Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Grenadier lead figures and Icon Heroes Grayskull : a perfect match!

MOTU Grenadier lead figures and Icon Heroes Grayskull : a perfect match!

Titles says it all. Icon Heroes Castle Grayskull is perfect to display those great lead figures... Totally in scale!
    I got the last set I was missing (with Faker, Tri-Klops and the Battle Ram), a while ago, now I MUST find some time to paint it too!

Last edited by Lulu-Berlu Reg; May 14, 2013 at 12:37pm.

Heroic Podcaster
    That is amazing! I love the Grenadier minis but I only have about half of them. I need to get mine painted as well and get that castle! What a display! Thanks for the heads up!
    Angella - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - FLUTTERINA! - Flying Fists He-Man - GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - MERMISTA! - MultiBot - NINJOR! - Peekablue - Perfuma - RIO BLAST! - Rotar
    Saurod - SPINNERELLA! - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - TUNG LASHOR! - Twistoid

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    wow, that's really really cool!

Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    aw wow! that looks FANTASTIC! Just one thing thou, where did you get the RAM MAN figure? Is it also from grenadier? I'm either confused or never seen that one

Heroic Podcaster
    The Ram Man is a Grenadier mini and comes from one of the four box sets. There is a pic of him in the merch section (I think).

These are some of the very best but under-appreciated MOTU items out there!
    Angella - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - FLUTTERINA! - Flying Fists He-Man - GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - MERMISTA! - MultiBot - NINJOR! - Peekablue - Perfuma - RIO BLAST! - Rotar
    Saurod - SPINNERELLA! - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - TUNG LASHOR! - Twistoid

under-appreciated is right. I never even heard of these before. But they do work fantastically with this Grayskull.

Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    You copied me
    lol!
    Great minds think alike I guess!
    By the way, I love the paint job on yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu-Berlu Reg View Post
    lol!
    Great minds think alike I guess!
    By the way, I love the paint job on yours.
    Love your paints as well.

This castle has made me want to bust the paints out and go fast and furious. I have all 4 sets but only have about 50 percent completed!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Awesome. I never painted mine. But I might now
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Been looking for these minis for years. I'm dying to get my paints on them. They finally have their castle after all these years. Thanks for sharing.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    The Ram Man is a Grenadier mini and comes from one of the four box sets. There is a pic of him in the merch section (I think).

These are some of the very best but under-appreciated MOTU items out there!
    uh i'm confused now because i dont remember that guy , gotta check my sets to see if they really are complete

EDIT:

Now i know why i couldn't remember him, the package is still sealed lol
    Last edited by Arkangel; June 14, 2013 at 04:47am.

Awesome displays guys!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

That's great! Recently picked up the Battle Cat set to display with the castle.

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by suckator View Post
    That's great! Recently picked up the Battle Cat set to display with the castle.
    Did you get that boxed set off eBay tonight? Steep price! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Did you get that boxed set off eBay tonight? Steep price! Congrats!
    Yeah. I wasn't expecting it to go that high.

Heroic Podcaster
    No kidding! I got the Battle Ram set on eBay for $75 several months ago, another sold for $105 a few weeks ago and now this one shot up there in price. These things are getting more popular as people find out about them!

EDIT - I 'might' have some great photos to add to this in a few weeks. I'm out of town until the 30th but may have a pretty terrific box waiting for me at home for a deal I just closed having to do with these minis. If it works out the way I HOPE, I may have pics of something MOTU/Grenadier related that has never been seen here on the Org! Or at least, not seen in a long, long time...

Fingers crossed!

Cool! Can't wait!

Heroic Warrior
    Those are really cool,I never saw them before.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Heroic Podcaster
    After a little work and a lot of luck, I just got it a complete collection that I bought from a non-Org MOTU collector! Ram Man's axe is broken but I can fix that. I can begin stripping the paint off these to prepare them for a professional miniature painter, who I have a reservation with in January.

The big news is that the collection included Talon Fighter, Panthor and ATTAK TRAK!!!

Attachment 85702Attachment 85703
    Attachment 85704Attachment 85705

The Attak Trak is actually 5 separate pieces - the base, the driver with the dash attached and all four treads. I don't know if I want it glued together or not since the treads can be displayed so many different ways! I probably will have the driver glued on before painting though, as that piece can only really work one way. I tried to post a 5th pic but it didn't make it, must be over my limit or something.

Once I have them all nicely painted like the terrific collections in this thread, I will treat myself to one of those Icon Grayskulls to finish the display! Then I'll have to decide what to do with my extras.
    Last edited by SunDevil; July 1, 2013 at 09:06am.

Wow. I never knew Grenadier also made Panthor, Attak Trak and the Talon Fighter!
    I guess my collection is not as complete as I believed it was... so let the hunt resume!

Heroic Podcaster
    Just won an auction for a few more of these little treasures - two more Battle Ram SkySleds, an Attak Trak He-Man, a wheel that may not be MOTU and one very interesting piece. It looks to be Trap Jaw in a cockpit of some kind with a lazer cannon on it. I have no idea what it goes to but will post pics when they arrive and ask for help from my fellow Orgers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu-Berlu Reg View Post
    Wow. I never knew Grenadier also made Panthor, Attak Trak and the Talon Fighter!
    I guess my collection is not as complete as I believed it was... so let the hunt resume!
    Game is on! I didn't know about these either !?

Anyone knows what this set contains?

Heroic Warrior andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it's Avatar
    There were 2 BIG sets that included MANY miniatures (more than the 4 regular stes).
    One set was ALL Herioc
    and the Other set was ALL EVIL
    The heroic one included 3 vehicles/beasts (attak trak, battle cat, and maybe wind raider)
    The evil one included talon fighter + panthor (and i think battle ram). In the evil set was included Panthor rider evil lyn.
    Don't know if it was trap jaw that drove the talon fighter, maybe SUNDEVIL org member will soon discover and let us know.