Thread: Anyone fixed a Dragon Walker??

Anyone fixed a Dragon Walker??

I have a Dragon Walker like most people do I'm sure. And I am sure most people have one that does not work. Has anyone tried fixing one? If someone has a suggestion on what to do let me know. I don't want to risk getting one on ebay and then finding out it does not work.
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    I never fixed one,but I have one that works and I would sell or trade it to you?
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    there was an old thread asking the same exact question some months ago, i think what the guy said there was clean the battery contacts and it works. If that doesnt work, nothing 35 bucks solve, even for a misb.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    there was an old thread asking the same exact question some months ago, i think what the guy said there was clean the battery contacts and it works. If that doesnt work, nothing 35 bucks solve, even for a misb.
    Yes, cleaning the battery terminals usually does the trick. You can use any of the following to clean up corrosion on the terminals: Acetone, nailpolish remover, or rubbing alcohol. If that doesn't work you may want to take a screw driver to the thing and check the wire connections (nothing a little sodder won't cure). Hope this helps

Heroic Ruler of Nothing KidRandor's Avatar
    I found that the terminals on mine were a bit corroded so i used a flat screwdriver to lightly scrape the corrosion off and then using a qtip dampened with water to wipe them clean ...... works perfect. same worked for my attack trac

I just got a Dragon Walker in very good shape but it ONLY works in reverse. Putting the batteries in reverse doesn't make it run forward. Any ideas or is it a lemon?
    "There are two kinds of wonders in this world: gutless and MY kind!"
    --Alexis Morel Carrington Colby Dexter Rowen of "Dynasty"

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Hope mine works.

I had one of those and I sold it about 2 years ago.......

Quote Originally Posted by teepop View Post
    I just got a Dragon Walker in very good shape but it ONLY works in reverse. Putting the batteries in reverse doesn't make it run forward. Any ideas or is it a lemon?

That's odd... Maybe you'll have to put your figure backwards in the cockpit then

Mine doesn't work at all anymore... I seem to have lost the stupid batterycap. Typical...

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, I had one that had the same exact problem. If it is working in reverse, then the batteries are in backwards. The reason it does not work when they are in forward is because the contacts need to be cleaned, and for whatever reason you are getting better contact backwards than you are in when the batteries are in forward. After adjusting the metal contacts and cleaning them, I was able to get mine working forward. The metal contact on the battery cap was really bad, and I had to push the metal out forward a bit with a screwdriver, but it did work.

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    What kind of batteries are people using in their Dragon Walkers? The instructions with mine (Canadian version) show "C" batteries, but they fit so loosely in the battery compartment that they shift away from the contacts, and the toy won't run. I haven't tried "D" batteries yet, but maybe they fit better? I solved the shifting problem with the C cells by taping 2 pennies to one of the batteries. They act as a spacer to keep the batteries apart, and in the correct position to touch the contacts.

I will try cleaning the contacts and the pennies to keep the battery in place. The contacts LOOK so clean. I see no dirt or anything. Maybe they are not staying in place when put in the correct way. This is an interesting mystery for sure!
    "There are two kinds of wonders in this world: gutless and MY kind!"
    --Alexis Morel Carrington Colby Dexter Rowen of "Dynasty"

It's kind of a dumb question, but does anyone have a picture of Dragon Walker's battery lid?

Last year, I ransacked the attic and my old room at my parents' house looking for it, without success...
    BUT, I'd been looking for a green battery lid...

I saw a complete Dragon Walker for sale a few weeks ago and realized the darn lid was white! Maybe I came across it last time and didn't realize what it was. Either that, or I didn't notice it because I was looking for something green...

Anyway, if I could see a picture of what the lid looks like, I'll know exactly what to look for next time I ransack my parents' house in a desperate quest to complete my favourite MotU vehicle

(Stupid lid...)
    (I should've bought that darn complete a few weeks ago...)
    Last edited by the fixer; October 30, 2008 at 04:44pm.

Widget
    Hi All,
    I know I'm late to the game on this thread, but I had the same issue with the reverse but not forward. I took someone's advice and put copper pennies at the bottom of the well (after cleaning all the contacts and such) and it worked. The only problem was that because the pennies a little too thick, it ended up bending the little tab that keeps the battery lid on (I think that it will eventually break off). However, this worked and it's going forward.