Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fighting Foe Men - now SOLD OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    The FFM are very cool, and amazing figures.
    I agree! If you are a motu fan, I just don't get how you cannot like them. I can understand not liking the price, but these figures are pure motu.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Funny, I seem to recall the same thing being said when the Star Sisters sold out quickly (not as quickly I might add) and I don't remember them showing up on Black Friday.

I'm willing to believe the FFM had lower production numbers, but when something sells out fast that does not automatically mean there's some wild conspiracy behind it.
    There's always a conspiracy. There's really just a very small group of people who spam the forum repeatedly about how 'awful' the FFM are. Most other people only complain about the cost. Beyond that, I've not seen one single person explain how they are 'awful' figures. Just sour grapes from people who want this-or-that figure instead (usually not something that's popular anyway).

If the sell-out is genuine, it might be a reflection of them selling a lot of sub-lites. There may have been really minimal DOS stock to begin with....

YEAH! Come on FFM! Sell out on the first day! I got two sets coming, and I couldn't be happier about it.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    If the sell-out is genuine, it might be a reflection of them selling a lot of sub-lites. There may have been really minimal DOS stock to begin with....
    I think both are likely a factor. They probably knew that this wasn't going to be a huge seller outside of the subs, so they probably didn't produce too many outside of what was needed for the subs.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

If you add FFM to your cart Spirit of Hordak becomes available

Just kidding of course, but it would be a genius way of selling an unwanted product.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I think both are likely a factor. They probably knew that this wasn't going to be a huge seller outside of the subs, so they probably didn't produce too many outside of what was needed for the subs.
    Really what they have done is genius. They knew that May would be a hard sell of a month. They got us all to sign up and agree to the hit. The rest of the year everything will sell out with lightning speed.

This is ridiculous. Only because after shipping you can get them at least $13 cheaper on the secondary market RIGHT NOW. Must have been a very low DOS number, and as others have said you can bet you will see them later, at least as customer service stock.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    If you think they don't fake sell-outs, then tell us where the Stinkors and Slush-heads that went on sale this week came from. Weren't those supposedly sold-out months ago????
    Left-over customer service stock for when figures are broken, have missing weapons, etc.

TG said that the quota can raised or lower because of popularity. People did buy the Fighting Foe Men, but the total quota number was probably lower. That's why they are almost gone.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Left-over customer service stock for when figures are broken, have missing weapons, etc.

TG said that the quota can raised or lower because of popularity. People did buy the Fighting Foe Men, but the total quota number was probably lower. That's why they are almost gone.
    No. The quantities are too high to just be customer service stock. This line is all about perceived rarity.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    This is ridiculous. Only because after shipping you can get them at least $13 cheaper on the secondary market RIGHT NOW. Must have been a very low DOS number, and as others have said you can bet you will see them later, at least as customer service stock.
    The catch, though, is that if you have any kind of defect or customer service issue with a set that you buy sealed from a third party seller, since you don't have an order number to go with it, Matty will have reason not to accept a return and exchange on it, and depending on the seller, you may have a hard time getting them to take it back.

For a mere different of $13, I can see why someone may opt to get the set directly from Matty. It might be more worth the risk if you are getting it for closer to half price from a third party seller.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I would simple take another set of FFM just for their weapons alone, but alas the price is too much.
    Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghosterbusters, and Voltron collector...any one have a storage unit(s) I can use? LOL

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    No. The quantities are too high to just be customer service stock. This line is all about perceived rarity.
    On some things. Mattel will state if things are leftover CS stock, especially on Early Access. That's why Stinkor and Slushhead ran out so quickly yesterday.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I love how it isn't just conspiracy theories, but it's all taken as total absolute fact. "The Fighting Foe-Men are selling out? MUST BE A CONSPIRACY!"

Heroic Warrior
    Almost gone? SUURRRE! Just like Gygor, Tytus, and Shadow Beast sold out.

On some things. Mattel will state if things are leftover CS stock, especially on Early Access. That's why Stinkor and Slushhead ran out so quickly yesterday.
    Slushhead is STILL available now.

not to mention the "lite subscription" quantities that were added.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I don't get the Fighting Foe Men hate. They look like proper MOTU characters, unlike a lot of other random characters we've gotten.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Well albeit the price and packaging which can be discussed from here to ETERNI-TY , these are some pretty cool figures. I've had some pretty cool ideas based off the bios to run in my own direction with and as with all Classic figures, have found a pronoun spot (Dare/He-Ro Era) for them into the family!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I don't get the Fighting Foe Men hate. They look like proper MOTU characters, unlike a lot of other random characters we've gotten.
    I think it's the expensive and 'forced' commitment to three 'nobodies' that elicits the hatred. I LIKE them well enough, but the price plus shipping to Canada from Matty I do feel some ire towards them for that. if they were released as singles with a heavy hitter on a two figure month, I think they'd be MUCH better accepted.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

They're cool figures. Some people just can't fathom that just because THEY don't like them doesn't mean that NO ONE likes them.

Heroic Warrior
    Hey, I think they're cool figures, just not $75 plus cool.

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    They're cool figures. Some people just can't fathom that just because THEY don't like them doesn't mean that NO ONE likes them.
    I think they're awesome. I'm just skeptical that many people would/will/did spent $90+ on them when not part of a subscription.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Funny, I seem to recall the same thing being said when the Star Sisters sold out quickly (not as quickly I might add) and I don't remember them showing up on Black Friday.

I'm willing to believe the FFM had lower production numbers, but when something sells out fast that does not automatically mean there's some wild conspiracy behind it.
    Possible FREE GIVEAWAY staffs of Mattel/DR ?????????????

It's like "Hey staffs, We like you......... in fact, we love you ! So here's a small gift from us, The Star Sisters !!!!!!! Keep them in your toy collection, OR sell them for $60.00 OR more on eBay (), oh BTW, they were $66.00 on DOS.............. so good luck" !!!!!

Either BF/CM.......... OR another 2013 bonus for Mattel/DR workers !!!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

I don't know but sometimes it seems to me that some people here want the line to fail. I think the FFM are awesome (way cooler than any NA character) and I'm looking forward to receiving my two sets today. Yes they are expensive but to me personally they are well worth the money (as opposed to the SS). I get a feeling of nostalgia because of their connection to the vintage vehicles.
    Some posts here and in the other thread about this month's sale make it sound as if it were a personal triumph for us if these don't sell well. The opposite is true, if these fail that's one more step to a sub-only model and to the end of the line.
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I think it's the expensive and 'forced' commitment to three 'nobodies' that elicits the hatred. I LIKE them well enough, but the price plus shipping to Canada from Matty I do feel some ire towards them for that. if they were released as singles with a heavy hitter on a two figure month, I think they'd be MUCH better accepted.
    Yeah, I agree with that
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread