For now tho I am loving the comedy

Heroic Warrior
    I will say I do like Susan's new design though I wish she kept the outfit she got on the alien ship in the movie.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I wish there was a bit more action, as that was a part of the movie, but I'm just glad to see the characters getting the spotlight here. I was beginning to think Dreamworks had forgotten about the whole thing. The only bad thing is a little too much of Bob; he's good when he's given equal time, but he's sort of a one note character who can be easily overused. He's actually my least favorite of the characters, though I like them all, including the new, nefarious aliens cozying up to the powers that be.

As I said, I'm just glad to see them in the spotlight again. I'm not a big fan of most of the Dreamworks stuff; honestly, only Kung Fu Panda and MvA clicked with me. MvA had just the right mix of comedy, action, caharacterization and a little bit of an edge to make it a really good film, and I see that potential here, as well.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

My only complaint is that there appears to be no Butterflysaurus in the series which just leaves the cast incomplete imho.

As for Bob, yes he can be overused but I still think he is a great character, especially in the ep "The Thing with One Brain".

The only character I have not yet warmed to, tho they are new so I will give them time, is Sqweep

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    I had no idea they were making this. What channel/network is it on?
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

well it is a Nick toon so... Nickelodeon? or one of their channels

Just a guess

I watch it online

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    It's on Nickelodeon. New episodes air Saturday mornings.

The show is entertaining, but I will admit I too was expecting more action based not only from the movie, but the pilot episode gave off the impression that's where they would be going. Hopefully they're building up to something as indicated by the running theme of Coverton speaking with his smoke obscured superior. (there has to be a reason they're not showing him)
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Heroic Warrior
    I agree they do use Bob a little too much at times and the pilot and intro made me believe it was going to be more action oriented.