Thread: Filmation Cells

Filmation Cells

Ok, I have 4 consecutive cells of Orko in motion and I want to display them. I don't have the wall space to put up 4 different pictures.
    My question is:
    Can I crop the cells to display all 4 on the same background? Should I? Or should I just keep them in their manila envelope.
    Mythew.

Court Magician
    DO NOT CROP THEM!

With any kind of original artwork from animated movies/shows etc, never crop them or alter them if you want to retain any of their value. Get them framed correctly with acid free mattes and never put them in a place where they will have direct sunlight on them. The UV from the sun will damage them over time.

If you can't frame them professionally, keep them in the manila envelops they came in and store them flat in a box or between 2 pieces of hard cardboard or foam core boards to avoid bending or folds etc.
    Last edited by The_Animator; May 16, 2013 at 07:49am.

Where's a good place to find these for sale? I've seen some on eBay but not sure if they are legit or not.
    "Problems Weaver?"

The ones are Ebay are usually legit. Just take a close look at them, or contact the seller for details. Most don't come with certificates - they're not as desirable as say, Disney cels.

But never, EVER, crop them!

OK, no crop the cels. Never crop the cels. Under no circumstances will the be any cel croppage of any kind.

Very glad to hear it

Heroic Warrior
    To repeat all before me...DO NOT CROP the cels. You can frame them overlapping to show the motion. I don't have any sequential cels just singles, however a friend has a scene of He-Man swinging his sword and framed the full motion sequence in one frame. It looks nice but looks more like futurist art than a pin-up type artwork.
    Good trades with: Cammor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakashian Calamari View Post
    To repeat all before me...DO NOT CROP the cels. You can frame them overlapping to show the motion. I don't have any sequential cels just singles, however a friend has a scene of He-Man swinging his sword and framed the full motion sequence in one frame. It looks nice but looks more like futurist art than a pin-up type artwork.
    how did he mount the cels together to keep them from sliding around? archival tape?