Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soooo, did anyone go on Matty today? (No "I've placed my order" thread this month)

Soooo, did anyone go on Matty today? (No "I've placed my order" thread this month)

It feels like a badly planned onth. a controversial and expensive 3 pack and a New Adventures figure.

Did anyone place an order for MOTUC this month or are we now painfully aware of what will be on the block for mad matty sales?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    It feels like a badly planned onth. a controversial and expensive 3 pack and a New Adventures figure.

Did anyone place an order for MOTUC this month or are we now painfully aware of what will be on the block for mad matty sales?
    Mad Matty, the clearance section of Big Bad Toy Store, and en masse in the Marketplace section of the .Org.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    Prediction:
    http://www.simracingdesign.com/~files/ollie%27s_67b.jpg

$81 for 3 unknowns... Ouch. (Though I DO really dig these figures)
    Karatti at any price... Ouch.

Flash version 25 or whatever and Silky Spank-her aren't even "almost gone" yet...

Perhaps the entire Spirit of Hordak dealio was to offset the inevitable fail of today?
    Last edited by bigassbuzz; May 15, 2013 at 03:05pm.
    Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

Still debating picking up a Wally Flash, I have the previous Barry Allen version and a blue lantern Flash.

Made a deal with another .orger for FFM who was getting rid of an extra sub set for cost + shipping to me, so that was cheaper than going through matty.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

A big fan of Slush Head
    Matty cancelled my sub for an unknown reason. I called them to fix my problem they told me to wait because in 3 days my sub will be charged again and didn't happen. I no longer have a sub thanks to Matty.
    There was plenty of money in my card. Had to place my order today for Karatti.

Matty you haven't learned a thing, even us who subscribe have to deal with things like this. Man this is frustrating and I rarely complain. But this time I just have to.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I certainly don't want to see a month where they receive practically no business for the MOTUC releases, but honestly what did they expect? Though his look doesn't necessarily appeal to me directly, I'm at least open to Karatti--but quite a few (of the posters here, at least) seem non-interested. And as for the FFM, what can be said that hasn't already? It's an overpriced item (because it's a three pack) containing three characters that all but a very select few couldn't care less about. At the very least, they should have swapped one or the other of this month's releases with a character that has wider appeal.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Heroic Warrior
    Didn't buy but have a sub, and that's why. I'm happy with this month's releases.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

I picked up a Silk Spectre and a Keldor, but also have the FFM and Karatti on the way via sub.

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    No, I didn't need extra as I already purchased more than I need "to help the line". And now I can't seem to give away my extra FFM and Karatti at cost.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Have a non-subscribing friend that wanted a FFM, so I bought him a set. I think I'm the only one.

Nope I'd don't even want the ones I'm getting

I don't get the excitement with the Flash figure. It's really no different front what we've already gotten. I wouldn't mind another FFM for customs but can't afford it at the moment.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I went in just to look at how they were doing. Since subbed, I got mine on route already, but was curious.

I was pleasantly supprised to see they were still availible, except I was also a little embarrased since that says something based on how we know they sell out.

I'll be happy to get mine, too bad they were not so beloved though. Tough month.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    Have a non-subscribing friend that wanted a FFM, so I bought him a set. I think I'm the only one.
    Was it an easy transaction? no WSOD??

I wasn't really AGAINST them but when the international shipping debacle with King He-Man and the map happened, that's what killed it for me. I realized how much international (Canadian in my case) fans were getting gouged with multiple items being shipped and I didn't want to pay such an inflated price (with the shipping) for figures I didn't really care about.
    Last edited by krosfyah; May 15, 2013 at 04:06pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

i actually went more today than usual.

gotta resist the urge to order another karatti

No sadly didn't buy anything today. Wanted Evil-Lyn but she was NA. Got Stinkor yesterday during EA, Already have a sub, so getting FFM and Karatti (which I don't want) by default.

Very clever to add FFM and Karatti as the first new mini-sub figures, knowing they will probably not sell well.

I have my sub but i ordered an extra set of the Fighting Foe Men!

I really like those guys
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    oh there's a sale today. Thanks for reminding me. Only figure I wanted was Silk Spectre which I am already subbed to.

Damn....bad month for Matty....had I been a picker instead of subbing this year....I'd have passed on everything new....but maybe picked up a King Hisss....but not with $109 already, and waiting for BBTS to take my money when Springer & Blitzwing finally come in....

I'm keeping The Foe Men (but not crazy at all about Sherilyn, (really don't like the BG Teela buck) don't like her head sculpt with the painted, and non removable (because it's friggin sculpted and not a separate piece) face shield)....hate Karatti....but doesn't look as if I can sell him....I'd rather use him for parts instead of taking a loss for him, or give him to my son (don't even want to do that because I think he's the ugliest mofo so far in Classics, and I really don't like him)....sucks.

Not to mention DOS price here for the Foe Men is $81 , $75 in my sub, for figures I could truly live without is ludicrous enough....plus a figure I never wanted.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; May 15, 2013 at 04:43pm.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

pretty uninspiring/unintersting month for me - im selling both my subscription figures ...

ebay is getting pretty busy with the fighting who men ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

I ordered a Stinkor yesterday. My SoH, Karratti, and FFM are in the mail already.

The big problem with the FFM is that a 3-pack SHOULD be discounted. The costs drop for Matty, even if just in terms of packaging. When you buy in bulk, you get a discount. The most the FFM should have cost would have been $65, not $81. As a result, they're not selling out and will be available FAR cheaper on the secondary market. I may even grab a second set when the prices drop low enough.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I ordered a Stinkor yesterday. My SoH, Karratti, and FFM are in the mail already.

The big problem with the FFM is that a 3-pack SHOULD be discounted. The costs drop for Matty, even if just in terms of packaging. When you buy in bulk, you get a discount. The most the FFM should have cost would have been $65, not $81. As a result, they're not selling out and will be available FAR cheaper on the secondary market. I may even grab a second set when the prices drop low enough.
    yep, that's another issue, ESP with army builders, they shouldn't cost the same as 2 figures, they are reusing the buck there should be a discount on them

Fear is faith in failure

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I really don't know why anyone would be buying FFM from Mattel directly when there will be (and already are) so many FFM available from fellow orgers or on eBay for at or below cost (and the shipping would be less).
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    I really don't know why anyone would be buying FFM from Mattel directly when there will be (and already are) so many FFM available from fellow orgers or on eBay for at or below cost (and the shipping would be less).
    I agree. I see several people posting that they bought them from Matty today at the DOS higher cost when I have been trying to sell them below subscriber cost and taking a loss
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

It is going to be irksome when I see the FFM, that I paid $75 for x3 in my subs, show up at a Mad Matty sale for $40 or so.