Thread: Magestra in MOTUC

Magestra in MOTUC

Magestra should need no introduction as she is featured in one of the Filmation cartoon's very first and most memorable episodes! Sneaky Evil-Lyn appeared out of thin air in the middle of the royal palace throne room posing as a magician wanting to perform magic tricks for King Randor. A few flurries of her Shaping Staff and Randor is whisked away to the dungeon without anyone noticing that the now ravenous king smells strangely beast-like. Luckily Orko the cricket is there to save the day!

Magestra is one of those Filmation characters that would be a perfect fit for the Classics line. She sports a classic outfit and a unique staff that is interestingly duplicated in the proposed design for the Great Black Wizard's design. Her look is far apart from the Evil-Lyn figure already translated to the line, which makes her a sort of half variant. No doubt there is plenty of room in the official MOTUC canon for another wizard character. Perhaps Magestra is Evil-Lyn's future form once she has traveled to the future to give birth to Skeleteen. I like to think this is the form she takes when strolling through the streets of the kingdom without any notice from the guards, which can come in handy when gathering information for Skeletor, or whoever else she happens to be plotting with at the time. She could also be seen as an entirely different character! Lots of fun possibilities with this figure. Let's bring her to Classics!

Vote for Magestra in Poll #11 of the official He-Man.org 2016 character polling season and show your support!

Character: Magestra
    Appearance: Episode 3 "The Shaping Staff" (He-Man & the Masters of the Universe DVD set, Volume 1, Disc 1)
    Quote: Man-At-Arms: "That's no demon!", Prince Adam: "You can say that again!"
    Trivia: Writer Paul Dini specified Magestra should have white hair. It's later discovered that the real Evil-Lyn also has white hair. [Referenced from the unofficial cartoon guide written by James Eatock!].

Entrapta, from MOTUC, comes with Magestra's Shaping Staff.

http://powet.tv/powetblog/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/ToyFair_2014_MOTUC_Entrapta.jpg
    Manny
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'm thinking Magestra could come with a yellow version instead of Entrapta's gold version. Either this or she could come with a whole new accessory from the Filmation cartoons.

EVIL TRENTONIAN
    Her dress is way too long for my tastes.

Her face reminds me Sabrina the teenage witch.

I am neutral, best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Grepicon View Post
    Her dress is way too long for my tastes.

Her face reminds me Sabrina the teenage witch.

I am neutral, best of luck!
    I think she could benifit from a bit of a redesign to adress those, though the dress length seems all right. I say yes, not only a good episode, but she makes a good Sword and Sorcery Sorceress archtype. Besides the staff, she could always come with the already mentioned cricket-Orko.

Looks cool! I like the simple design, and I'd like having more mages around (since I'd probably use her as some other character).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.