Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (New 52) Teela Unappreciation thread (some spoilers)

(New 52) Teela Unappreciation thread (some spoilers)

well against my better judgement I got #2 of the ongoing comic and my hatred of Teela has continued to grow as she;

* Speaks to members of the Royal family as if they are beneath her
    * Assaults a member of the Royal family
    * Speaks to her father in an inappropriate way
    * Hates all mages
    * Is glad that her mother (The Sorceress) is dead
    * strips down to her bra and panties in front of groups of men, that include her father
    * Knows who Adora is but chooses not to tell He-Man it is his sister but instead keeps on insisting that he kill her
    * Wants to basically kill everything that moves because...she is a warrior? I dunno, she just seems far too bloodthirsty that even Hordak would probably tell her to take a chill pill
    * Gets really REALLY angry that Mekaneck survived the attack and then goes on to insult him.

If they are trying to paint her as some kind of "speak her mind" hardened warrior woman then I am sorry but Keith Giffen is UTTERLY failing. Instead he is making her into such a ***** that I think the series would be best served if He-Man did as she said and started killing people, starting (and ending) with Teela because she needs to go

NOW

Last edited by wolfsfang; May 15, 2013 at 05:42pm.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    well against my better judgement I got #2 of the ongoing comic and my hatred of Teela has continued to grow as she;

* Hates all mages
    * Knows who Adora is but chooses not to tell He-Man it is his sister but instead keeps on insisting that he kill her
    * Wants to basically kill everything that moves because...she is a warrior? I dunno, she just seems far too bloodthirsty that even Hordak would probably tell her to take a chill pill
    * Gets really REALLY angry that Mekaneck survived the attack and then goes on to insult him.

If they are trying to paint her as some kind of "speak her mind" hardened warrior woman then I am sorry but Keith Giffen is UTTERLY failing. Instead he is making her into such a ***** that I think the series would be best served if He-Man did as she said and started killing people, starting (and ending) with Teela because she needs to go

NOW

Teela doesn't know that the Sorceress is her mother. She probably doesn't know Adora is Adam's sister. So far Adora is Teela's imaginary friend. Interestingly enough, maybe bringing up Adora around Randor might bring some answers to light.

And as far as Adam goes, in almost all of the canons, Teela is ALWAYS very familiar with her prince. She calls him about his cowardice and laziness in Filmation, she is his training rival and buddy in MYP. Teela's relationship with Adam was never really so official. He is her friend.

I'm beginning to suspect that Giffen might purposefully have made her a ***** at the start of the story, but she might get redeemed by the end of the story. Hopefully next Teela-centric issue will mark the turning point and a transformation might occur.

Wolf, besides Teela, how did you like the issue?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

i liked it as much (if not less) then the last one

Oh and I know that Teela has always spoke her mind to Adam and others. But there always seemed to be some level of respect even when she was telling him off for making an idiotic move or not holding a sword properly. In this series she comes across as thinking she is better then everyone, that she is queen of the universe and everyone else is beneath her.

Problem with Giffen making her a ***** at the start of the story is that I have zero interest in seeing her character grow and would instead just like to see someone behead the red haired little troglodyte
    Last edited by wolfsfang; May 15, 2013 at 05:22pm.

I think teela going to change her personality as you go through the series,as a lesson , as a great filmation lesson
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    You forgot to add: strips down to her bra and panties in front of groups of men, that include her father.

Also, I will sign this un-appreciation thread.

The only positive thing I can say about New 52 Teela is...I like that they gave her red hair again...and that Charger was in one issue. The end. OH, I did like the issue when she saved Adam and the issue ended with "Would you mind very much if we started with the fact that isn't a bird?" She was likable in that issue and that issue alone.

EDIT: Oh, I also liked Teela's Royal Attire at the end of the Battle Cat digital issue. That was cool, and she read a book.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Teela doesn't know that the Sorceress is her mother. She probably doesn't know Adora is Adam's sister. So far Adora is Teela's imaginary friend. Interestingly enough, maybe bringing up Adora around Randor might bring some answers to light.

And as far as Adam goes, in almost all of the canons, Teela is ALWAYS very familiar with her prince. She calls him about his cowardice and laziness in Filmation, she is his training rival and buddy in MYP. Teela's relationship with Adam was never really so official. He is her friend.

I'm beginning to suspect that Giffen might purposefully have made her a ***** at the start of the story, but she might get redeemed by the end of the story. Hopefully next Teela-centric issue will mark the turning point and a transformation might occur.

Wolf, besides Teela, how did you like the issue?
    That's what I'm hoping. I think there's a lot of potential for this Teela if her story is developed and there's a good enough pay off. Though I'm suspect that this version of Teela isn't Captain of the Guard or Adam's bodyguard or anything like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Darkspecter: You are right I did forget about her stripping so I have added to the list

Heroic Warrior
    i liked it as much (if not less) then the last one

Oh and I know that Teela has always spoke her mind to Adam and others. But there always seemed to be some level of respect even when she was telling him off for making an idiotic move or not holding a sword properly. In this series she comes across as thinking she is better then everyone, that she is queen of the universe and everyone else is beneath her.

Problem with Giffen making her a ***** at the start of the story is that I have zero interest in seeing her character grow and would instead just like to see someone behead the red haired little troglodyte

I'm with you here; Giffen has taken her too, too far (and why would that be, if he had any sense of context - which he seems not to, time after time, after - etc. ?) for us even to care if she's redeemed.
    And - anyway - isn't it DESPERA that's meant to be in need of redemption, NOT Teela, who is (technically - and, apparently only technically) on the side of the angels? If so, poor ruddy angels....

I loathed the banter at the funeral (again, context, DC, context...try it sometime; it works) and the tastelessness of it smeared Adam as well. But the banter with Adam (which was always fundamentally respectful and fitting in Filmation, MVC etc) is here none of those things - but utterly inappropriate, outre', silly, childish, overstated, dull, repetitive and so on (and on.)
    I am heartily weary of Teela and her Tourettes - and her feisty valley-girl lingo. Feisty and edgy are SO 2006, don't you find?

And - again - the banter might be fitting in a way (but not THIS way) with Adam - but - with He-Man??? And having him indulge her and respond in like kind simply demeans him. And he - allegedly - IS the Power, which plainly deserves no respect whatsoever, any more than this supposed hero gets from this Teela. It shows just why doing away with the He-Man/Adam duality being still a secret was a grievous and ill-thought-out error. Among an awful lot of others.

I deprecate this Teela as I deprecate this He-Man - pale and ephemeral shadows of the real thing. These silly and unpleasant character interpretations won't endure - and will be justly consigned to the dustbin of DC history (which is rapidly approaching the size of Orion's Nebula...)
    Last edited by Scriptor; May 15, 2013 at 06:01pm.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Darkspecter: You are right I did forget about her stripping so I have added to the list

I wonder if she will become "Slave Leia" to Hordak and give him lap dances? If they don't improve on Teela's attitude and overall character, I think this would be a fitting punishment for her and would make me laugh.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

I wonder if she will become "Slave Leia" to Hordak and give him lap dances? If they don't improve on Teela's attitude and overall character, I think this would be a fitting punishment for her and would make me laugh.
    Then Hordak (who is apparently a vampire) can bite her throat out and drain the life from her annoying little corpse

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Wow, this sure got dark...
    Why yes, yes it did

Heroic Warrior
    Why yes, yes it did
    People do tend to get angry when they feel betrayed by those who have - somehow - acquired the stewardship of a well-loved property - and who fail to understand that and - frankly - vandalize it.

It's what happens.

Heroic Warrior
    Okay, just finished reading the comic and HATED it. I don't like Teela's depiction or really any of the characters. They are extremely out of character, from a King who should have the undivided attention of his subjects as a ruler, the weak portrayal of He-Man, and *****-goddess Teela is the worst and with too much attention given to her. Bad story and poor characterization.
    Good trades with: Cammor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
    People do tend to get angry when they feel betrayed by those who have - somehow - acquired the stewardship of a well-loved property - and who fail to understand that and - frankly - vandalize it.

It's what happens.
    I stopped reading this DC garbage after the first series (and sold all of mine off), as I couldn't stand how badly the characterization of the characters is. I always thought MYP Teela was a *****, but she's a sweetheart compared to this DC Teela. I really wish that someone who knew about and cared for these characters was producing this series. I would love to have a MotU comic to read, but I will never get on board with what they're doing right now.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...I actuallly DO appreciate her! Violent shameless redheads are pretty exciting!!
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)

* Hates all mages
    * strips down to her bra and panties in front of groups of men, that include her father

NOW

Pretty much all this. I get that Teela is a strong willed, independent and even feisty woman. But FFS there are ways to write that without making her what she is in this series.

It is like she is a wrestling "heel" and just doing anything to generate a negative reaction. Pretty much all that is to insult your home town.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

god hate this new 52 teela...

I get that they were making a separate universe an its not OUT MOTU-verse we all came to love as kids.. BUT, this... gezz. It is like they went an picked ALL the bad elements from all of the different shows an said.. hey lets see how bad we can make this... ugh. Ok, focusing on teela alone...

First off her playfulness with adam has been punched up to 11 an the dial ripped off... she is flat out ABUSIVE now. I find her maxed out abrasive attitude and constant irritation to make me disconnect with her immediately and not only not care about this version of her... but frankly I am hope she is a clone an gets killed off and the real teela comes back.. ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    The only positive thing I can say about New 52 Teela is that they gave her red hair again.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post

It's what happens.
    Unfortunate, but true. I find that these new comics just don't feel like MOTU to me. If Mattel is happy with their property being handled in this way, then I dread to think what the next cartoon or movie will be like.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I like the outfit she wears and its grown on me as has the He-Man one, but her personality in this series is terrible, hopefully she changes or tones down as the series goes on. Also I hope she isn't like this in the DC vs MOTU series - if she is I'll be siding with Wonder Woman.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

hopefully she does change. But the question is will it be a little matter of too little too late?

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Stone Cold "Teela" Austin ????????
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Wolffang I couldn't have said it better! I really dislike what they're doing with Teela.

The one thing I like about this series is the art, the penciller is quite good imho. As much as I love Teela's new costume, I rather they just reverted back to the costumes in the toys! Its bad enough DC mess around classics costumes for nu52, but they had to mess up the MOTU costumes as well.

Heroic Warrior
    The first issue wasn't so bad, but this one is just over the top. I really hope it's being done on purpose because in the end she's going to discover that she's the one thing she hates: a mage. If they don't follow that up, then they might as well just kill her off. And what was with the Mek ripping? It's freaking Meckanek! She clearly isn't the Captain of the Guard in this canon. So fingers crossed, but if it continues...I may have to drop it.